cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM messages ..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

just curious.. does this system attracted many spammers to join here and send out random messages?  I have only been on here for 3 weeks.. got 2 such messages already...

Yes, i know it is spam and won't be fool.. but just curious if this is often.

Also, wonder if the Community system has way to block people/robot to  send out message to mass audience.  

6 REPLIES 6

InternM001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had a similar experience. Lately I've been sent spam messages from random members trying to get me to invest in crypto currency on some website. This was the last place I expected to see this stuff but I guess it's no different than any other public forum. 

bizu12345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this account for just over a year and I’ve only ever received 2 spam messages in total for the whole time I’ve been signed up. I think the moderators are working on filtering out messages that seem like spam, so the more we report these incidents, the more examples and templates they have to ensure that those similar messages are not being sent out 😊

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would be nice that only PM accounts have full access to all features of the forum. What would be nice is that non PM user wants to only be abile to post up to 3 times a day and not be able to private message anyone.

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow 

I've been a PM customer for a couple months now and also received 2 spam messages within the last week. Like dabr  said, anyone can join the community without being a PM customer which definitely makes it easier for people to spam folks on the Community. I just reported the message to the Moderators and then deleted the message. Make sure not to click on any links...

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Read @Catherine_T 's announcement on what to do with spam messages in your private message folder 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Report, then delete.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

just curious.. does this system attracted many spammers to join here and send out random messages?  I have only been on here for 3 weeks.. got 2 such messages already...

Yes, i know it is spam and won't be fool.. but just curious if this is often.

Also, wonder if the Community system has way to block people/robot to  send out message to mass audience.  

@hTideGnow   I think the way the Community forum is set up allowing for guests to sign up without the need to be a customer means that there's more opportunity for spammers/scammers. 

I don't think it's a common occurrence, but it does seem to happen every now and again with the most recent spam incident experienced by many users with the spam being sent to private message inbox. 

You can report it as spam to moderators and then also select to Ignore the username it came from before deleting the message.  There doesn't seem to be any other option to block these right now but perhaps PM is working on a way to do this, though just as likely that they're not!

Need Help? Let's chat.