cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-8XX numbers

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My current plan is promo plan 120 dollars with 12 GB, unlimited province wise.

I just want to know if I make calls to 1-800 #s lets say to CRA, is that going to be free.

I made one to my internet provider and after few seconds I had to disconnect that I might get charged or something .. yes my call went through as I was on hold.

I had to disconnect and called from home #,  after I logged in and noticed that I was not charged for 1800 # and from my long discatce ads on, I was not charged as well.

Should I assume that from now on I can call 1-800 #s.

Please advise.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Toll free numbers are free of charge.  I had issues early on with calling toll free numbers, but the hiccup seemed to have disappeared. 

@ech_786 wrote:

@NDesai outside of province you meant?

As long as they are toll-free numbers, there should be no charge even if they are hosted outside of your province or Canada. 

ech_786

@NDesai outside of province you meant?

ech_786

@Luddite

I have the long distance ads on ... but after speaking less than a mintue, I was not charged from my ads on. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is pre-paid service so there will be no additional charges. As long as your calls go through, there should be no charges. If those numbers are outside of Canada and US then you need to have long distance add-on. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If a call goes through you are never charged extra UNLESS you have a long distance add-on and the call is considered long distance. This has happened in error to a couple of customers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.