cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the community discussion

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

With a new set of guidelines that are easy to follow and two revamped boards that can adequately handle the appropriate discussions that are related to public mobile.....hopefully this will allieviate the long discussions over what belongs where.... community questions go here....if its about your phone service (public mobiles of course!) It goes in Using your service  board....and Every thing else hangs out in the lounge. I'm very happy with these changes!

24 REPLIES 24

I suppose @treefrog could change the title of the thread now?

@Anonymous 

Oops my bad....i tagged you for reference. Apologies......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maximum_gato wrote:

@computergeek541 

I don't disagree with your decision....i just needed some clarification which you have provided. Thank you.

Then why fight about it with exclamations and all. I said my thing in my post. That was that. I moved on.

@computergeek541 

I don't disagree with your decision....i just needed some clarification which you have provided. Thank you.

@maximum_gato 

A thread being in The Lounge does not prevent meaniningful discussion. All thread subscriptions and member tagging remains intact.

With this category revamp and Commumity re-organization, such a thread no longer belongs in any of the main forum categories.  The discussion isn't about the member using the Public Mobile service is any way. Previously, the Discussion catgeory may have applied, but that category's name and explanation was changed.  With the annoucement of new categories and new category descriptions, it was stated that eveything else belongs in The Lounge.

If you feel that my decision is incorrect, you are free to discuss with Catherine, but as it stands, the main difference is The Lounge not counting for rewards. The amount of help that the member can get with this thread being in The Lounge is identical to any other user-accessible category, although even in that thread, it has been discussed that the issue can only be fixed by Chatr.

@computergeek541 

I understand that the OP in that thread is a chatr customer and ultimately it will be their customer support that resolves the issue. However the thread does relate to public mobile, mobile providers and service and the OP is seeking advice from the community. Would the OP not be better served somewhere other than the lounge? Especially if they are considering changing providers after this experience? For reference I'm going by........

Categorize your post accordingly

Whether you have a question about your PM service, the Community itself, or your device, the Community is a great place to learn more. Try to place your question in the most relevant board so it can be easily found by others who have a similar question. Add tags to your post too to be a true Community superstar. Try to keep support-related threads on topic. Want to have an off-topic discussion about something else? The Lounge is the best spot for that. 

Ultimately where posts/threads are moved to is left to oracles and retired oracles but sometimes with a serious enough issue the support needed and educational value to community members should outweigh a strict public mobile only support  provision.

Did I miss that provision? I'm assuming there's been an edict requiring all other posts that mention or include a component with another mobile provider are to be removed from the main forum and put in the lounge? Just so I know for future reference......(Thx!)

@maximum_gato 

The thread in question was moved to The Lounge becaue the content does not relate to a Public Mobile service issue.

As this person is a Chatr subscriber, and the number has seemingly been ported to Public Mobile unknowingly, the customer must have Chatr customer service fix this issue. No one is stopping anyone from talking about the subject, but Chatr support would be the ones to handle this.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/My-chatr-number-got-transferred-to-public-...

FRAUDULENT PORTS/SIMJACKING

A very serious issue and while it's happening for the victim they often turn to the community for help.....whether or not they understand what is actually going on with their service quick action is key to preventing or minimizing any financial losses. Where does a possible simjacking thread belong? As mentioned by @Anonymous  in the above thread that was dumped in the lounge. Do only pm customers getting simjacked deserve support in one of the main forums? How is the OP to get help and help fast down in the lounge.....thats for off topic socializing threads? Sorry that someone stole your phone number and ported it to public mobile...while theyre cleaning out your bank account you can lounge around waiting for some kind of help because we only pm customers!!

Obviously no matter what provider the OP may be with.....theyve turned to pm's community for help because they get dedicated support for their issue that they are not getting from their own provider......that goes a long way in gaining the trust of a possible new customer. The thread fits all th criteria of belonging in some other board on the main forum. It's an important public service message to all members and users of the community. We recieve a couple of these posts every month and the victims/posters invariably leave educated  on the issue, armed with a wealth of good advice and more than a few members learn valuable lessons on protecting themselves from this happening. Just where do these threads belong?

At the very least it should be here in the community where the OP can get the help they need!!**

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

Your opinion is welcome here as is everyone's....and please feel free to start a new thread with a subject about the the community you feel should be discussed. Over eight hours has passed since the new board was created and no one else has tested the waters yet. As i said  previously...given the thread that was moved into the board to begin with and now archived i felt something should be started for other members to be encouraged by to start/ask a question and post.

I'm just the type of personality to get up at wedding to the middle of an empty dance floor with all eyes upon me and launch into an Elaine inspired dance to break the ice, get a laugh and have the dance floor a flurry of activity by the time the songs over because everyone else is too shy or embarrassed to be the first one to start something.......BTW I'm pretty the cool people like the Fonz keeps his comb in his back pocket.....tangle free from splitting hairs.

