cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnC13
Oracle

Oracles or Forum Moderators what is needed

@RosieR, Oracles are considered the moderators of the community.  It is part of the items listed.  It does happen where it may take a while but if tagged I would say that I can get to something within a couple of hours 99% of the time.  Going for Customer service it is up to 72 hours for a response from PM moderators so a couple of hours isn't too bad.

Keep up your great work and I am sure you would meet the qualifications of time in the community and helpfulness for the next intake!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Oracles or Forum Moderators what is needed

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR, Oracles are considered the moderators of the community.  It is part of the items listed.  It does happen where it may take a while but if tagged I would say that I can get to something within a couple of hours 99% of the time.  Going for Customer service it is up to 72 hours for a response from PM moderators so a couple of hours isn't too bad.

Keep up your great work and I am sure you would meet the qualifications of time in the community and helpfulness for the next intake!!

Hi @ShawnC13 no disrespect, but to let personal information even for 5 minutes in the forums would be considered too late because there are lurkers in the forums who could copy those personal information to the detriment of our poor customers who are not used to posting on public forums.  Why else would thousands for guests be present in the community everyday?

ShawnC13
Oracle

@RosieR none taken but we also have customers who can go days without service.  This hasn't happened in a while I am hoping there aren't any currently experiencing this but it does.  It isn't just here that people post personal info it is everywhere you go.  By expanding the Oracle team will just have more eyes with that capability and more people to tag to get that fixed.  That is why the search is for more regional representation (currently only 2 provinces are represented with the 5 Oracles, 2 of us live 5 minutes away from each other) to create better "coverage".  This is a win/win PM gives expanded capabilities to users to help out and additional people will get a bigger monthly reward!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

ShawnC13
Oracle

@RosieR I think the Oracles and retired Oracles are very passionate about the community.  If they weren't they still wouldn't be here.  It isn't for the reward money that is for sure.  I understand what you are saying as I am an Admin on another forum and a Super Moderator on another.  They are way more active than this community and don't require 24/7 moderation.  When I first came to the community I thought the naming tags were incorrect.  I think the Moderators should be called something to do with customer service agents or something like that and the Oracles were more the moderators of the community.  There is also the control factor and creating more user groups with levels of access and privileges within the community.  If you do feel that this is something the community needs you should take your idea to @Catherine_T  as she is the lead for the PM Community.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 were you being paid to be a moderator on your other sites?  If yes, good for you.  If no, then you know what I mean by volunteering for a job because you are just happy to help.  That's what volunteers are for.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@RosieR I totally understand that and no I am not paid on those other forums I have been on one of them for just under 9 years.  What I was saying is that the Oracle's aren't doing this for the money they are doing it for the benefit of the community.  When I first joined the community Oracle reward was $10 and three next top reward was $6.  Recently there was discussion between oracles of reducing the amount currently recieved.  

This has been a great discussion when I am at my PC I will move it as we have hijacked this thread and my apologies for that lol

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 sorry I just get so passionate sometimes.  Again, no disrespect intended.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@RosieR absolutely none is taken and like I said really enjoying the discussion and like you, I am very passionate when I get involved.  That is why I want to move our portion so we can continue!!

it is passionate people like you that make this a great place

ShawnC13
Oracle

@RosieR, here is our new thread I hope the title fits your thoughts.  I think we can continue the great discussion here and not clutter the announcement thread.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR , @ShawnC13 : It's the side-effect of deciding to call the CSR's moderators. No...they're CSR's, not moderators. They can do some moderating but they exist primarily for account issues off-forum.

So they came up with some name for who would fulfill actual moderator tasks...Oracles. Some forums have very few people with the power to moderate.

The 20 bucks is basically volunteering anyway.

I don't know if Khoros has another level of moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.