cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Community's Public Mobile Wishlist

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

We all have our wants and needs that we expect from public mobile and from time to time they make an announcement and ask for our imput. It then gets buried in the announcement board until the next time they make an announcement. Thanks to @gancanny posting his question today i thought that having a running thread of members wishes for their service maybe pm's @Alan_K and @Catherine_T can check in on it every once in awhile and see what wishes are actually feasible and cost effective and implement them. You never know your wish may come true! I know under @Tiana_V  time at public mobile ive had a couple of my wishes come true!

A few suggestions when posting your wish.......

1. Avoid repetitive wishes if its already been posted or elaborate on it. How can it be implemented? Cost savings? Examples of it in other platforms?
  2. Bravo the suggestions you agree with or think are practical or useful for the many.
  3. Keep your wish in the realm of possibilities.....weve all heard those who want unlimited data throttled to 128kbps but that just isnt going to happen here anytime soon......

Go ahead throw your penny in the fountain......and happy wishing! Maybe yours will come true...

129 REPLIES 129

@Korth apparently public is supposed to have some "super" promo plans coming soon. and black Friday, cyber monday and Christmas freebies?/promos

@darlicious wrote:

What happened to the new and exciting marketing promotions we heard about in spring?

Every promotion is going to be announced as "new and exciting". Nobody ever advertises their product as "tired and boring" unless they're trying to actively discourage buyer interest.

And the promos are indeed usually (though not always) good enough deals to attract the new customers they're targeting. They're not really meant to excite us old and jaded customers who've already seen better deals come and go.

@maximum_gato 

Well max im starting to wish they hadnt mucked around with the plans . Public mobile is starting to look tired. What happened to the new and exciting marketing promotions we heard about in spring? We haven't had a contest in ages....we might as well call it Boring Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

He?!!! Unless you're referring to max my cat who was a he but since i make no secret of my back up account for my back up phone but He?!!!

@treefrog 

I'm definitely a she....max was a he......and im just giving my "bro" a hard time.....lol

lol I did that for fun. Nor have you made any secret of what you seem to identify as. I know of a couple other people here that would too but I still go by the old-school, general "he" to protect that since they don't advertize it.

I haven't caught on to the new-fangled use of they in some uses. It feels right in some uses but not in others. Unless someone specifically says they prefer to be referred to as they, I will continue to use the old-school he when their identity is hidden like in a place like this. I have, on occasion, used she when a username is clearly indicating a typically she name. Not Pat 🙂

@Anonymous 

He?!!! Unless you're referring to max my cat who was a he but since i make no secret of my back up account for my back up phone but He?!!!

@treefrog 

I'm definitely a she....max was a he......and im just giving my "bro" a hard time.....lol

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous 

Oh okay thanks I hadn't put two and two together I guess I'm not on that often to have figured that out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@treefrog 

So you're aware, this is not any kind of official thread made by the company. It was started by the same person who has a couple known accounts: darlicious and maximum_gato. He has made no secret of this.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious 

Here you go.....i wish Public Mobile would make the $30 / 2 GB plan a permanent one. I'm sure there be many people switching up to it from the $25 plan. It's just about the amount of data I use every month and I'm on the $40 plan on a promo so it would be a natural progression for me to choose it.

Shouldn't I be addressing this to @maximum_gato ? I'm confused?

Samson123x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

WiFi calling and txt should be available, whether that be available on certain plans or a add on feature 

@Anonymous 

Take it as a compliment, always. 😋

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

@Anonymous 

You're not cynical and stubborn at all. You just have a tenacious perspective and an indomitable will.

I'm not sure how to take this... 🙂

@Anonymous 

You're not cynical and stubborn at all. You just have a tenacious perspective and an indomitable will.

In this case, when one dial *611 only general account information is provided, this helps our customers who may have forgotten their PIN to make simple changes. This also may help our sales associates at retail locations provide further assistance to our customers' before making any actual changes to the account.

no personal information is disclosed through the *611, just general information which in of itself would be insufficient to complete any form of verification with the moderator team and the PIN would absolutely be needed to make any changes. The account will remain safe.

@Jb456 

Ohhhhhhhh......ok that's not good.Duh?!!! I was thinking it was a little strange to be asking for the account number.

@darlicious  account phone number not your account number..you dial 1-855-4public. Press 2 for English. Type your cell number with PM and pound # button. You're in your account from any phone/number.

@Jb456 

My bad....ill just blame it on max not keeping me up to date! I guess I've seen you mention it so many times I thought it was one of your wishes. And I agree it's weird it doesn't have a pin # but if they are asking for your account '# to access that jnformation its almost as good as if not better. But even i dont know my account number wthout accessing my account. But now at least your  credit card is a little safer.

@gpixel  he's away this weekend should be back online tomorrow

where is our MVP @gblackma ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous the point is no one should be able to access my account if it's not me calling from my cell phone. I don't want someone in Pakistan being able to hear anything about my PM account regardless of what they can do or not do. 

PM system should be asking for the PIN before anything if a different number is being called other than the PM account holders number.

