cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2.5 time limit per call

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wait what ? Did someone delete my post ? I posted something here hours ago and now it's gone. I even doubble checked when it posted and it posted correctly. 

What's going on. 

24 REPLIES 24

@CFPartDeux 

Yes....and I just wrote you a private message and went to hit post and the dang thing froze and shut off! The problem with the new tablet is its read as a mobile device so its like a giant phone on this site and I hate the pm mobile set up. Whereas this tablet reads it more as a desktop set up....I can quote! So I'm stll using it for pm and a few other sites that works better with this set up. And the touch screen/keyboard is more responsive.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI wrote:

@darlicious Pff no. I didn't know there even was a 60 minute time limit. 

Yeah, as @darlicious  mentioned, there seems to be some kind of a time limit, although I haven't checked to see how long it is.

It's caught me 2 or 3 times, while typing a lengthy private message, and then when I hit the "post" button, nothing seems to happen. A couple of times I've either hit the back button in my browser, or maybe refresh(don't recall right now), and then all my typing has disappeared. I've learned that when it appears as though nothing is happening, I should simply copy the entire message, then restart what I was doing, and paste the message into the new attempt, and when hitting "post", it then works fine.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

Yeah that's a weird one....since my tablet loves to shut itself off at the most inopportune times

Wait a minute - are you STILL using the old tablet!?!? 😮

@BearFBI 

Both @CFPartDeux and I found that out the hard way!

BearFBI

@darlicious Pff no. I didn't know there even was a 60 minute time limit. 

I guess it's a bug. Funny how it's working perfectly right now.

@BearFBI 

Yeah that's a weird one....since my tablet loves to shut itself off at the most inopportune times its frustrating enough to lose private messages so long ones I always compose off site so if I get a shutdown they are at least saved but otherwise regular replies will get saved in my drafts. Is there any chance you are exceeding the 60 min time limit?

BearFBI

@darliciousThanks for the tips. I dont think it's the poof the magic dragon issue though because none of my posts are in the unmonitored section. 

Could be my browser.

BearFBI

@darlicious Really ! 

Cmon. You know better than that. No swearing. Lol

@BearFBI 

Although I edited.....wouldn't you know it I triggered the smut filter and got an immediate message from a moderator!

@BearFBI wrote:

@Nezgar Hmm. Never had mine stay for a while though and then get deleted. That's why I thought a person could've deleted it. Not sure why.

The past few days though I have had issues with posts. They would post then dissappear instantly. Then I would get all upset because my 11 paragraph post was gone and I was too lazy to re write it. 

@BearFBI 

How well spaced were those 11 paragraphs? And how long were they? The spam filter is supposed to "learn" but I suspect it has learned that long written diatribes 😉 are suspect and if they are anyway a "wall of text" it is doubley keen to toss it usually into your unmoderated items ( which are not chronological BTW.)

Having a lot of experience dealing with **poof** the magic post eating dragon (the spam filter) if you have become its next target then you will have to make an effort to teach it a lesson! But for your own peace of mind if you know you've got something to say and its likely a long post......

1. Write your post off site so it can be saved then copy and paste it after...
  2. Proof read and edit your post for any spelling mistakes, commercial references, numerous html's, possible or similar sounding words that could be profanity, $e×ual in nature or other words that are contrary to the ToS.
  3. Break up your post into smaller double spaced paragraphs. (Make it look pretty!)
  4. Review any posts you do have in your unmoderated items for simlar patterns or habits between posts so you can avoid repeating those "errors" that the spam filter is learning or has learned constitutes in its A.I. mind "bad" behavior.
  5. If you are able split one long post into two "medium" posts. Label them part #1 and part #2 if necessary.
  6. Check on any posts you think might disappear.....I've had some disappear an hour later or longer ( some took a month or two for me to discover they had disappeared!)

After I recieved Tiana's helpful advice I stopped having posts disappear and last had one in late December 2019. While some have had constant quick edits trigger the spam filter I found in my case since changing my posts as above making several edits for mistypes on my crappy touch keyboard is of no concern.

If a moderator removes a post or worse yet deletes it you will almost surely hear from them..... oracles can archive and edit posts and have a "gentleman's" agreement to make an editors note w/ their name although that hasn't always happened in the past that is not supposed to be an issue anymore.

@BearFBI wrote:

@esjliv No there not. I am so confused as to where my posts are going. Something is really screwed up. 

@BearFBI , has this happened more than once? Or was it only just today, the one time, you noticed this?

That link @HALIMACS  and myself posted can have more than one page to scroll through, which is not obvious because the page numbers are over the screen form.

esjliv_0-1617507619721.png

page numbers kinda hidden:

esjliv_1-1617507698642.png

I was going through a 'spell' of these occurrences, that became quite annoying. I put in a ticket the Moderators, thinking I was put on some kind of block/watch list. They said they would check it out. There was no real answer back. But, strangely, I never had any sent there again since then....'knock on wood'.

@BearFBI 

Yeah in my experience this happens when one of the following several things below occurs:

1. They get sent to one's unmoderated items rejected list https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected
  2. An HTML error may deny the first post of a message - some users may exit before fixing the HTML or allowing the system to automatically correct and hitting post a second time
  3. An Oracle may be in the process of moving - reclassifying the message
  4. The message may not meet the terms of public mobiles terms and conditions

Here is a whole thread dedicated to it started by Darlicious 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/poof-the-magic-dragon-disappearing-post-bug...

@BearFBI 

Lol....oops!

@computergeek541 

Apologies!

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

This really could have been moved to the community board....just sayin'....

That's where it is.

BearFBI

@darlicious It is in the community board.

@BearFBI 

Are they in your drafts? But if you get that dreaded "message not found" error they are just gone...

@computergeek541 

This really could have been moved to the community board....just sayin'....

@esjliv oh thanks for the link. Happy to report I have nothing there, but I've read numerous accounts of it happening to others...

Another thought @BearFBI is if maybe you had an HTML validation error on submission? I've seen that often when pasting in formatted text from elsewhere where "invalid html" is detected when hitting submit, but then it successfully posts when hitting "post" again... if you miss that it would never have posted....

BearFBI

@esjliv No there not. I am so confused as to where my posts are going. Something is really screwed up. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@Nezgar Hmm. Never had mine stay for a while though and then get deleted. That's why I thought a person could've deleted it. Not sure why.

The past few days though I have had issues with posts. They would post then dissappear instantly. Then I would get all upset because my 11 paragraph post was gone and I was too lazy to re write it. 

@BearFBI ahhhh, you have been hit with the disappearing posts syndrome.

I, too, have been affected by this.

Check out this link to probably find your missing posts: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected:forum

EDIT:

LOL @HALIMACS  bet me to it!

But @BearFBI , they are not there? huh?

BearFBI

@HALIMACS Nope not in there. 

BearFBI

All I gotta say is this call cutoff time could be avoided. 

First of all its used so people don't just initiate a phone call and leave it running for hours or days and congest the network. 

What carriers could do instead is this. After X amount of minutes you could ask if the person on the line is still available. This could be done through RCS and I think Imessage notifications where you have to press something to continue the call. After that you can continue the call with the other person untill another X amount of minutes. 

Alguva was talking about integrating something like that into dotmobile. I'm surprised the big 3 don't have anything like this, although their call cutoff time is like 5 hours+

BearFBI

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI apparently some posts get automatically deleted (censored?) by the system, so may not have been a person. Not sure what happenned with @gpixel 's post getting blanked out though...

Need Help? Let's chat.