cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 30 day plan not allowing me to make calls

loves_tweet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone help me out here?  Just switched over from the $30 plan to the $15 plan that includes 100 of calling, nlimited texting and 250mg data.  I can’t call...can someone hook me up with a moderator please?

30 REPLIES 30

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, DN1!

We are really sorry to hear that you are encountering this situation! 

Please contact us and we will do our best to find a solution! 🙂 

To contact moderators who can help, go on the Public Mobile site -> Get Help -> click the "?" in the lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Kindly,
Public Mobile

DN1

The same thing happening to me too since 2 days.

I have just contacted my bank to cancel that transaction and get back my cash.

I will simply switch to CHATR where you have at least human being to interact with instead of this stupid platform.  

@DN1  Dial 611 to make sure your account is not suspended. If it is then AP must have failed click on reactivate to see if you can get your plan up and running again.

DN1

This company is a disgrace to customer service. You need to interact with people and solve problems.

I made my $15.00 plan this morning and I can't make call and no 250meg available.

I will go to chatr where at least you can speak to someone and get things done in a few minutes. 

@loves_tweet wrote:

it is REALLY stupid I must say.  They tell me I have used up my 100 minutes and yet when I go to usage, it shows no calling.....ughhhhh...

The moderators really need to get to people who have been having these account issues now for several days.  Can't imagine how frustrating this is for you for sure!

loves_tweet

it is REALLY stupid I must say.  They tell me I have used up my 100 minutes and yet when I go to usage, it shows no calling.....ughhhhh...

@loves_tweet wrote:

it’s been a week and still without calling!  Ughhhh PM.....you failed!!!!! Had 3 or 4 mods get back to me that they’re still working on the problem....

@loves_tweet  Wow. Totally unacceptable if PM can't figure it out then maybe PM you should upgrade this plan to one that works for free until you (PM + @CS_Agent ) figure this stuff out.Smiley Mad

loves_tweet

it’s been a week and still without calling!  Ughhhh PM.....you failed!!!!! Had 3 or 4 mods get back to me that they’re still working on the problem....

WOW...I’m lost as to why this is happening.

@loves_tweet wrote:

tried it all...manually, with a "1" in front, without, the only number that works is a toll free number.  And yes, it was working bf today which was my renewal day.

Sounds frustrating for sure...have you tried your SIM in another phone just to rule out any issues with your phone, although it wouldn't explain why you can call a 800 number?  You said it was working before today, I'm guessing it was before you initiated the plan change?

As others have said you'll have to hang in there until the moderators respond.

loves_tweet

tried it all...manually, with a "1" in front, without, the only number that works is a toll free number.  And yes, it was working bf today which was my renewal day.

@loves_tweet, can you confirm you’re dialing 10 digit numbers, or 11 with the 1 in front?  Are you using contact info, or just typing in digits yourself?  Sometimes contact info has strange symbols that mess things up.

Did these numbers work before?

loves_tweet

ughhhh.....thankyou...youve been so helpful!

@loves_tweet wrote:

yup, done that a few times and even removed the sim card too.  I've checked all my settings online and made sure i was in the right province...but it has nothing to do with that b/c it says Canada wide calling.  so hmmmm....this is so inconvenient......i guess that's the price we pay if we want cheap....wait....and wait...

@loves_tweet  You did everything right. Again I hope the @CS_Agent is online and can reset your account to get it going. Hang in there!! Smiley Happy

loves_tweet

yup, done that a few times and even removed the sim card too.  I've checked all my settings online and made sure i was in the right province...but it has nothing to do with that b/c it says Canada wide calling.  so hmmmm....this is so inconvenient......i guess that's the price we pay if we want cheap....wait....and wait...

@loves_tweet wrote:

i've tried different numbers and even with a 1 infront.  still not working.  I just tried an 800 number and it worked!!!  So we are getting progress!!!!!!

@loves_tweetWow definetly sounds like an account issue. Hopefully the @CS_Agent  will get back to you regarding this. Maybe try restarting your phone one more time.Smiley Happy

loves_tweet

i've tried different numbers and even with a 1 infront.  still not working.  I just tried an 800 number and it worked!!!  So we are getting progress!!!!!!

@loves_tweet wrote:

it's always showed public mobile

@loves_tweetFrom what you describe you phone should work and you should be able to make calls. Are you calling the same number? Can you try calling another number with 1 in front of it?

loves_tweet

it's always showed public mobile

loves_tweet

it says my account was renewed at 2am this morning and has a balance of $4.00, I'm on autopay so i don't understand

@loves_tweet wrote:

i just renewed today...May 1st...

@loves_tweet  Is you account active? What does *611 report.

loves_tweet

i just renewed today...May 1st...

@loves_tweet wrote:

When i try to make a call it says "you don't have an active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan".

I don't understand, my calling is within Canada and i have canada wide calling.

@loves_tweetMaybe you used up all your outgoing minutes? Dial *611 from your phone to check.

Edit: Try dialling the number directly with a +1 in front of it.

loves_tweet

When i try to make a call it says "you don't have an active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan".

I don't understand, my calling is within Canada and i have canada wide calling.

loves_tweet

tried that, still no calling, i put in a pm to the mods, hopefully i get it resolved quickly.

loves_tweet

i've checked everything, now i'm waiting for the mods to reply & help.  Hopefully i can get this resolved quickly.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@loves_tweet wrote:

Can someone help me out here?  Just switched over from the $30 plan to the $15 plan that includes 100 of calling, nlimited texting and 250mg data.  I can’t call...can someone hook me up with a moderator please?

What is the error message? Talk not included in plan?  Can you look in account for how many minutes used? Many people don't know that calls are per munute and that checking voicemail uses minutes.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@loves_tweet wrote:

@loves_tweet You may try restart your phone and make sure Public Mobile is shown as your carrier instead of "No Service" 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@loves_tweet wrote:

Maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick..log into your account, report phone lost/stolen, log out for a few minutes and then log back in and report phone found.  Also reboot your phone and see if that helps.  Otherwise please private message Moderator_Team via the envelope in your community account and ask for assistance.

Edit: Hopefully you switched over to the newest $15 offering which includes unlimited incoming as well everything you mentioned.  Did you future date the change or request for it to kick in place immediately?  Future dating would have allowed you to keep your current plan until the next payment...otherwise you've forfeited all of the features attached to your current plan.  Ignore my first sentence because I just realized there is only one $15 plan available which is the current special offer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can send them a message here...

Click this to message them.

Please be patient as it could take 48 hours for a response...but usually much less.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.