cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there a way to change your user name?

30 REPLIES 30

@Anonymous 

I was experimenting in my drafts and hit post....I should really edit and delete. I tried again in the appropriate thread but I'm missing something.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : As I found earlier on in Nezgar's thread this person is the earliest customer that is still active. Of course internal people and David_J are still or could be still around.

@Pipcan wrote:

It didn’t take long with Moderator, about an hour to get back to me then very clear instructions 

Today Mod has been good and reply quick.    Glad things work out

@Pipcan wrote:

It didn’t take long with Moderator, about an hour to get back to me then very clear instructions 

@Pipcan wow!  that was the quickest response time I'm heard of so far.  Good for you and kudos to the Moderator_Team.  

Thank you Pipcan for coming back and letting us know

RosieR

Pipcan

@Pipcan wrote:

Successfully changed my name through moderator

Hi @Pipcan cute name!  How long did it take to get a response from the Moderator Team?

Stay safe

RosieR

@Pipcan wrote:

Excellent, @Pipcan 

Knew you could.

Glad you stuck with it.

Pipcan

@BearFBI 

Thanks....(man). I didn't think it would be such an Ar(insert)do...us post to just answer the OP in an affrimative fashion. Lol....

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 's last name to jog your memory but I don't think mentioning one's first name is a big privacy/security issue as evidenced by ......

Nah. Its just a first name. You cant do much with that lol. 

BearFBI

@darlicious wrote:

@Pipcan 

Both @kb_mv and @BearFBI have changed their profile names. I'm not wrong am I Kevin and Armando?

Good memory ! Your right 

@BearFBI @kb_mv 

If we have a concern here please tell me and I will edit forthwith otherwise I am leaving said post on principle.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Pipcan 

Both @kb_mv and @BearFBI have changed their profile names. I'm not wrong am I xxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx?

@darlicious 

Well don't out them! And who's Kxxxx? I remember a kev-env. One could deduce/assume but it's not absolute.

@darlicious   I have to agree here with @Anonymous.  Those users changed their community usernames more than likely because it contained parts of their real names, so perhaps they don't want reminders?

Lets try this again.....

@Anonymous 

That was a typo so thanks for correcting my outing by outing.....I won't mention @BearFBI 's last name to jog your memory but I don't think mentioning one's first name is a big privacy/security issue as evidenced by ......

dar(licious)

@Pipcan wrote:

It’s not my email I want to change, it’s the Community Name

There is an option in the website's software for members to change the username. However, it has been disabled for most users. Can it technically be done? Yes.  I do think that this is something that doesn't affect someone's service, so Public Mobile may not wish to receive a bunch of Community username request changes. It's probably easier for all invoved to create a new Community account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Pipcan 

Both @kb_mv and @BearFBI have changed their profile names. I'm not wrong am I xxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx?

@darlicious 

Well don't out them!

Gonna edit yours now?

@Pipcan 

Both @kb_mv and @BearFBI have changed their profile names. I'm not wrong am I Kevin and Armando?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For new users, yes, changing the email address on the original community account and then abandoning the original account and making a new one would work. But for those people that used anything real for a username and if they had any activity in the community, then that username would live on.

Whereas, getting the username changed will then change the username for all previous posts.

Pipcan

It’s not my email I want to change, it’s the Community Name

benfatto

@Pipcan  On the other hand, why not just delete the email currently in your Community account and create a new one linked to your account email. 

@Pipcan wrote:

No I haven’t heard of anyone able to change Community Username. I will let you know if I manage

@Pipcan @softech 

Check out prior threads, in which a lot of Oracles / senior users appear to confirm it is changeable:

Solved: Community username - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Solved: Can you change your community username? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

[EDIT:   PM may have reservations where a change leads to usernames being virtually identical or easily confused for the other or repeated requests or requesting an offensive term. ]

Pipcan

No I haven’t heard of anyone able to change Community Username. I will let you know if I manage

@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS 

curious, did you hear if anyone able to change Community username?  The "bubble" replies:

softech_0-1614873751513.png

@softech    I believe they can.  There have been revisions made to a person's Community username that I've heard of (don't remember who the user was, just recall reading about it) - so it stands to reason the Moderators either have that capability or they can access support within their ranks to do so.

Perhaps SIMon is responding that way because it is not a user-changeable function?

Coincidentally, I've considered requesting mine be changed to remove the all-caps.  The only reason I don't bother is I don't want such a request to unintentionally create an undesired effect.   (ya know what i mean?)

@HALIMACS 

curious, did you hear if anyone able to change Community username?  The "bubble" replies:

softech_0-1614873751513.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Pipcan wrote:

Is there a way to change your user name?

Yes, you can change BOTH for either your Community or Self-Serve accounts/profiles.

To change username either on Community OR Self-Serve, you need to contact the Moderators.  Remember, the Community username is simply something you make up -  the Self-Serve username is the e-mail address associated with your account. 

The e-mail address showing on your Community profile is simply there as a way to correlate your Community activity towards your service account.  Making sure your Community and Self-Serve e-mail addresses are the same ensures any Community awards for Helping Others gets credited to the matching service account with the same e-mail.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

princepaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Capture.PNGI dont see 'username' tab in the settings.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Looks like the option has been removed.

princepaul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I dont believe we can. I am on the same boat. 

Need Help? Let's chat.