cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Message

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Warning and Heads up - Received Spam Message.

Note to others...do not click on any links:

• Delete
  • GOODBYE

macsal_0-1613560090209.png

4 REPLIES 4

toa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the exact message too, didn't even read it (it lost its purpose😂) after seeing the URL posted is not related to publicmobile.ca, deleted it right away.  I reported to moderator, they're aware and looking into it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The moderators are aware of it.

Hey Community,

We’ve heard that some of you have received spam in your Private Message folder on the Community. The team has put great effort into filtering out spam messages, but in the case you do receive one, here’s what to do:

1. DO NOT click on any links within the message

2. Report the message

Triguy_0-1613563211120.png

3. Delete the message

Note that you do not need to submit a ticket. Our Moderator team will be taking immediate action and banning users sending the spam messages upon reporting.

Your safety and security is top priority for us. We are investigating additional ways to help limit these instances. Please help us by staying vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity on the Community. 

- The Public Mobile Team

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, I got that too.  Just click Report to report to Mod, Click Ignore and then Delete

I got couple around Christmas/New Year time, quiet for awhile and got this again

PM should do something to limit new accounts for private message.. or deny mass Private Message altogether, I think

yulaiya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I just got a different one about making money from a username called Ninjaz. I reported it to the Moderators and deleted it. This seems to be happening more frequently? Very disturbing! 

Need Help? Let's chat.