cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracles or Forum Moderators what is needed

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RosieR, Oracles are considered the moderators of the community.  It is part of the items listed.  It does happen where it may take a while but if tagged I would say that I can get to something within a couple of hours 99% of the time.  Going for Customer service it is up to 72 hours for a response from PM moderators so a couple of hours isn't too bad.

Keep up your great work and I am sure you would meet the qualifications of time in the community and helpfulness for the next intake!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

55 REPLIES 55

@gpixel  good question Santa Clause 😂

does one need to use their real name for this application?

@ShawnC13 I agree the report button should go to the Oracles.  Although when I tagged the oracles for help, nobody showed.  A PM moderator did and thanked me.

My forum is an international forum so different time zones all over the world.  that's why 24/7 attention is needed as most spam or inappropriate posts are posted during quiet times.

Now Public Mobile is different.  It is not really that busy.  But still could use Forum Moderators, rather than more oracles.

IMHO lol

@RosieR, I totally understand what a Moderator is and its function.  I would say that everyone here in the community is volunteering now to provide customer service.  Some get rewards some don't and some get more than others, but we are all volunteers, and PM has chosen the way that their community will be "moderated" and by who.  I am on a few different forums and I don't know of one that has someone Moderating 24/7.  With all forums there is always a report button for inappropriate threads, here is goes to the Moderators who are really Customer Service Agents, maybe those should go to the Oracles who knows.  I think having it done as it is currently is the correct way, especially when rewards are paid out to people and you could have people how are friends or people who don't get along so well and decisions on what stays or goes could affect someone getting rewards issued.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR, the disappearing post is something that possibly a true community moderator or an Oracle given the permission could handle.  I am not sure if it is similar to the other forums I am on but there is a section that has posts/threads that need approval that will sit there out of view except for those that have access to them.

@ShawnC13 yes, this is probably standard to all forums.  Some threads are questionable if allowed or not.  Then we transfer the said thread to a place that only moderators and admins can see waiting for admins approval.  Just two tiers.  Forum moderators and forum Administrators.  The admins report directly to the Company. 

You stated  "the Oracles have access to the Oracle area, can edit and move posts but can't delete them whereas the Moderators can do all of that plus delete.  Retired Oracles (another user group) can edit and move posts but not access the Oracle section"

so retired oracles are the true forum moderators.  they can edit and move posts but do not have access to the Oracle area.  @computergeek541 is the only retired oracle who is almost always in the forums to do most moderating.  May I ask how many retired oracles there are?  The power to moderate the forums are wasted (no offense intended) because they are almost always not present.

This is what is wrong about the Oracles group.  When they retired they lose interest in coming to the forums.  They are better things to do than hang around the forums  And that is the difference between them and the volunteers.  The volunteers are here to do the job without honourable titles. lol  They are just dedicated forum members who are happy (most of the time) to do a job and do it well.  They are called Forum Moderators in real life.

@RosieR, the disappearing post is something that possibly a true community moderator or an Oracle given the permission could handle.  I am not sure if it is similar to the other forums I am on but there is a section that has posts/threads that need approval that will sit there out of view except for those that have access to them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : Posts disappearing is a whole other thing not moderator related. Long long ago in a land far far away there was a fix for the posts disappearing. That knowledge was lost in space when the whole crew were re-purposed or sacked and they brought in the new bunch that we have now (and newer still).

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous this is similar to our discussion on another thread.  I agree that the PM Moderators are not forum moderators but CSR's.  What does Khoros got to do with naming another level of moderator?  Isn't Khoros just a software being used by PM?

I'm not talking about whatever it might be named. I'm talking about the function. So I don't know if Khoros has another level of moderator with maybe lower levels of power (or higher). Some forums do have different levels of power for different kinds moderators.

I think PM should be able to create different "User Groups" that have a different level of capabilities.  Such as the Oracles have access to the Oracle area, can edit and move posts but can't delete them whereas the Moderators can do all of that plus delete.  Retired Oracles (another user group) can edit and move posts but not access the Oracle section

Then you could assign certain users to those specific groups to give them the given capabilites.

@ShawnC13 this is a great idea.  I would also add that as a forum moderator, they be given the right to send private messages to community members who post are edited or deleted stating why.  Right now my posts and threads are being deleted without explanation whatsoever.  I know this more work but that is the right thing to do.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous this is similar to our discussion on another thread.  I agree that the PM Moderators are not forum moderators but CSR's.  What does Khoros got to do with naming another level of moderator?  Isn't Khoros just a software being used by PM?

I'm not talking about whatever it might be named. I'm talking about the function. So I don't know if Khoros has another level of moderator with maybe lower levels of power (or higher). Some forums do have different levels of power for different kinds moderators.

