cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Wonky notifications

I read that something was up with the notifications but why am I getting ones chronologically all over the place? Some are two weeks old, some a week, some 4 hours all mixed up with current ones. Pretty sure there isnt a random button in my settings.

What's with the multiple threads with the same answer from @popping under the navigate the community title?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Wonky notifications

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Why don't you quote me quoting you and then I can give you the solution....

@darlicious 

I don't recall seeing notifications mixed up. Just posts in threads.

But if you like, 7:35pm will do on that.

@darlicious : click the link under the time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe their experimenting with a new notification script on their back end

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Helpershelper 

The times are off as well....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Here's your solution to my question.....

Re: Overwhelmed
@CFPartDeux wrote:

Hmmm, seems like something else has been messed with around here - my reply from 2 mins. ago is showing up ahead of your reply from 56 mins. ago...... 😮

@CFPartDeux 

Some switch was flipped in the system earlier today. Go to My settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and choose Oldest first. Then it'll be back to what it has been all along.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone else getting wonky notifications or is this limited to a few?

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Here's your solution to my question.....

Re: Overwhelmed
@CFPartDeux wrote:

Hmmm, seems like something else has been messed with around here - my reply from 2 mins. ago is showing up ahead of your reply from 56 mins. ago...... 😮

@CFPartDeux 

Some switch was flipped in the system earlier today. Go to My settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and choose Oldest first. Then it'll be back to what it has been all along.

I was going to ask whether you broke the hamster wheel.  All difficult problems have a simple resolution.  😛

BTW, I am on default setting.  Seems fine.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : I'm not talking about notifications. I wasn't in that thread.

I'm talking about the mixed order of posts in a thread. That seemed to have changed today. Replies to a post earlier in a thread were showing after the post it replied to. Not chronologically as it has been for as long as I've been here.

So I changed my settings to Oldest first and that fixed it to list in chronological order. The default is thread order which apparently places replies after the post it replied to. I hadn't changed anything before that. Something got changed in the background.

@will13am : if you reply to a post earlier in a thread then look at the thread again, your reply would be after the post you replied to. Not at the end.

Several people have been observing this.

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

I'm talking about the mixed order of posts in a thread. That seemed to have changed today. Replies to a post earlier in a thread were showing after the post it replied to. Not chronologically as it has been for as long as I've been here.

So I changed my settings to Oldest first and that fixed it to list in chronological order. The default is thread order which apparently places replies after the post it replied to. I hadn't changed anything before that. Something got changed in the background.

@will13am : if you reply to a post earlier in a thread then look at the thread again, your reply would be after the post you replied to. Not at the end.

I am not seeing any weirdness here.  Oops, I spoke too soon.  The hamster wheel is broken.  

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

I am not seeing any weirdness here.  

I'm seen in in a few threads, but most are fine.  If I log out and look around, messages are over the place in random order.

Highlighted
Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

I am not seeing any weirdness here.  

I'm seen in in a few threads, but most are fine.  If I log out and look around, messages are over the place in random order.

Fixed through settings change as recommended by darlicious.  

Need Help? Let's chat.