cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Community Chats

roxanneSC2020
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello community fellows !

I am wondering if there is a way to save chats that I find valuable so I can use as a reference when needed at a later time??

Merci !

20 REPLIES 20

@roxanneSC2020 

We can all hope to be as knowledgeable as @Jb456  but he is just a wealth of information. The gift that just keeps on giving....thus his avatar.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

I believe tags are just for making it easier for people to search that topic.

The easiest way to save threads you like is by adding it to your bookmarks on whatever browser you use.

Tags make it easier for people to search for the topic. The author or "tagger" is included in these searching people.

I prefer bookmarks/favorites, too. They aren't attached to my profile (and aren't visible to the public). The flipside is that they are stored in the local browser, they aren't accessible on other machines or in other browsers. (Unless you migrate your data around or store it on a cloud account which recognizes your login anywhere on any machine, which I don't. Or unless you implement a working backup strategy, which I do.)

roxanneSC2020

@Jb456 

Ahhhh yes that does make sense ... I better start getting involved in other's threads and not just write my own .. haha

I hope to be as knowledgeable as you in a year !! 😄

Thank you a bunch !!

@roxanneSC2020  I think I figured out your subscriptions.

I went and looked at all your posts. All posts you have made are all on topics you have started. 

If you post on someone else's thread then you get subscribed to that thread.

You can consider going into you settings and turning off "email notification" because you would get tons of emails for everyone else writing on the topic. However due note - turning off that email option you may not get important emails if you ever write to a moderator and they write back to you. You'd have to log into the forums to check your notifications.

You can also unsubscribe from threads so you don't get notified.

@roxanneSC2020 

I think that for Subscriptions to show up you need to make a post to the thread you are interested in? @Jb456 Would that be it?

roxanneSC2020

@Jb456 Amazing .. you are being sooooo helpful !!!

@roxanneSC2020  yes everyone sees your tags. It displays in your public profile when we click your badge.

Screenshot_20201014_200743.jpg

roxanneSC2020

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.06.09 pm.png

@roxanneSC2020 just a quick correction.  Don't click your badge in a post.

Click the badge top right next to your envelope.

roxanneSC2020

@Jb456 ... hmmm.... you may be right here .. I will start adding them to my browser bookmarks as well and see what comes out of each in the near future 🙂

So does that mean everyone in the community get to see my tags? Or you just ment that it will show up closer to the top when other members look up chats about a similar subject?

@JoyLuck maybe not clicking to her profile settings?

@roxanneSC2020  you have to click your badge. Your badge is the red leaf.

What happens when you click your badge?

@roxanneSC2020 wrote:

@JoyLuck ,

Hey wait ... I don't have the "Subscription" option ....?

@Jb456 Do you know why @roxanneSC2020 cannot see this?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@roxanneSC2020  I may have understood your post wrong then I apologize. 

I read it as "you like this thread and want to be able to get back to it quickly in the future if you need to"... Which the quickest way would be to just add it to your browser bookmarks.

When you add tags it will help bring a thread up in the search feature on there website. 

Screenshot_20201014_195434.jpg

roxanneSC2020

@JoyLuck ,

Hey wait ... I don't have the "Subscription" option ....?

roxanneSC2020

@Jb456 

Thank you for making the time to reply.

I think the tags are what I was looking for. This way I can save the answers to my questions from the community to be able to help out other members down the road. It should make it easier for me to find them again, especially if it's not something I use regularly or if I myself need a reminder.

🙂

roxanneSC2020

Wow, this is amazing !! I like this. I will look further into the subscriptions, too.

Thank you for sharing this with me 🙂

@roxanneSC2020 I believe tags are just for making it easier for people to search that topic.

The easiest way to save threads you like is by adding it to your bookmarks on whatever browser you use.

@roxanneSC2020 

I like to use tags. It take you to the posting that you tagged. 

Your avatar is in the top right corner of this page. Then choose My profile. You will then see Latest Tags.

You may also want to look at Subscriptions too.

roxanneSC2020

@JoyLuck 

Sweet ! Can you provide me with more information re: this subject? Ie: Where are those tags filed/ How would I get to them later? If there's a max number of tags you can save? Does it safe entire conversation or just the one message?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@roxanneSC2020 

Use tags. You can then go to your avatar (top right) and choose My profile.

tags.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.