cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle?

Kvee88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you become an oracle? What exactly is an oracle?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Murse20 wrote:

My assumption is by creating a community account and helping others on the forum with questions and issues. Do this enough times and eventually you can have the opportunity to become an oracle. 

So in early January 2019 a couple Oracles stepped down.
Then a couple weeks later some new Oracles were announced after community nominations were gathered.
Since then some of those and others have stepped down too.
But...no new Oracles since mid January 2019. A year and a half ago if you're struggling with the math 🙂 .
So who knows what really goes in Oracle world.

For the rest of us mere mortals...$15 is it and to keep it up every month if you want to stay there. It's a crap-load o' work to keep that level.

Murse20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My assumption is by creating a community account and helping others on the forum with questions and issues. Do this enough times and eventually you can have the opportunity to become an oracle. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kvee88 in short, super active users of PM with long history, participation, and helpfulness, and they are chosen by PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kvee88 wrote:

How do you become an oracle? What exactly is an oracle?

@Kvee88 oracles are a small group of customers that were hand-picked and invited by Public Mobile to be "super users" of sorts.  You can learn more about the program here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-oracle-program

EDIT: additional context:

- individuals are chosen based on a lengthy history of consistently helpful participation in the community forums and presumably other criteria (being polite and patient, etc.)

- oracles and retired oracles (such as myself) have a few additional permissions in the community, such as being able to move posts/threads when they would be better served in a different area.  For example, I moved this thread from The Lounge (which is for off-topic chat) to Community, which is for discussing the community forum.  

- oracles and retired oracles have NO ACCESS to your Public Mobile account or any sort of administrative abilities like that.  we cannot see your private info other than what you share publicly with all in the community.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.