cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private message requesting their answer as solution.!!!!!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

received a private message from a member requesting me to give solution to my post, please don't request solutions. 

8 REPLIES 8

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

received a private message from a member requesting me to give solution to my post, please don't request solutions. 

It's possible that the person did really provide the right answer to your question. However, granting solutions is voluntary, and any members who has asked a question in a new thread is free to grant the solution or not, within reason, to anyone who may have provided a helpful answer. I would suggest deleting the message if the message is unwelcomed. 

Public Mobile actually does send out e-mail reminders out to members asking them to select solutions, but choosing a solution is not mandatory.

Why?  What does having your response being selected as solutions do?  It accelerates you to earn the Community reward or something? 

Thanks 

After a while you see plenty of your timely and correct Solutions slip away, you even see some wrong or irrelevant Solutions add into your total.

Users can award or refuse Solutions as they like. Oracles sometimes adjust obviously incorrect allocations or finish up unfinished threads or whatever - we are all expected to follow the rules/guidelines so that Solutions are awarded meaningfully - but in the end it's basically just random. You gain or not gain a Solution because of wording, timing, whimsy, fortune, phase of the moon, whatever. A whole pile of parameters entirely beyond your control. So don't worry about it.

Very well said, @darlicious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 

As we all have been new members at some point and have learned thru trial and error and recieved mentorship along the way......I believe it is now your turn to pay it forward and offer some kind advice to the new member who messaged you with the solution request. Send them a private message advising them of their folly and offer some personal experience of your own mistakes you may have made when you first started posting on the community. We have all been there one way or another. We just need a little compassion and kindness to help us learn and grow.

fdrcamb519
Spoiler

@gpixel wrote:

@fdrcamb519 sorry... my bad 😭

it was not you, no need to cry.

@fdrcamb519 sorry... my bad 😭

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

It's possible that the person did really provide the right answer to your question. However, granting solutions is voluntary, and any members who has asked a question in a new thread is free to grant the solution or not, within reason, to anyone who may have provided a helpful answer. I would suggest deleting the message if the message is unwelcomed. 

Public Mobile actually does send out e-mail reminders out to members asking them to select solutions, but choosing a solution is not mandatory.

Gunner123

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@fdrcamb519 wow that's desperate lol

Need Help? Let's chat.