cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your post will appear as soon as it is approved"

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not again.... Any idea what triggers this ? I tried to post something in the lounge 

10 REPLIES 10

BearFBI

Yeah most likely they changed the filter settings. 

@BearFBI 

Ya many only started having issues when the win an iPhone private messages started. PM made an announcement that it's being looked into. I figure first thing they did was changed settings on the spam filter.

Yup no quote button yet for us mobile users 😭 Catherine did confirm on the thread I started a few weeks ago that she would have her team look at it. I have faith in her 😁

BearFBI

@Jb456 

"I do believe it appears that newer users are affected more often than older. So system must have something in place like under a year check this and that, under 6 months check this, under 3 months check everything."

Hmm mabey thats the case. Ive been here for 9 months though and I've never really had a big issue with my posts going to the unmoderated section. Ive only had that issue once with my walmart post that got me banned and it was a "bug in the system" 

Also ughhhhh still no quote button on mobile.

@BearFBI  

I have yet to see any mod do it. Maybe they do a few days or week later but then again I don't go back to look at old posts lol.

Also noticed that if you reply to a thread and your post disappears. Then you still get notified if others respond lol.

We had same issue back at beginning of 2020. At that time many regular posters (including myself) were affected. I know back then mods or someone at PM tweaked some stuff so it would not affect us. It still does not affect me with whatever changes they just did. Unless a new person starts two threads and I copy and paste back to back. (Like my screenshot on other post I posted) other than that I don't get any that disappear from multiple edits back to back. Not sure if they adjust things per account or per group but I do know they can fix it for some.  

I do believe it appears that newer users are affected more often than older. So system must have something in place like under a year check this and that, under 6 months check this, under 3 months check everything.

If yours is very long message split into paragraphs..with things like ___ or #####, =====, etc. (Don't edit original just do a brand new post) that should bypass the system.

Like.

Blah blah blah blah 

._____________________

Blah blah blah blah 

##############

Blah blah blah blah 

==============

Blah blah blah.

Happy Holidays & all the best in the new year!

BearFBI

@Jb456 Yeah ill try that out later. What i wrote was decently long and i only changed a few words so that might be the issue. Does anyone acutaly go in and review it ?

@BearFBI  start brand new post don't try to edit anything it will go back in the mod review bin as it has already been tagged.

If you're copying what you wanted to post  (and it is very long) just changing a few words likely won't help as the auto spam filter has what you wrote.

So try switching it up a bit..like...

Example.

++++++++

Hello welcome to PM forums. I was thinking if we did this and we did that then we could possibly make the community more lovely.====== Please post your ideas below***** and we'll respond shortly.

Just example. Change a few words add a few dots ............ Or wtv.

BearFBI

I guess I'll just modify the heck out of it untill it posts.

BearFBI

@Jb456 wrote:

Multiple things.

Edits, words used, links etc etc. It's automated spam filter that PM will likely have to tweak. They likely did a change when all the spam in private messages started a few weeks back.

Thanks. I tweaked a few words and it managed to post. 

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Its gone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Multiple things.

Edits, words used, links etc etc. It's automated spam filter that PM will likely have to tweak. They likely did a change when all the spam in private messages started a few weeks back.

Also same post on multiple threads can cause this also. If you use copy and paste to send standard replies or copying someone's post, etc it may alert the auto filter as well. Then you may get a red screen like below.

Screenshot_20201216_071958.jpg

@BearFBI wrote:

Not again.... Any idea what triggers this ? I tried to post something in the lounge 

This is likely related to why some messages disappear seconds later after they show as being posted.  This is computer software automated and there are going to be certain patterns that it's looking for that could include things such as time of day of the postings, number of messages posted in a set amount of time, IP addresses shown as being from geographic locations where Public Mobile doesn't usually expect customers to log in from, or really anything that the site software is programmed to keep an eye on.

Need Help? Let's chat.