My view has always been and still is that this community is pretty much a place to give and get help.  So I am going to play the guy that sit at the back of the room hoping that there is enough lubricant to ease the inhibitions much later into the night.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious totally agree with you. Hopefully we can point new members in this direction I can see @computergeek541 is already assisting in this matter, so thank you for that. 

@zblackma 

Hahaha - That's fair.  The moving threads would just be because I've been a little more active than usual lately.  There will be times that I can read a thread wrong and think that it's about one thing but really about another.  There are other times that it's obvious that something such as not being able to receive phone calls doesn't belong in Rewards.

Previously, I believe that the Discussion section was almost seen as a category that was for a thread that was an exception, or evem almost off-topic.

I believe that then led to members who weren't with account setup questions or who weren't new customers with a service issue not knowing where to post as sometimes, none of category descriptions sounded just right.   

@yanzhiqiang 

Absolutely....if it's something specific you can start your own thread by asking your question. If it's just a comment or something simple you can ask it in this thread.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We can talk about everything relate to PM community here?

@will13am 

Your opinion is welcome here as is everyone's....and please feel free to start a new thread with a subject about the the community you feel should be discussed. Over eight hours has passed since the new board was created and no one else has tested the waters yet. As i said  previously...given the thread that was moved into the board to begin with and now archived i felt something should be started for other members to be encouraged by to start/ask a question and post.

I'm just the type of personality to get up at wedding to the middle of an empty dance floor with all eyes upon me and launch into an Elaine inspired dance to break the ice, get a laugh and have the dance floor a flurry of activity by the time the songs over because everyone else is too shy or embarrassed to be the first one to start something.......BTW I'm pretty the cool people like the Fonz keeps his comb in his back pocket.....tangle free from splitting hairs.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This forum would be off to a much better start with finding topics of common interests to discuss rather than going over community code of conduct with a fine tooth comb.  

@ShawnC13 

Given what thread was placed here and started the board off after Tiana's post was the complete opposite of what we want going forward I thought it was appropriate to at least give an example of what could/should be posted on the new board. We can lead by example and show how to have a constructive discussion....without comments that lead to hurt feelings, persecution or being singled out. If we give members an opportunity to express themselves....test the waters ...where they can recieve guidance, constructive criticism or praise without starting a new thread for the simple questions it will lead to better threads/posts that contain quality content rather than some of the frivolous threads started that led to extraneous solutions for the quickest reply. Just one big thread with no solution for anyone but hopefully an interesting read with general knowledge and advice for new members to learn about.....

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

We were already given the descriptions of the new areas and what they were for.  Not sure this thread even was needed.  This actually shows there is still work to be done as the community evolves.

@ShawnC13  here we go again @darlicious be careful what you say it still doesn't seem like opinions are welcome lol

@RossN, not at all, but to start a thread that just tells people what the area is for seems a little rediculous especially when it was made clear in the announcement thread.  @darlicious and I may see some things differently but we can get through those issues and can still post freely.

@ShawnC13  as per @will13am post in Tiana's announcement thread.....

Oracle
Re: Community Terms of Service & New Community Guidelines

@Tiana_V , great to see the terms and guidelines finally being published.  I suggest this thread be locked so as to mitigate any possibilities of long drawn out discussions and arguments over what is right and what needs tweaking.  This is not the place to debate.  Members can sleep on it for a while and initiate separate discussions.  

I'm trying to people please here....and not upset the apple cart. Provide a thread to discuss any concerns or questions anyone might have given the new guidelines. An open conversation so that the community can collaborate on moving forward.....leave any of our differences in the past. Foster community discussions that are helpful, kind and free from sarcasm or underhanded comments that have previously fueled the the derisive debates of the past. Onward and upward..... everyones opinion is welcomed as long as we respect one another.......  like ourselves when we respectively agree to disagree!

zblackma

Its a nice idea made a little redundant by the retirement of @computergeek541 .  Being a one man thread moving machine. Placing the wrongly posted threads into the correct sections. 

@RossN wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

We were already given the descriptions of the new areas and what they were for.  Not sure this thread even was needed.  This actually shows there is still work to be done as the community evolves.

@ShawnC13  here we go again @darlicious be careful what you say it still doesn't seem like opinions are welcome lol

@RossN, not at all, but to start a thread that just tells people what the area is for seems a little rediculous especially when it was made clear in the announcement thread.  @darlicious and I may see some things differently but we can get through those issues and can still post freely.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

fdrcamb519

@darlicious 

I agree it’s about handling phone service questions, appropriate discussions that are related to public mobile, not a chat room, or Facebook platform. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious Yes, PM does a good job with improving the service and site!

Need Help? Let's chat.