cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious missing posts

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi folks.

Have any of you wondered why your post counts, bravos, solutions have reduced in the past week or so?  I believe a thread or two had been started to discuss this.

I suspect it is due to the Porting assistance number, EDITED by ShawnC, yes a Moderator has confirmed with me that they are removing posts with the Telus porting support number in it.  If you find a member that is having an issue with a port it is best to send them a private message with the number.  The number is being called for nonporting issues and delaying staff to actually help with porting issues as that is all they can help with

Anyone suspect this is the reason for recent drops in users numbers? 

A quick search of the full phone number, and you'll find only results from about the most recent 24 hours - as I suspect the cleansing cycle occurs about every day or two.

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi folks.

Have any of you wondered why your post counts, bravos, solutions have reduced in the past week or so?  I believe a thread or two had been started to discuss this.

I suspect it is due to the Porting assistance number, EDITED by ShawnC, yes a Moderator has confirmed with me that they are removing posts with the Telus porting support number in it.  If you find a member that is having an issue with a port it is best to send them a private message with the number.  The number is being called for nonporting issues and delaying staff to actually help with porting issues as that is all they can help with

Anyone suspect this is the reason for recent drops in users numbers? 

A quick search of the full phone number, and you'll find only results from about the most recent 24 hours - as I suspect the cleansing cycle occurs about every day or two.

@HALIMACS  - this make perfect sense to me of the occurences in the last week.

I get that Public Mobile does not want that porting number to be given out frivolouslyBut if that is the best way to help the current user, I think that is the best advice, no?

As @mimmo said, we could private message these users, but that may inundate their Private Inbox and the thread will become broken,which could even cause the member more frustrations.

So Public Mobile may just need to clean up areas where that number exists once in a while.

But really, isn't there something they can to 'edit' the info. instead of remove it completely.

Find an Replace perhaps? Like, leave the thread and posts, but the post holding the phone number, edit the info. with other info. that may help, such as "post has been edited for "blah blah blah" reasons; then maybe add the Moderator_Team/SIMbot link" for further inquiries if others have the same issues happening?

What is so secret about the Porting number?  It was useful and needed.  They rather hide the number and upset new customers and have them cancel the service altogether?

There was the official post from PM around 2 weeks ago about new activation and porting.  I thought I see the porting number there, too.  But that post  was taken down for whatever reason

@mimmo 

The problem with that is they are deleting whole threads including statistical post/bravo/solution counts. When they should be just editing out the phone #. Pretty unfair for the recipient of the solution especially if its a member that doesn't earn very many solutions.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious   the official stance from PM (melinda)  is as follows:

"You can still give the number to customers in the Community only if they have a porting related issue."

edit i was thinking it might be better to send private messages with the tel number but then the poster might get 5-10 people with same idea.  posting in community i think is the easier way.  if mods want to delete the number afterwards  no problem

@HALIMACS 

Don't be surprised if you get a private message tomorrow morning asking you to refrain from using that number....it happened with the old porting department phone#.

@ShawnC13 

This probably explains the missing bravos ( bravo anomalies)I noticed after the removal of the bravo leaderboard. I had posted the old phone # a lot and if I look I bet that coincides with my cease and desist private message.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@ShawnC13 @darlicious

It's unfortunate that a private message campaign could not have been put together for the more active members of this community.

I'm pretty sure most would be diligent in keeping that number from being published in forum replies.

@HALIMACS communication has never been a strong point here.  There are times where even the Oracles get little or no notice of changes for us to help people as well.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 @darlicious

It's unfortunate that a private message campaign could not have been put together for the more active members of this community.

I'm pretty sure most would be diligent in keeping that number from being published in forum replies.

@HALIMACS@darlicious, I only got that info from a Mod as I was assisting another member.  I think I recall @mimmo or maybe @Dunkman posting about it earlier

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Thank you - I think there were several members wondering if and how this number ought to be used/referred. 

Your clarification makes perfect sense and provides reassurance that at least the number still holds purpose.

Suggestion noted. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Thanks for the update at least we have an explanation. Keeping the lines of communication open serves everyone best. Its not surprising that the abuse of a phone number happens when a month or more passes with 48+ hour wait times for even the most urgent of issues. A perfect example of why this happens is @Phil330  going on third time lucky support request to get the 5gb data bonus added.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Year-Savings-Get-your-second-month-...

Need Help? Let's chat.