cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Service Announcment - public mobile no human support

PublicM0bileSux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is  a public service announcement that hopefully will get picked up by the search engines to warn off people who may get duped into subscribing for this service.

NO HUMAN SUPPORT.

They do have this "support" community, full of users with Stockholm Syndrome who have somehow been brainwashed into helping Public Mobile give the facade of providing support. But, the users here don't have any ability to actually do anything on your account, so there is no service to be found here.

THIS IS NOT THE NORM

For all of you who maybe have not been around the world, this is not normal. Don't let them try to convince you otherwise, they have Stockholm Syndrome and are trying to gaslight you. This is not normal.

DO NOT BUY PUBLIC MOBILE. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

29 REPLIES 29

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To everyone: Not to take sides with the OP but tbh, I felt the same as this guy did when I had my problem with PM years ago. I felt frustrated and nervous I couldnt have adequate support. And I posted here, only to get some advice like restart phone, remove sim or I dont know, some prety useless advice. 

At that time, I wasnt familiar much with the service and got mad; even, I remember, asked in thread for people not to answer if they disnt know **bleep**. It was just the frustration and wonder how can we have a company like this in a supposedly first world country. My bad for my rudeness! That explains why I didnt post much during the years.

But then I got to know the system. While I dont condone this type of support, I contacted the moderators and they were very helpful and quick to help me. Even technical support callled me and fixed my issue of not receiving any calls from Rogers customers. Since then, I was a few of the lucky ones to never run into any issues, phone or account wise 

To the OP: I understand your anger and dont expect to find much help here. Apart from a few, maybe, hidden gem responses, I would advise you to do what I did: Just private message as soon as you can @CS_Agent and I assure you, they will fix your issue as soon as possible, as they did my issues. I understand your frustration because I was in the same place as you. But dont forget to keep the minimal ethical rules of posting and not being rude.

To the people of the community: Please lets stop the collective bullying towards him. If you guys dont, it will certainly reinforce his opinion. Sometimes people just vent and please lets not do the same mistake he did. 

Im the same time, please continue providing the same dedication to the Community and keep posting whatever help you can give.

I would never take the time to post this from my phone if I didnt see the both sides of the story!

Thank you guys, even those who might disagree with me! 🙂

GL to the OP! Help is coming soon! 

@CS_Agent please help OP, since he is new and frustrated! 🙂

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@PublicM0bileSux 

Of course there is human support.

The other budget companies are turning to this model as well. You have an option of the assistance with your selfserve for up to $40 pet issue with other providers, they just tell you do it yourself boy here we help you do it yourself.

If you need CS/tech support you are can reach them by private message and it is still be included in your service(you don't have to pay extra), but you can't call/chat only message

I make more than that per minute at work. I'd rather get my phone working. I don't care about not enough money to even buy a coffee.

then why are you on a budget carrier?

lol 

@Anonymous 

I'm not sure what they did to remedy that....I know I had to do all of the bf's support so there is nothing stopping the OP from making another community profile to seek support. Posting again in such a manner would then result in the same actions taken by the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : But as long as there's a paying customer, they can't deny support requests. I know last year there was a bit of a to do about that so I'm not sure what came of it. But it only seems proper to somehow allow support while not being able to post on the forum.

Not sure.

@softech 

Moderators have the ability to ban the IP address and the email address.

I wonder what would take for moderator to "disqualifier" a user.  The sticky point is they do need Community access to fix the account issue, so, you can't really "get rid of them"

(yes, I know they can always come back with a new name, but this is another issue) 

@softech 

I don't think so....once an addict gets there fix they usually disappear.

@darlicious  if Mod finally contacted him, i think we will see his next round of "reviews" soon.  LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Please. 🙂

@Anonymous 

40 minutes of silence. Sounds to me that he has finally gotten a reply from the moderators. Rant over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : It's possible he made another username to do his rant. His rant is basically that the system doesn't allow a diy early renewal.

He hints that he asked other questions some other time which is why I wonder that he made another username for his rant.

This would all have unfurled differently if he had come on here asking why he can't do an early renewal in the self-serve.

He's out of data and he looked around and didn't like the price of the add-ons so he wanted an early renewal. He's already at the $50 plan so it's not like he can change plans to a larger data bucket.

Then he goes on about there being nobody to call.

I think that's about it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PublicM0bileSux   i read (well mostly) your other posts.

Are you only out of data, OR have you lost your calling and texting abilities too?

It sounds like you are saying you have no services?

Does your Self Serve account status say Active?

@PublicM0bileSux wrote:

I didn't sign up to Public Mobile to for community and to make friends,

To be honest, it's very hard to make friend with your attitude.  oops, it hurts 

@PublicM0bileSux wrote:

. I've bought SIM cards in at least 15 countries, and never run into this situation.

I have joined PM for at least 15 months and never run into a "TRUE PM LOVER" like you.

Ok.  Let me be serious

Is this model good?  Maybe , maybe not

Is this model for everyone?  no, absolutely not

Why there is such support model then?  PM is a Tier 3 Mobile within Telus Family.   What is Tier 3?  Tier 3 model is to give you only the very basic mobile needs with minimal support.  In return, the plans are cheaper (at least for the $15, $25 and $35).   

Why people still joining?  Many go with it because of the price.  Many more of us are willing to spend time to learn a bit and do it all ourselves.  Just like some people like to go out fine dinning and enjoy the 120 mins meal time, some people like to cook at home and spending 6 hours preparing the meal.

