cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Mod consider posting the latest system issue here?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Hi @J_PM  and @CS_Agent , 

Could PM be more transparent ?

Lately, there has been quiet some known system issues.   

For example, it was confirmed that some users have incoming calls issue in the Ottawa area last week.  Changing the network to  3G only seems to be the workaround.  It was an issue dragged on for a full week.  We got some information from other members here, not from PM , that it was an issue from infrastructure upgrade.  

Also, from time to time, we see there are days that activation delayed for whatever reason (today could be an example)  or other days for delay with porting request

I understand mod would have the first hand information.  Why can't a mod make as System Status post here so we all know?    Users could logon here, see the post and would not need to open a ticket with mod.  Or we could help answering the posts so mod could get less tickets.

Why can't PM start updating us here with the latest and accurate information? or PM rather hide it then admitting issues openly?? 

I understand some issues are minor enough and might have resolved within an hour or two, but the infrastructure issues last week was a great example of PM failed to informed us all.  It was a big enough issue and an issue dragged long enough, we all should have the information so we are prepared.  There were so many posts on the issue and I am not surprise there are more others affect but  they did not post here.    Some might have gone to another providers they don't know what happened, they thought missing calls is a norm to PM so they might have moved on.

Communication is the key, but the key might have lost somewhere...

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@softech  PM is a frustrating organization, and a real test of one's ability to remain calm when faced with absurdity. 🙏

@Luddite truer words have rarely been spoken.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

That is a real good idea!  I can check if and where our power is down. I can check status of Telus. So why not have a Sticky with general  current mobile service issues (affecting all or  specific area).

See here for Telus. https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

@softech wrote:

I read some old posts, look like when PM first started, they did a  wishlist to open for suggestion and I saw some wishes do get granted.   Just not sure if PM still have incentive at this point to improve the system or improve customer experience. 

I tagged Jade and Mod team in this post, of course I don't expect they come back saying it will be implement next week.  But I didn't even see a reply saying Noted and  they will direct my suggestion to the proper group or so.. a bit discouraged.

@softech  PM is a frustrating organization, and a real test of one's ability to remain calm when faced with absurdity. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

is that list more magical?  How many wishes granted from that list?  LoL

I read some old posts, look like when PM first started, they did a  wishlist to open for suggestion and I saw some wishes do get granted.   Just not sure if PM still have incentive at this point to improve the system or improve customer experience. 

I tagged Jade and Mod team in this post, of course I don't expect they come back saying it will be implement next week.  But I didn't even see a reply saying Noted and  they will direct my suggestion to the proper group or so.. a bit discouraged.

PM has a hierarchy. Their employees on the front-line customer interface are likely not able to (are likely locked out of) policy/procedure edits and strategic decisions. And they're likely also limited by whatever technical directives/obstructions the Telus executives have decided to install.

I don't think feedback gets much attention unless it's actively solicited.

I don't think problems get much attention until the sheer number of complaints escalates their priority.

@softech  Just remembered that Moderators are not permitted to post such information. All official pronouncements can only originate with a member of the PM marketing team and, hence, never on weekends.

Based on my observations, I assume the procedure is something like: Community members report apparent problem >>> moderators tell PM team >>> PM team reviews issue >> PM reviews potential announcement with Telus >> PM Community lead posts announcement.

.. i understand.. as I posted in my other thread about an article from La Presse

"If you pay less for a service, we're not going to invest as much in the system. We are not going to put millions in there when we have customers who pay $5, $10 or $15 a month and it is not profitable. In the end, it is a private company. That's word for word what Annie Montplaisir was answered by a telus privacy officer last March,

LoL

@softech  Keep asking but try to avoid being frustrated with no response. 

william windmills.jpeg

yes.. that's my ask..I think they should consider a post with current known issue and ETA and pinned to the top ..easy for everyone .. and easy for PM "Tier 1" crew  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Communication IS key, especially on a platform such as this.

The Community is set up in such a way that "us Community members" are Tier 1 of customer service, in a certain way.

Why not post notices where customers are Informed of certain situations that are happening?

Need Help? Let's chat.