cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Telus spam emails..?

chaywood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still want to receive emails that pertain specifically to my account with Public Mobile but I hate getting the spam advertising from Telus.
Is there a way to unsubscribe from the Telus spam without globally unsubscribing from all Public Mobile messages?

13 REPLIES 13

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@chaywood wrote:

I still want to receive emails that pertain specifically to my account with Public Mobile but I hate getting the spam advertising from Telus.
Is there a way to unsubscribe from the Telus spam without globally unsubscribing from all Public Mobile messages?

Both my wife and I have PM and we are also on Telus internet and email.  Although I signed up to PM for receiving information etc....I have never received an email from PM ever!! But for the last couple of months my wife has received SPAM emails of all different types but all based out of Florida. She never opens them OR opens any of the URLS in them. I had put up numerous filters to direct it all to her SPAM folder but they kept changing them so the filter would not work. Then they all quit coming. I still check the Telus server email for her and nothing is in the SPAM. She was receiving 7 or 8 per day!!!

And we never get any emails from Telus either, other than letting my know that my statement is ready. And if we did I would have unsubscribed from them. At a certain point when all emails are of no value.....I will stop them by unsubscribe or put a filter on them to go to SPAM folder or a straight DELETE. 

What email are you using??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harleen wrote:

PM never sends emails. it's been two years I am Pm

I posted earlier in this thread. They send emails. I've been here a little more than two years.

@harleen wrote:

PM never sends emails. it's been two years I am Pm I only received a text from pM about the rewards I am receiving and other than that I receive texts to confirm autopayment, that's it.....you better put those fraud emails in the spam box and even those emails are from Telus then at the end of the email there will have the option to unsubscribe it. 

if u wanna know about offers and deals PM offers, ask in the community or you can log in to your account and u will see offers that PM offers...

It's not never that Public Mobile sends e-mail messages, although I'll admit that it's very rare. New customers usually receive a few shortly after signup asking for survey participating and another message advertising the autopay feature.  As for the messages from Telus, anyone is free to block the address. I've never receive any automated messages from Public or Telus that I've ever wanted.

harleen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM never sends emails. it's been two years I am Pm I only received a text from pM about the rewards I am receiving and other than that I receive texts to confirm autopayment, that's it.....you better put those fraud emails in the spam box and even those emails are from Telus then at the end of the email there will have the option to unsubscribe it. 

if u wanna know about offers and deals PM offers, ask in the community or you can log in to your account and u will see offers that PM offers...

@RosieR

That reminds me....i have to pay my telus bill! I need to get them back to sending me a paper bill thats my reminder...open the bill, check it over for mistakes or sneaky notices saying they are raising your bill in two months by $5. If it's all in order I go pay it. I don't even noticed the e-bill.....

thanks so much @JoyLuck 🌹

@RosieR wrote:

I just checked my email... no email from Telus.  I feel overlooked.  😭

Here are some screen grabs of it. 

798E63E0-25D4-431E-B7E9-8BF19D171DCC.pngFC67C6B9-5809-4AF1-B452-5B0227DA8F2C.pngDA18199B-FD8D-4E17-BE71-1778F1D05649.png36E5C675-AE21-4B47-BD44-8CEAA645A782.png164F1703-3D9F-4D4E-B019-F379FFB0E1A5.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Public Mobile, very rarely if ever, sends e-mail messages to customers.  Other than the odd survey or Koodo migration offer, I have never received any e-mail messages from Public Mobile. And, when it comes to messages about your account, Public Mobile does not usually contact customers by e-mail. This is almost always done by text message.

This is from this year on my main account. And the most recent one today up top.

emails.JPG

I've never unsubscribed to anything from the Telus family. I almost always don't check a box or uncheck a box to want whatever emails. ie. no thanks. I guess something slipped by somewhere.

But these things don't bother me either.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

I just checked my email... no email from Telus.  I feel overlooked.  😭

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would suggest marking emails as spam rather than unsubscribing.  The thing Public Mobile related emails (those from Telus are included) is that if you unsubscribe to one, you unsubscribe to everything.  There are valid emails sometimes.  Sending them to spam will at least declutter the inbox but still leave the option to review the junk.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chaywood wrote:

@chaywood , when you open up a Telus email, find the "unsubscribe" link (usually near the bottom). When you click on it, does it give you an option of different areas to unsubscribe to, where you can pick and choose what you get emails for?

Some  companies have this option within the subscribing area.

@chaywood wrote:

Public Mobile, very rarely if ever, sends e-mail messages to customers.  Other than the odd survey or Koodo migration offer, I have never received any e-mail messages from Public Mobile. And, when it comes to messages about your account, Public Mobile does not usually contact customers by e-mail. This is almost always done by text message.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@chaywood wrote:

@chaywood That was the first email I have ever received from them in 15 months or so of being with PM. If need be mark it as spam and future emails will go straight to the spam folder.

Need Help? Let's chat.