cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Spam messages?

Is anyone getting spam messages through their Public Mobile account? I've received a number of them over the past three months. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
dabr
Mayor / Maire

Re: Spam messages?

@Sile wrote:

Is anyone getting spam messages through their Public Mobile account? I've received a number of them over the past three months. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it?

@Sile   If you're asking about spam message in your private message, then yes it's been a problem, on and off, for the last few months.  Just open the message (don't click on any links) and bottom left will be a Report button and click that, then click the Ignore button (top of message I think) then delete message. 

PM is aware of this problem but these scammers keep changing usernames.

View solution in original post

All Replies
JK8
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sile wrote:

Open the message up and click on the Report link. Then delete the message. Spam does happen in this community.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sile wrote:

@Sile   If you're asking about spam message in your private message, then yes it's been a problem, on and off, for the last few months.  Just open the message (don't click on any links) and bottom left will be a Report button and click that, then click the Ignore button (top of message I think) then delete message. 

PM is aware of this problem but these scammers keep changing usernames.

View solution in original post

@Sile wrote:

Do you mean in your Community inbox?  If so, the only way for you to prevent it is to disable the private messenging feature. However, you'll need to remember to turn it back on before submitting any ticket to customer service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The moderators are aware of it.

Hey Community,

We’ve heard that some of you have received spam in your Private Message folder on the Community. The team has put great effort into filtering out spam messages, but in the case you do receive one, here’s what to do:

1. DO NOT click on any links within the message

2. Report the message

Triguy_0-1613682638658.png

3. Delete the message

Note that you do not need to submit a ticket. Our Moderator team will be taking immediate action and banning users sending the spam messages upon reporting.

Your safety and security is top priority for us. We are investigating additional ways to help limit these instances. Please help us by staying vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity on the Community. 

- The Public Mobile Team

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sile wrote:

Please read this article/thread from Public Mobile for details - it also contains lots of useful feedback from users, just like you:

What to do with spam in your Private Message folde... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Sile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

stevenanto
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

actually just got one few days ago in my private messages. nothing more to do than report and delete. 

Need Help? Let's chat.