System reliability (call and data), it is as good as using Telus and Bell as it is based on the same network and system.

To be serious, most the time , 99%, it is working without issue, why spend more for support that you don't need?  

Why are people "with Stockholm Syndrome" here helping out other?  Because we are people who like to help.  Because we think we know a little bit more.  Not because we like being yelled at or we like being impolitely treated.

Were we brainwashed? No, If we are, then we are not doing good job cos we can't get you on board (hahaha).   We try to give you all the solution because we think issues like this are resolvable if you are willing to calm down, listen, and follow, and also, sit back and relax

You never seen such model and support like this?  Look around, there are many more businesses like this and you just don't know (Admit it, you don't know everything.  Ask someone who has been driving Porsche Ferrari Lamborghini  the whole life and he wouldn't aware Kia exists )

@PublicM0bileSux wrote:

there are some quirks to get used to, like any business or self managed system.

You act as if this type of system is normal, or even acceptable.

I didn't sign up to Public Mobile to for community and to make friends, I wanted a sim card that would allow me to use my phone.

I'd be happy to never use Public Mobile again, except that they've got my $51 in their system.

@PublicM0bileSux 

I heard you have posted a lot today...I have not read any of your other posts, so not sure of the issue(s) you are having.

I am not trying to be your friend.

Why isn't your phone working?

And, if you renewed early in error, HAVE YOU, contacted the Moderators to request any reimbursement?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's completely irrelevant what the rest of the world does. The telecom industry here is what it is. We can't do anything about it. Apparently the governing bodies are corrupted by the large providers here. So voting won't do anything either.

So we get by with what we have.

Still nothing on that envelope icon?

PublicM0bileSux

there are some quirks to get used to, like any business or self managed system.

You act as if this type of system is normal, or even acceptable.

I didn't sign up to Public Mobile to for community and to make friends, I wanted a sim card that would allow me to use my phone.

I'd be happy to never use Public Mobile again, except that they've got my $51 in their system.

PublicM0bileSux

"Btw, you are a true lover for PM.  almost 40 posts and 3 different threads on your PM experience on the same day.  I am pretty certain you will get at least $1 or $2 Community Reward for your next cycle.  Like it?"

I make more than that per minute at work. I'd rather get my phone working. I don't care about not enough money to even buy a coffee.

PublicM0bileSux

"You don't have to stuck here. No contract no commitment."

How do I get my money off the public mobile site back into my bank then?

Because this site doesn't offer a method. Public Mobile can't afford to remove their sneaky business practices and lose revenue.

PublicM0bileSux

"Yeah Doc y'gotta help me. I got the Stockholm real bad like. I'm in the one country on the planet with the only provider that doesn't have live agents standing by 24/7 waiting for little ol' me to call."

Yuuup. Hit the nail on the head with that one mate. I've bought SIM cards in at least 15 countries, and never run into this situation.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hTideGnow_0-1622586930752.png

@PublicM0bileSux wrote:

"There many other service providers out there, shop around and go where you are happier."

I would have done that already. Problem is, I didn't figure out that the site is broken and allow me to "change plans" (aka renew my plan early) until AFTER I had transferred money into Public Mobile. So through their sneaky business practices, they've got my money, so I can't go to another provider until I've used up the $51 in my account.

@PublicM0bileSux  there are some quirks to get used to, like any business or self managed system.

If you did not mean to renew early and you lost out the money already paid in the plan you were on previously, contact the Moderators and 'ask nicely', please ask nicely, if they can add what you lost out for renewing early into your Available Funds.

If they can do that, stay around until the funds are used up, then remove your credit card and port out.

@PublicM0bileSux wrote:

"There many other service providers out there, shop around and go where you are happier."

so I can't go to another provider until I've used up the $51 in my account.

You don't have to stuck here.  No contract no commitment.

In case you don't know.  Even you left PM , you can still come back to this Community and post your comments about PM.  Like it?

Btw, you are a true lover for PM.  almost 40 posts and 3 different threads on your PM experience on the same day.  I am pretty certain you will get at least $1 or $2 Community Reward for your next cycle.  Like it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Doc y'gotta help me. I got the Stockholm real bad like. I'm in the one country on the planet with the only provider that doesn't have live agents standing by 24/7 waiting for little ol' me to call. And I don't pay anything and won't be for many years to come. Ah. I'm so stuck. Help me doc. Help me.

PublicM0bileSux

I would have done that already. Problem is, I didn't figure out that the site is broken and allow me to "change plans" (aka renew my plan early) until AFTER I had transferred money into Public Mobile. So through their sneaky business practices, they've got my money, so I can't go to another provider until I've used up the $51 in my account.

PublicM0bileSux

This is a support model this business chose to follow.

Um yeah, duh. I'm pointing out how crap it is.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PublicM0bileSux 

Oh My! Well well, feel better after that?

All Customer Service is online, it is not a secret here at Public Mobile.

Correct, Community Members do not have access to your account. Public Mobile Customer Service Representatives are called Moderators; and they most certainly do have access to your account.

And anyone with account related issues should contact them.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

esjliv_0-1622585940153.png

There many other service providers out there, shop around and go where you are happier.

Good luck!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Announcement ?  LoL

This is a support model this business chose to follow.    

Need Help? Let's chat.