cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Tsawwassen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is this forum not safe and secure?

I am now dreading having signed up to this forum because I keep on getting questionable texts and messages from various other members such as Ducks. and others the names of which I forgot. Don't know if offers are legitimate or scam - offers such as free Netflix accounts, free iPhones, free data etc.  It is one thing if this forum has scam members but when they are able to get my cell number and also texting me is of concern - especially since I like many other have credit cards and other financial on my phone. 


Accepted Solutions
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

@Tsawwassen 

Dont be discouraged because of this one determined spammer. This is unusual it rarely happens and pm is working on getting this person. Instead go into your profile and explore your options. I have all email notifications turned off so nothing from the community forum gets sent to me. I know to just check in if im ecpecting a message from the moderators. Your community account is the only way to access customer service.

View solution in original post


All Replies

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?


@Tsawwassen wrote:

I am now dreading having signed up to this forum because I keep on getting questionable texts and messages from various other members such as Ducks. and others the names of which I forgot. Don't know if offers are legitimate or scam - offers such as free Netflix accounts, free iPhones, free data etc.  It is one thing if this forum has scam members but when they are able to get my cell number and also texting me is of concern - especially since I like many other have credit cards and other financial on my phone. 


There is an option to disable the private messaging feature, but remember to re-enable it if you ever need to talk to the moderarors.

Tsawwassen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

Here is yet another scam or is he legit - how is one to tell?

Stinkerlz

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?


@Tsawwassen wrote:

Here is yet another scam or is he legit - how is one to tell?

Stinkerlz


If the Community private mesaage is from any username that doesn't have "MOD" or "PM" next to the username, then the message is not from Public Mobile.

Tsawwassen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

Oh man !!!!! Just got another one. Blink and it is gone! The best reward offer for you! Today is your lucky day! Pick up bonuses!

 

Is this legit or not - who knows? I would have thought that PM being part of Telus would have some computer science graduates in their staff that could make this site secure.

Tsawwassen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

Thanks but I will cut and paste a private message that seems legit that doesn't have the "MOD" or "PM" 

 

Congratulations, Tsawwassen!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The Community Team
Tsawwassen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

Thanks for your patience with me - one last question -- is there a way to delete my Community account ?

 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

@Tsawwassen 

Are you getting direct text messages from the spammer or via your email?

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?


@Tsawwassen wrote:

Thanks for your patience with me - one last question -- is there a way to delete my Community account ?

 


The Community rank message isn't a private message but rather a notification. That is real.

 

You can turn off all e-mail notices if you wish. You can then decide if you wish to continue logging in to this site.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Why is this forum not safe and secure?

@Tsawwassen 

That latest message is legit. If you keep posting you will get several from the forum administrators. They will congratulate you on topics started, bravos recieved or given and new rankings.

 

The latest spammer has mostly used names ending in "z".

Need Help? Let's chat.