cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Porting Team phone number?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone else noticed the help article not longer include the Porting Team phone number?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

It used to be here:

esjliv_0-1612034623992.png

But now it is not.

Has it moved somewhere, or does PM not want us to recommend it?

Maybe they were getting flooded with calls! 🤣

esjliv_2-1612034759597.png

6 REPLIES 6

@esjliv @HALIMACS 

So if you don't want to have your post or possible solution removed do not post it publicly.

@HALIMACS  @esjliv  Indeed, removed from bot searchable posts, but still being provided privately when port is stuck. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Since customers can now handle the port process themselves under the "Change Number" option post-activation (i.e. if they DID NOT complete the port DURING activation), perhaps the number is seen as less necessary and more focused now on only failed validation messages.    I would still feel comfortable supplying it to folks and will be supplying it for any porting-related concerns.  😉

I do not see the number porting feature being re-enabled from self serve as having any effect on the porting team number being removed from the help articles. The porting team couldn't initiiate a new porting request anyway.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess that they dont want to be receiving to many unrelated calls and keep the lines free for those who are actually porting. I think it's a good move on their part fi that was the nature of their decision

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I suspect they are getting calls for unrelated issues and not just a few.

Also since they are charging the title i thought it may be an opportunity to change couple of more things, i wouldn't be surprised if there was a form or something similar just for porting. It actually wouldn't be a bad idea since we can't do it ourselves anymore and it doesn't look like it's coming back any time soon. It would be cool if the port initiation and follow-up if needed would be done from within the account and extra verification would be in place. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @esjliv 

Excellent eye - you should be the resident auditor!!!

It seems like the number was previously used for any porting issues.  I'm guessing they got flooded with questions which may have been loosely related to actual porting issues.

Now, it seems PM staff have limited it to be used only,  "If no validation message is received, please contact our Porting Team at ***for help"

EDIT:  Something else occurred to me, @esjliv .  Since customers can now handle the port process themselves under the "Change Number" option post-activation (i.e. if they DID NOT complete the port DURING activation), perhaps the number is seen as less necessary and more focused now on only failed validation messages.    I would still feel comfortable supplying it to folks and will be supplying it for any porting-related concerns.  😉

Need Help? Let's chat.