cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marketing emails

lrcaron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just received an email from "heats" asking me to enter a contest for an iphone.  The link took me to a page asking for payment of $1.00 to enter the contest and subscribe to Influence credit.  After 3 days I would be charged $69 for this subscription.  Is this something that should be emailed from our community members?  It seems like telemarketing or soliciting to me.  I thought the community was for helping each other out.

11 REPLIES 11

I applied for it! I hope I win! 🥳

@LurganIeUk The grammar almost makes me contact them and offer my services for a fee lol. They are certainly not believable as is.

Me too at 4am. 

2717D343-04EF-4CBA-9BB3-056AFE846C67.jpeg

beakbird

Got the same from Alfalfas.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like spam. Baits like spam. Smells like spam. It is spam.

Don't bother clicking on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

People finding this thread and posting should be reporting the usernames to the moderator_team.

Don't click on links you don't know to trust...anywhere...anytime.

Funny how this obvious spam hasn't brought up the same feelings as the last one that was an innocuous little invitation but just as obvious.

treefarm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got same offer. Deleted it. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lrcaron  I received the same private message from "Hottie". First time I got one of those from here. I deleted as well.

lrcaron

Thanks so much.  I will do that!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@lrcaron I would ignore it and delete it.

EDIT:   I don't usually add to items to this extent, but the following is important:

Please don't click on any suspicious link as it could harm your device.

If you HAVE clicked on a phishing link:

1. Do not enter and data
  2. Disconnect from the internet
  3. Scan your device using an anti-virus/anti-malware software - do a full scan
  4. Change your passwords
  5. Make sure you've backed up your files somewhere safe.

@lrcaron wrote:

I just received an email from "heats" asking me to enter a contest for an iphone.  The link took me to a page asking for payment of $1.00 to enter the contest and subscribe to Influence credit.  After 3 days I would be charged $69 for this subscription.  Is this something that should be emailed from our community members?  It seems like telemarketing or soliciting to me.  I thought the community was for helping each other out.

You can report the member to the moderators. Also, if you click on the member's profile information, you can select the option to ignore this user.

Need Help? Let's chat.