cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Pipcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Name

Is there a way to change your user name?


Accepted Solutions
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Name


@Pipcan wrote:

Is there a way to change your user name?


Yes, you can change BOTH for either your Community or Self-Serve accounts/profiles.

 

To change username either on Community OR Self-Serve, you need to contact the Moderators.  Remember, the Community username is simply something you make up -  the Self-Serve username is the e-mail address associated with your account. 

 

The e-mail address showing on your Community profile is simply there as a way to correlate your Community activity towards your service account.  Making sure your Community and Self-Serve e-mail addresses are the same ensures any Community awards for Helping Others gets credited to the matching service account with the same e-mail.

 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

 

  1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

 

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

 

View solution in original post


All Replies
princepaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Name

I dont believe we can. I am on the same boat. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Re: Name

Looks like the option has been removed.

 

princepaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Name

Capture.PNGI dont see 'username' tab in the settings.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Name


@Pipcan wrote:

Is there a way to change your user name?


Yes, you can change BOTH for either your Community or Self-Serve accounts/profiles.

 

To change username either on Community OR Self-Serve, you need to contact the Moderators.  Remember, the Community username is simply something you make up -  the Self-Serve username is the e-mail address associated with your account. 

 

The e-mail address showing on your Community profile is simply there as a way to correlate your Community activity towards your service account.  Making sure your Community and Self-Serve e-mail addresses are the same ensures any Community awards for Helping Others gets credited to the matching service account with the same e-mail.

 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

 

  1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

 

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

 

View solution in original post

softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: Name

@HALIMACS 

 

curious, did you hear if anyone able to change Community username?  The "bubble" replies:

 

softech_0-1614873751513.png

 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Name


@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS 

 

curious, did you hear if anyone able to change Community username?  The "bubble" replies:

 

softech_0-1614873751513.png

 


@softech    I believe they can.  There have been revisions made to a person's Community username that I've heard of (don't remember who the user was, just recall reading about it) - so it stands to reason the Moderators either have that capability or they can access support within their ranks to do so.

 

Perhaps SIMon is responding that way because it is not a user-changeable function?

 

Coincidentally, I've considered requesting mine be changed to remove the all-caps.  The only reason I don't bother is I don't want such a request to unintentionally create an undesired effect.   (ya know what i mean?)

Pipcan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Name

No I haven’t heard of anyone able to change Community Username. I will let you know if I manage

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: Name


@Pipcan wrote:

No I haven’t heard of anyone able to change Community Username. I will let you know if I manage


@Pipcan @softech 

 

Check out prior threads, in which a lot of Oracles / senior users appear to confirm it is changeable:

 

Solved: Community username - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Solved: Can you change your community username? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

 

[EDIT:   PM may have reservations where a change leads to usernames being virtually identical or easily confused for the other or repeated requests or requesting an offensive term. ]

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Name

@Pipcan  On the other hand, why not just delete the email currently in your Community account and create a new one linked to your account email. 

Need Help? Let's chat.