cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification not working tonight?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

is it just me?  Notification not working for me.. it's just saying  "You don't have any notifications. " 

29 REPLIES 29

@hTideGnow wrote:

@dabr   I am ok since Saturday when the notification came back.  I keep getting notifications and I don't think I missed anything..   Maybe you can try another browser or clear the cache and see if any better...

@hTideGnow   I always use a browser with incognito mode enabled so don't think that is the issue.  I'm certainly seeing the notifications coming through today, so maybe finally it's been fixed, hope so! 😊

@dabr   I am ok since Saturday when the notification came back.  I keep getting notifications and I don't think I missed anything..   Maybe you can try another browser or clear the cache and see if any better...

@treefrog wrote:

I had one lonely notification. Is this still an issue?

@treefrog   Yes I think this is still an issue, although today (at least for me) I think I've received  all the notifications, which wasn't the case yesterday or most days over the last 2+ weeks.  It seems to bit of a hit or miss.  Hopefully, it'll be back to normal soon. 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had one lonely notification. Is this still an issue?

@darlicious    Yes, you're right and I don't know how I forgot about JB who consistently has been leading (since gblackma left) everyone...

Yes those bravos totals were much higher it would seem, but I'm thinking that not only gblackma (and even joyluck) received the most bravos but they were also always generous giving  bravos to others and that might be the reason why everyone's totals are less now, perhaps...

@dabr 

Everyones numbers were about double then to what they are now (in descending order) With the exception of current participants in the #4, #5 and #8 who are consistent each month and @Jb456  who has replaced @gblackma  up until this month. This holds true through the top 25. ** @computergeek541  has doubled his numbers the opposite trend.

Screenshot_20200430-230619.pngScreenshot_20200430-230642.png

@darlicious   Oh yeah....those are incredibly impressive numbers and I had forgotten just how many solutions/bravos he consistently got.  Going to be a long time before anyone beats those stats, if ever!  😊

Edit:  even joyluck had quite the numbers there, another one who hasn't been here (maybe I've missed seeing her participation) for a while.

@dabr 

That's when @gblackma  was just getting warmed up. He started to hit his stride the following month ( the last full month that the bravo leaderboard existed to give us stats) and pretty much maintained  2k+ numbers til his departure in September....and still recieves a community reward from residuals albeit a much smaller one.

Screenshot_20200430-230626.png

@HALIMACS wrote:

You're excitement was so palpable, @dabr , that I thought I would give you another.

LOL  🤣

@HALIMACS   Lol...yep suddenly there's an influx of notices!!  But sorry to disappointment, that wasn't excitement, was kinda worried about getting notices again for a setting that I had turned off...   But yeah getting some now, although not in any particular order...  Oh well 😊

You're excitement was so palpable, @dabr , that I thought I would give you another.

LOL  🤣

My notificationd are blowing up now! Lot of catching up to do!

@HALIMACS , yeah.. it's coming back!!

good, at least PM is not taking another thing away while increasing price.. lol

@HALIMACS wrote:

Whoa!!!  Dem notifications coming in like crazy now - @hTideGnow  you getting them?

@HALIMACS    I've just received two now from 8 hours ago!  Haha..

Edit:  Wow and now I'm getting notices for users who have responded in threads I've participated, even though all those notifications were turned off well over a year ago!

Edit 2:  Okay these notifications are for a thread that I participated in before I turned off those kinds of notifications, so not another issue.  Just someone posting in an old thread!

Whoa!!!  Dem notifications coming in like crazy now - @hTideGnow  you getting them?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JK8    That bravo leaderboard photo just emphasizes (and reminds me) how impressive gblackma was!!  😊    Too bad (or is it for the rest of us 🤔) he stopped!!

Edit:  Still no notifications for me yet!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

is it just me?  Notification not working for me.. it's just saying  "You don't have any notifications. " 

I've been experiencing that for at least the last couple of weeks or so on/off....notifications is either delayed by hours or never arrive.    I only notice if I'm signed in and happen to see a response to a thread I might have participated in and didn't get any notice even if I'm tagged.  Most of my notifications are already turned off except for a tag/bravo or solution so I really don't expect to get an awful lot of notifications in the first place.  

Maybe PM is doing some updates connected to the roll out of the newly announced plans, but this seems to happen on/off over the last year or more since I've been here.  Just more gremlins in PM's system! 😊

Last night's notifications have started coming in, some of which are about 17 hours late.  

@hTideGnow wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

My notifications are still not working. Could this be something Public Mobile has done on purpose as part of their master plan to reduce competition in the community like when they took away the bravo leader boards.

yes.. still not working after over 12 hours...

oh.. They used to have Bravo boards?   I think notification is needed.. sometimes ppl posted a questions, we need to have an easier way to notified that it was answered... 

Yes.... a bravo leaderboard board back in the good old days.

F26AF4CF-96A1-4B1B-8559-E1824397A060.jpeg

@JK8 wrote:

My notifications are still not working. Could this be something Public Mobile has done on purpose as part of their master plan to reduce competition in the community like when they took away the bravo leader boards.

yes.. still not working after over 12 hours...

oh.. They used to have Bravo boards?   I think notification is needed.. sometimes ppl posted a questions, we need to have an easier way to notified that it was answered... 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

First time for me not working.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is not working for me at the moment.  Happens a lot.  It will come back again.  

@hTideGnow 

Yes it appears to be affecting everyone....

@darlicious wrote:

@hTideGnow 

I have this happen quite often but they usually return after going to a different page.

first time for me.. going different pages doesn't work.. i guess will have to wait for them to fix it.. 

thanks for confirming..     👍

@hTideGnow 

I have this happen quite often but they usually return after going to a different page.

@hTideGnow wrote:

They're not working.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It all erased for me too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Did you get a notification for me replying to this thread?

Mine aren't showing either.

I'm guessing they're doing maintenance.  I do recall something about that noted earlier but I thought it was late Saturday, into Sunday morning.

Looks like this for me:

HALIMACS_0-1613790230471.png

Need Help? Let's chat.