Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yummy
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Can’t use internet when on a call

@esjliv wrote:

@AdrianG ,

Are these areas that you have had good connection previously ?

Perform a Network reset, follow these steps.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  3. Type in the device password if prompted.
  4. Confirm selection.

If necessary after trouble shooting is not working maybe Moderators can help?

I believe we should not always refer clients of PM asking help in this forum to MODerators.

What is the point of forum then?

Lets try to resolve (and learn at the same time) customers' issue and if everything fails then refer them to MODs.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy wrote:

If necessary after trouble shooting is not working maybe Moderators can help?

I believe we should not always refer clients of PM asking help in this forum to MODerators.

What is the point of forum then?

Lets try to resolve (and learn at the same time) customers' issue and if everything fails then refer them to MODs.

@AdrianG glad @Twopennybuffalo  fixed this up for you. 😀

@Yummy 

I do believe many people can get issues resolved by help from others in the Community Forum, no doubt.

I also believe Moderators sometimes don't know what they are doing when it comes to certain requests and or issues, no doubt. 

Referring to Moderators seems like such a touchy subject around here. Although, I do agree in some cases.

IF there WAS a customer service phone number for PM, would we keep it a secret - NO.

I have no doubt many regulars have and are still contacting the Moderators on varies times for issues and/or for information - PLENTY. So why can't other members have the right to do so?

So, yes, members can suggest help and troubleshooting for sure on the Community Forum and this is a valid source of solving issues/problems.

But to have Moderators contact info. is the right of each member. The member does not need to choose to go this route - remember this part. They should really not be choosing 'contact moderators' as a solution, if someone already nailed the true issue on the head in the thread.

Perfect example, is this Post!

Also, if a member has an issue, and posts in the forum, having pages and pages of sometimes convoluted posts can not only be frustrating and confusing for members, but very time consuming (especially, if it is a possible provisioning issue or account correction that can only be reset on PM's side).

@Yummy You do you.

I will do me.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. That way we can ensure each and every post from every member communicates to every other member how this is done. That way if a customer can't be bothered to explain the issue to us they can immediately contact the moderators for whatever issue they may have.....so much less copy and pasting.....So--Soon posts containing every trouble shooting trick in the book can follow that up.

softech
Mayor / Maire

I don't mind as long as the answer is not "There is only one way to fix your issue, contact Mod"...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. That way we can ensure each and every post from every member communicates to every other member how this is done. That way if a customer can't be bothered to explain the issue to us they can immediately contact the moderators for whatever issue they may have.....so much less copy and pasting.....So--Soon posts containing every trouble shooting trick in the book can follow that up.

@darlicious what do you mean "I will suggest"?

Are you attending some PM meeting? Or, submitting a ticket to add the suggestion?

----------

I feel the Moderators Contact Info. should be, front and center, available on the header of the community page or PM's home page, as a floater banner or something. 

Not so much, on every post that is posted in threads (that would definitely clutter topics).

For cripes sakes, the methods to contact Moderators are in the Help Articles, for all to see! But some members don't even know help articles exist or how to use them.

I say, have Moderator contact info. readily available - BUT, it must be clear on suggesting when to submit tickets...something like....

"Contact Public Mobile Customer Service Representatives (Moderators) here: (such and such link info.) for issues that have not or cannot be resolved on this 'Extremely Helpful'  (😜) Community Forum (who are users and members of Public Mobile...not PM representatives). "

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Any member is free to send a private message to any number of PM managers. I have exercised that option many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I never submit tickets.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv : Or a pop-up. But I think it should focus more on the immediate responses available here and _then_ give the reasons and all the info for contacting the mods.

I don't at all remember how I came in to the community. I had activated. And maybe I was wandering around the site and stumbled across the community. I had already been well familiar with forums so that was an easy pick up.

But for others who aren't internet savvy or where to go or activated in a store...how do they land here and what do they see?

The home page is all marketing (I suppose as it should be).

The four main links up top... Ok. I already have phone and SIM. I'm already activated so that's those two links. Get Help - alright lets go there. Bam..stupid chatbot. Seriously?! I'm not chatting with a stupid robot.

Then a search method. I typed in "I can't change SIM". I get a blank. Hmm. Seems the search isn't working. Back. 

Ok an index link. So now I need to figure out how the problem I have is talked about. Nope. No mention of changing SIM. Alright what's next.

Something about a community. Still no mention of changing SIM so how do I ask? Ok..Self-serve maybe? I see a list of topics. What do the green checks mean? So like what...I gotta scroll through a million topics? Ok. there's a search bar there. Oh man really? Now I gotta plough through a bunch of results. Crap. So how do I ask my question? At the top of the search results there's no mention of how to ask. Do I read a topic? That title looks kinda similar but it's not exactly what I was looking for. Oh look a Reply button. (and thus a question gets tacked on to an existing thread)

This is assuming a flow through process rather than have a look and go back.

It's no wonder some people arrive frustrated as heck. So I'm going to suggest that a pop-up happens when clicking on a Reply button ... or of course when clicking on Ask a question. Whenever the url is called for (minus message id etc) a pop up happens. That could be where the community can be touted first seeing as how they found their way there...and then a link to the hated chatbot and a link to the private messaging.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4  yup, that pretty much sums up the roundabout methods for help around here.

When I activated from a friend who was already a customer, all i knew was that there was no PM store/retail locations. I didn't realize customer service was all online (with no phone number)....of course, that was the learning curve i caught up on - which I am fine with of course.

A big POPUP (or add to the top HEADER of Shop, Gets Started, Activated, Get Help), that says "CUSTOMER SERVICE", and when it opens says:

1-Community Forum (where fellow members can quickly help solve your issue)

2-SIMon Bot ('robot computer' where you may get your answers from here or submit ticket to PM reps.)

3-Private Message PM reps.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv : lol My giant tl;dr...your idea is much better. Right up top. Or the first thing you see when you click Get Help. Not the stupid chatbot. _Nobody_ likes a stupid chatbot.

Yummy
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Great idea! I will suggest that every post automatically comes with how to contact moderators at the bottom of each post. That way we can ensure each and every post

This will make each post unnecessary long. So you would post 'thank you' and boom - few more lines will be added 'To contact MODs you can..., etc.'. It will be like default wording in most corporate world - after your signature goes 'this is private and confidential, blah, blah, blah' 5 lines or more of nothings.

How-to contact MODs are actually very simple. Just click on Get Help on top of this page, scroll down to 'We're here to help.', type 'moderator' and pick very first suggestion (you do not have to even click on Search). What you get is 5 lines of what everybody pastes in their posts 'how to contact moderators'.

Need Help? Let's chat.