cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying/quoting messages

iamfernandan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, folks.

I am trying to get used to the community and it's been fun so far. Can you tell me how do I reply to a message quoting a previous message and adding their @ before that same message? I've been trying to reply like that, but it isn't working for me.

Thanks! Have a lovely day!

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious 

Depending on what device I am using, I will either use Skitch or Snagit.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@iamfernandan wrote:

Hi, folks.

I am trying to get used to the community and it's been fun so far. Can you tell me how do I reply to a message quoting a previous message and adding their @ before that same message? I've been trying to reply like that, but it isn't working for me.

Hi @iamfernandan I asked the same question when on my first few days in the forums.  In most forums, we just click "Quote" and it does the rest.  lol  PM's forums is kinda antiquated 😂

Welcome to the forums

RosieR

@Anonymous 

Ok that's too much work...I will stick to my method!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I screencap then paste into good ol' Paint and then crop or blank anything and then mark-up and save and upload. That's why I don't do it very often 🙂

@JK8 

How do you get those nice arrows? Or type on your screenshot? Not that I mind just writing on mine but sometimes its difficult to be precise especially when using my homemade stylus....

IMG_20210414_095736683.jpg

iamfernandan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@JK8 wrote:

@iamfernandan wrote:

Hi, folks.

Do the following when you reply. Choose the 3 horizontal dots to expand the selection and then choose the quote icon.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Thank you, @JK8! I am getting the hang of it slowly... 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

-> @ <- then the username to "tag" a user. @iamfernandan . If you're on a desktop then click Reply under a post you want to quote and then the 3 dots on the right side of the little toolbar icons above the text box and then the "99" quote icon. That brings in the replied post. This is not available on a mobile browser.

Edit: JK8's is much better.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@iamfernandan wrote:

Hi, folks.

Click Reply, then the 3 little dots, then the " mark.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@iamfernandan wrote:

Hi, folks.

Do the following when you reply. Choose the 3 horizontal dots to expand the selection and then choose the quote icon.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.