Ok. That's your suggestion. I was just pointing out that the toll free does now have the PIN for making payment card payments. That's the new thing.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous the point is no one should be able to access my account if it's not me calling from my cell phone. I don't want someone in Pakistan being able to hear anything about my PM account regardless of what they can do or not do. 

PM system should be asking for the PIN before anything if a different number is being called other than the PM account holders number.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:
It that what made them get rid of all their LTE plans, to get rid of the "empty" space?

Absolutely.

Assuming that Public Mobile is a business making business decisions, as most people here do. But also assuming that Public Mobile is in many ways not a business itself but merely a department owned and operated by a larger business.

The carriers don't have infinite funds to deploy and operate infinite hardware with infinite coverage and infinite data.

The decision was made to no longer offer LTE.

Maybe it's a balance of LTE costs to operator vs LTE revenues from customers, a lot of people always demand it but perhaps not enough actually paying for it to be profitable. It could genuinely cost PM too much to be sustainable business practice.

Maybe it's controlled scarcity, intentionally limited (or denied) at third-tier so first- and second-tier attract more customers. Telus would prefer to be paid $60 than $40 for providing your service, yes? Not in their best interests to cannibalize their own market or to de-value their own commodity. 

Maybe it's a an experiment. Or even a bona-fide blunder. But I think not since many people complain and some leave and most stay and more always come. PM has consistently lowest prices in town, no argument, but those savings must come at a price, from us to them, from them to us.

I 100% agree the pin needs to be entered before any information is shared for that number. this is a security flaw...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

I just check and that is not fixed. Dial 1-855-4Public from any other number (you can use textnow app) then system will ask for your PM account number and you'll be able to get right in without being asked your PIN.

If you proceed through selecting paying by card then it will ask for your PIN.

It asks for the PIN for every choice except voucher and balance (which it gives up front anyway).

@darlicious  that has never been on my wishlist so not sure why I'm being tagged.

I have mentioned in the past and even started a thread which PM completely deleted mentioning PM should be asking for the users PIN before accessing their account from another phone number.

I just check and that is not fixed. Dial 1-855-4Public from any other number (you can use textnow app) then system will ask for your PM account number and you'll be able to get right in without being asked your PIN.

Which technically is a security breach. I know can't do much in someone's account but buy add-ons, remove autopay, hear balance. However it makes me wonder if someone attempting to do a sim jack would be able to use the info they get from the system to help them contact the moderators and saying I forgot my email and password here's my number heres my account balance, here's my next payment due date blah blah blah. .

Only when you select option 3 to hear about your data and add-on usage then the system asks for your pin. Haven't tried the other options make a payment or buy and add-on but I think before the system even lets you get into your account from another number it should be asking for your PIN before anything. 

why not just upgrade to Koodo or Telus if you want full LTE. I would rather have lower prices than full speed LTE...

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Hmmm....you said in the freebie thread two accounts one got the offer the other didn't. Are they both active? If not did you reactivate one and still didn't get the offer?

Both active the whole time. My third dormant account is coming up on 90 days but I don't really care if it doesn't get it. And the broadcast is probably done now so that ship has probably sailed.

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Of the 9 accounts I actively manage every single one has gotten one of the two offers. There's only been a handful of customers (including yourself) that haven't gotten the offer as was the case with the targeted $35/3gb in the spring. Those customers that contacted the moderators that met the conditions then received the text offer. But if you only look at your glass half full it will remain that way.....

Just FYI, I manage 5 accounts (was as high as 14 at one point...but I digress)... 2 were active at the time. None received ANY offers. 😕

@Korth wrote:

Some see the glass half-empty. Some see the glass half-full.

But I'm an engineer. I see the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

PM and Telus have the technical capacity to fulfill all our "reasonable" wishes. They simply choose not to - and they are still in business while others have failed, their prices are consistently just as low as their third-tier "competitors", so even if we don't agree with all of PM's choices they have arguably still made (mostly) good choices.

It that what made them get rid of all their LTE plans, to get rid of the "empty" space?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pm-smayer97 Yeah that MAY happen with 5G rolling out. But I wouldn't expect that to happen untill sometime next year. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@treefrog the only reason it's for Quebec is due to a provider here in the area called Fizz who's under another provider called Videotron. They use Rogers network

Anyways Fizz started offering 2 gigs for $32. So Public Mobile changed the plan for QC to compete with them.

Screenshot_20200730_152444.jpg

BUT Fizz is LTE, NOT 3G.... PM please bring back LTE.

@treefrog wrote:

I wish i could get the quebec plan i read about today. Although im on a promo right now giving me 5gb for $30 when it runs out i could probably do ok with only 2gb for $30. But i wouldnt pay $35 for 2gb just to save $5. I'd be better off staying where i am! Maybe it should look like this: $25/1gb  $30/2gb  $35/3gb and then $40/5gb still the best value along with $50/8.5gb but it would make more sense!

BUT make it LTE....Fizz can...

Need Help? Let's chat.