cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile App

billyjean007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile planning on launching an app version in the future because I think it would be more convenient for the users and increase the engagement in the community. Just some feedback others probably thought of as well.

6 REPLIES 6

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@billyjean007 

Public does not have an app because of the cost involved for example Apple you need to pay $100 a year to be a developer Which means public mobile won’t be able to provide the lowest cost possible that’s also the reason why we don’t have TV commercials or any advertising outside of social media. Public mobile just wants to provide us with the lowest cost possible so that means no app and no advertising. If you’re looking to see your data usage quickly you can just dial 611

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping Sad part about Data Witness is that it needs updated, but that is unlikely to happen. It isn't compatible with quite a few popular modern Android phones. The Galaxy S10 for example.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@billyjean007 Apps give an easy way to launch the site. A bookmark and saved password does the same.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007 no and probably there will not be an app in the closest future to keep costs low.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@billyjean007 This will likely won't happen. Their sister brand Koodo had the app and they removed it for various reasons. It costs them time and money when information can be accessed through self-serve or by dialing a number (611).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@billyjean007 wrote:

Is public mobile planning on launching an app version in the future because I think it would be more convenient for the users and increase the engagement in the community. Just some feedback others probably thought of as well.

PM does not have an app and has not plan to build one.

But there is an Android app built by a PM subscriber call Data Witness PM.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

Please note it is not a PM app.  Use it at your own risk.

Sorry, no member built app for iOS.

Need Help? Let's chat.