cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My posts are disappearing!!!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

I had been logged in since about noon and actively reading and posting when I noticed that my posts had all disappeared.  My last post showing was three hours ago.... and I noticed that my name was not in the Users Online.... all the time being logged in.

I thought it was my laptop so I logged out, deleted my browsing history, cache and cookies, and restarted my computer.  

Now it is showing in Users Online that I am 26-24 which means that I am/was on 26mins and 24mins idle.  I have never (so far) been idle while I am logged in.

Any other members experiencing this today?

Edit:  and my lost posts are not in my Unmoderated Items list.  Weird!

59 REPLIES 59

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR When I follow the link I have to click on "my rejected items". Do you have that?

@kb_mv yes I do, but my posts that disappeared were not there.

@RosieR I guess yours were extra naughty, too hot to archive lol

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

My post didn't make sense as i had link in the post before that where you can find all your posts

It keeps disappearing i listed it 7 times here as response to you

productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

@kselmak the links were working before as I clicked one of them and then they disappeared.  No, my missing posts are not there... just gone.

@RosieR When I follow the link I have to click on "my rejected items". Do you have that?

@kb_mv yes I do, but my posts that disappeared were not there.

@kb_mv wrote:

This is one of the pics I sent a moderator that they said was too small to make anything out. Just a test so I can see it for myself.....

Untitled 4.11.31 PM.jpg

 Edit: Interesting that it appears plenty big enough for me to read when I click on it.....

@kb_mv geesh don't they know how to zoom?  On my laptop, I can just use my fingers to enlarge.  same with my phone.  Next time choose "large" for photo.... but edit now or your post could disappear. lol

@RosieR 

Do you see my rejected items tab?

This is where they may be

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That so wierd...... Too bad they cant make covid-19 disappear as well.

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

My post didn't make sense as i had link in the post before that where you can find all your posts

@kselmak the links were working before as I clicked one of them and then they disappeared.  No, my missing posts are not there... just gone.

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

This is one of the pics I sent a moderator that they said was too small to make anything out. Just a test so I can see it for myself.....

Untitled 4.11.31 PM.jpg

 Edit: Interesting that it appears plenty big enough for me to read when I click on it.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

I told them to check my rejected posts and they say they are not allowed into the account to look. Kind of a catch 22.....

Then the mod that helped me a couple weeks ago violated that. He scrubbed the whole conversation from my private messages. The problem was resolved. Just no evidence.

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Try changing wording, shortening and dropping some links and/or pictures

Just reposting won't work, for some reason filter didn't like it, but you probably won't figure out why. i think they oversharpened after latest bursts of spam attacks around here

@kselmak I couldn't as I was not aware it was happening.  Usually I see a note when I trip the posting filter like too many edits and the post would show up in my Unmoderated Items list.  But this time I lost approximately 3 hours of reading and posting.

@RosieR Hopefully this post makes it! 3rd try for this one....

I complained to a moderator. They told me to try a different browser or incognito mode. Doesn't seem to work for me.

I sent screen shots of my posts, they said they were too small to make anything out. I told them to check my rejected posts and they say they are not allowed into the account to look. Kind of a catch 22.....

@kb_mv yes this one showed.  I was thinking to report it to the moderators but I thought maybe it's just not me lol  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang this frustrates the blazes out of me. Early in my "career" here I had the same thing. The mods of the day did something when asked. Never again. I seem to think those mods were contracted out or something as they are no longer here and we have the current bunch who I seem to think are employees.

Anywho...the frustrating part about it all is the knowledge of how to turn this problem off for each user that asks, is gone.

And so we get all these threads talking about disappearing posts and magic dragons and whatnot. Waste. Of. Time.

Sigh

@kb_mv wrote:

@dude65 wrote:

@RosieR ....  have you figured it out yet? I know if you are logged in and if you dont do anything on the forum ( period of inactivity), it will log you out after some time. It can be frustrating until you realize this. 🙂

@dude65 I am never logged out after inactivity. I can't remember the last time I had to log in.

@kb_mv you must be special lol

@dude65 wrote:

@RosieR ....  have you figured it out yet? I know if you are logged in and if you dont do anything on the forum ( period of inactivity), it will log you out after some time. It can be frustrating until you realize this. 🙂

@dude65 no, I lost approximately 3 hours of reading and posting.  All my missing post were not in my Unmoderated Items... just gone!  yeah, it's frustrating for sure

@kb_mv 

Yes they are not correct, it's their spam filter not your browser

dude65

@kb_mv ....happens to me often. Log back in and good until the next time.

@RosieR 

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Just reposting won't work, for some reason filter didn't like it, but you probably won't figure out why. i think they oversharpened after latest bursts of spam attacks around here

@kselmak I couldn't as I was not aware it was happening.  Usually I see a note when I trip the posting filter like too many edits and the post would show up in my Unmoderated Items list.  But this time I lost approximately 3 hours of reading and posting.

@RosieR Hopefully this post makes it! 3rd try for this one....

I complained to a moderator. They told me to try a different browser or incognito mode. Doesn't seem to work for me.

I sent screen shots of my posts, they said they were too small to make anything out. I told them to check my rejected posts and they say they are not allowed into the account to look. Kind of a catch 22.....

@kselmak wrote:

@dude65 wrote:

@dude65 I am never logged out after inactivity. I can't remember the last time I had to log in.

Again it disappeared probably 7 the time

@kselmak @RosieR @HALIMACS @Spudster 

This is ridiculous. All my prior posts have disappeared on this thread. Interesting correlation by @kselmak  on the spam thing as this latest batch of missing posts also started at the same time.

All my missing posts are at;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

dude65

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If the link above is still available, click on my rejected items, you should be able to find all your disappeared posts and replies

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

See mine were banned instantly, this is probably 6th time I'm replying

I noticed it couple of days ago right after people complained about inboxes filling with junk

@HALIMACS wrote:

@RosieR 

Could it be the too many edits thing?  Or it got moved to a different thread?

@HALIMACS no not too many edits as they show posted and I could see the post and then they just all disappeared.  and they are not in my Unmodified Items list.  also no to moved thread because I can see the threads but my posts were not there.

@Spudster wrote:

Hi @RosieR 

good question

has this happened to you before?

@Spudster no, first time 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR 

Could it be the too many edits thing?  Or it got moved to a different thread?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @RosieR 

good question

has this happened to you before?

Need Help? Let's chat.