Ok I see what you mean.  In my experience as a forum moderator, we were all volunteers but so very dedicated that even when there was a time that there were only two forum moderators left (most just died) we were still able to oversee the forums 24/7, with some help from the administrators.  And in PM case, the oracles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @ShawnC13 . I didn't know retirees couldn't see all that they used to. Yet the "archive" area is, in effect, a delete...but not.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

I think PM should be able to create different "User Groups" that have a different level of capabilities.  Such as the Oracles have access to the Oracle area, can edit and move posts but can't delete them whereas the Moderators can do all of that plus delete.  Retired Oracles (another user group) can edit and move posts but not access the Oracle section

Then you could assign certain users to those specific groups to give them the given capabilites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR , @ShawnC13 : It's the side-effect of deciding to call the CSR's moderators. No...they're CSR's, not moderators. They can do some moderating but they exist primarily for account issues off-forum.

So they came up with some name for who would fulfill actual moderator tasks...Oracles. Some forums have very few people with the power to moderate.

The 20 bucks is basically volunteering anyway.

I don't know if Khoros has another level of moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

As well I did edit the title of your post as you must have replied to our new thread before I got to all of them.

I got the red box of death while you were fiddling. Select/copy/exit/find/reply/paste. So that only took that amount of time.

As long you don't edit my (not inappropriate) text 🙂

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR, here is our new thread I hope the title fits your thoughts.  I think we can continue the great discussion here and not clutter the announcement thread.

@ShawnC13 Yay!  new thread.  Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR , @ShawnC13 : It's the side-effect of deciding to call the CSR's moderators. No...they're CSR's, not moderators. They can do some moderating but they exist primarily for account issues off-forum.

So they came up with some name for who would fulfill actual moderator tasks...Oracles. Some forums have very few people with the power to moderate.

@Anonymous  exactly!!  There has been some talk about looking into that as well.  Like I said when I first got here moderator was the wrong name for the service side.  As well I did edit the title of your post as you must have replied to our new thread before I got to all of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR, here is our new thread I hope the title fits your thoughts.  I think we can continue the great discussion here and not clutter the announcement thread.

@RosieR absolutely none is taken and like I said really enjoying the discussion and like you, I am very passionate when I get involved.  That is why I want to move our portion so we can continue!!

it is passionate people like you that make this a great place

@ShawnC13 sorry I just get so passionate sometimes.  Again, no disrespect intended.

@RosieR I totally understand that and no I am not paid on those other forums I have been on one of them for just under 9 years.  What I was saying is that the Oracle's aren't doing this for the money they are doing it for the benefit of the community.  When I first joined the community Oracle reward was $10 and three next top reward was $6.  Recently there was discussion between oracles of reducing the amount currently recieved.  

This has been a great discussion when I am at my PC I will move it as we have hijacked this thread and my apologies for that lol

@ShawnC13 were you being paid to be a moderator on your other sites?  If yes, good for you.  If no, then you know what I mean by volunteering for a job because you are just happy to help.  That's what volunteers are for.

@RosieR I think the Oracles and retired Oracles are very passionate about the community.  If they weren't they still wouldn't be here.  It isn't for the reward money that is for sure.  I understand what you are saying as I am an Admin on another forum and a Super Moderator on another.  They are way more active than this community and don't require 24/7 moderation.  When I first came to the community I thought the naming tags were incorrect.  I think the Moderators should be called something to do with customer service agents or something like that and the Oracles were more the moderators of the community.  There is also the control factor and creating more user groups with levels of access and privileges within the community.  If you do feel that this is something the community needs you should take your idea to @Catherine_T  as she is the lead for the PM Community.

@RosieR none taken but we also have customers who can go days without service.  This hasn't happened in a while I am hoping there aren't any currently experiencing this but it does.  It isn't just here that people post personal info it is everywhere you go.  By expanding the Oracle team will just have more eyes with that capability and more people to tag to get that fixed.  That is why the search is for more regional representation (currently only 2 provinces are represented with the 5 Oracles, 2 of us live 5 minutes away from each other) to create better "coverage".  This is a win/win PM gives expanded capabilities to users to help out and additional people will get a bigger monthly reward!!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR, Oracles are considered the moderators of the community.  It is part of the items listed.  It does happen where it may take a while but if tagged I would say that I can get to something within a couple of hours 99% of the time.  Going for Customer service it is up to 72 hours for a response from PM moderators so a couple of hours isn't too bad.

Keep up your great work and I am sure you would meet the qualifications of time in the community and helpfulness for the next intake!!

Hi @ShawnC13 no disrespect, but to let personal information even for 5 minutes in the forums would be considered too late because there are lurkers in the forums who could copy those personal information to the detriment of our poor customers who are not used to posting on public forums.  Why else would thousands for guests be present in the community everyday?

Need Help? Let's chat.