cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My posts are disappearing!!!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

I had been logged in since about noon and actively reading and posting when I noticed that my posts had all disappeared.  My last post showing was three hours ago.... and I noticed that my name was not in the Users Online.... all the time being logged in.

I thought it was my laptop so I logged out, deleted my browsing history, cache and cookies, and restarted my computer.  

Now it is showing in Users Online that I am 26-24 which means that I am/was on 26mins and 24mins idle.  I have never (so far) been idle while I am logged in.

Any other members experiencing this today?

Edit:  and my lost posts are not in my Unmoderated Items list.  Weird!

59 REPLIES 59

This is likely PMs automatic forum system settings. They might have updated something in the back end that's causing this because of all the recent spam.

Last time they did this was back in January or February ( I forget maybe March or April) and lots of people were affected including myself and other regular posters.

At that time for some regular posters. If they submitted a post then went right back to do one or two quick edits the post disappeared for moderator review.

For newer members it trigger alot of different things. Like same post on multiple threads under a certain time limit, etc.

PM at that time eventually fixed the issue. Not sure if they go to each person's username and edit something for the spam filter or if it's categories. They did something to my account as well as a few others so our posts would stop disappearing.

Sounds like they have to tweak it again. I've noticed newer members getting blocked again for different reasons.

One I noticed was copy and paste standard replies. Like how most just copy and paste their canned response to contact moderators. Do that under X amount of seconds on a few posts eventually the spam filter will activate and throw you in the moderator review bin lol.

So for time being maybe just stop using canned responses and write them out differently and you should be able to bypass the spam filter.

It clearly started happening more when  the spam private messages started. So that's an indication that it's the community forums automatic spam filter settings that will need a bit of a tweaking. 

Happy Posting 😁

@darlicious I think you may be on to something. I've noticed that some members use the 'insert link' option. I wonder if this is a part of the reason

@kselmak 

A link can trigger the spam filter....I wonder what is "linking"  all of you experiencing this issue right now?

@RosieR 

You are definetly doing something to annoy **poof** the magic disappearing post dragon. Why dont you take a couple if screenshots of your unmoderated posts and either send them to me privately or post them here and i will take a look at them to see if i can identify the issue.

Nope, that's not it @gpixel 

i still see yours...  😏

I noticed that links are problem

If i copy the post and get rid of the link it may stay.

Even just the text link may trigger it, i had very short message with the link to moderators message and it kicked the bucket instantly, then i copied it but remove the link just left the text of the actual link and i could look at it for a minute, then that one was in the graveyard the next minute.

I'm absolutely certain they are sharpening it because of spam

maybe they are deleting redundant posts 🤫🤭😆. just kidding guys, just kidding 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have any of you tried composing offline in whatever editor and then copy/paste into this box?

It just really sucks that this is happening to folks that have become regulars and are keen to participate.

Oh for the experience and knowledge of yore. Mary_M and Shazia_K wherefore art thou. You are still sorely missed for your wisdom.

@RosieR 

This happened to me earlier as well.

Were you, by any chance, pasting/copying something into your reply on the posts that were disappearing?

Another one bites the dust  😡😡😡

and another

I think I will go make a Tiktok video

@darlicious thank you for the tips.  I am not as patient as you.  I am getting really pi$$ed!!!

Dear PM bot, erase this if you wish!

@RosieR 

This phenomenom is most prevalent in the first 4 months or so of your participation in the community. Depending on your activity level will determine how quickly the spam filter gets to know you...... keep in mind the tips @Tiana_V  supplied in my thread....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/poof-the-magic-dragon-disappearing...

Most helpful for me was making nicely spaced paragraphs.....soon after i had posted her tips I stopped having posts disappear......which is why i put more weight on the length of time.....

@kb_mv well this one posted.  Same with my post on this thread, but my other posts found their way to my reject list.  sigh

@RosieR After 7 posts/replies in a row all immediately disappearing, I again went to the moderators. The fact that they are apparently unable to access our rejected posts makes it difficult to talk to some of them. I received a reply (after a very carefully worded and compiled complaint) that they could see only 1 out of 1200ish posts. They seemed to completely ignore what I had written. I again put together a better reply with more pictures (I used large ones) and that seemed to do the trick. They forwarded my concerns and assured me they would let me know when they had it fixed. Until then I will take a holiday from posting as it really is annoying to put the effort into helping someone only to have it rejected for no reason.

So here we go @RosieR , I am pushing the post button. Fingers crossed. 

Darn!  Darn!  Darn!!!  my posts are being rejected again!  I think it's time for me to say goodnight.... at 7pm sigh

If this happens again tomorrow.  well then, I'd say goodnight again... even if it's not night!!!  grrrr

@Anonymous Dang this frustrates the blazes out of me. Early in my "career" here I had the same thing

"career" lol, I can't stop laughing 😂

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv I found one I posted here in the rejects list. I didn't know it disappeared.  I did not edit it.  anyway, thank you again, kb.  

@RosieR mIne frequently disappear upon initial posting, no edits required. On minute it says, success and the next minute poof!

@kb_mv that was exactly what happened to me today.  I see my post posted and I even read them.. no problem.  Then must have disappeared after and I didn't realize until 3 hours later.  One post disappearing I would probably not notice, but all I posted within 3 hours?

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv I found one I posted here in the rejects list. I didn't know it disappeared.  I did not edit it.  anyway, thank you again, kb.  

@RosieR mIne frequently disappear upon initial posting, no edits required. On minute it says, success and the next minute poof!

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

Do you see my rejected items tab?

This is where they may be

@kselmak yes I did, I checked my rejected items page and it shows that my last failed post was from 2 weeks ago.  

@RosieR Just a thought, if you have more than one page check them as well. I found that mine are not always in chronological order......

@kb_mv oh I thought it was chronological. darn!  yes, I found my missing posts ... on the 3rd page.  sigh  thanks for letting me know, kb. 

@RosieR Mine often are not in any particular order. I will find new ones in with weeks ago ones.

@Anonymous wrote:

Check My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout. I have default oldest first. They fiddled with that a few weeks ago. Maybe they're fiddling with things again.

@Anonymous This doesn't seem to have any impact on my Rejected Items list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout. I have default oldest first. They fiddled with that a few weeks ago. Maybe they're fiddling with things again.

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

That is really strange

Are you by any chance on data saver?

Or do you have WiFi boost where you're connection alternates between data and WiFi, i noticed that when I switch I'm really logged out but when I get my WiFi back I'm logged in again, can they be losing owner of the post that way? 

@kselmak I am using a laptop so on WIFI all the time.  I finally found my missing post in my rejected items..... on page 3.  I was not aware that it was not chronologically arranged. sigh

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

@kselmak yes I did, I checked my rejected items page and it shows that my last failed post was from 2 weeks ago.  

@RosieR Just a thought, if you have more than one page check them as well. I found that mine are not always in chronological order......

@kb_mv oh I thought it was chronological. darn!  yes, I found my missing posts ... on the 3rd page.  sigh  thanks for letting me know, kb. 

@RosieR Mine often are not in any particular order. I will find new ones in with weeks ago ones.

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

That is really strange

Or do you have WiFi boost where you're connection alternates between data and WiFi, i noticed that when I switch I'm really logged out but when I get my WiFi back I'm logged in again, can they be losing owner of the post that way? 

@kselmak @RosieR I am never on this site on my phone. Always my desktop computer and wifi and still lose a whack of posts from time to time.

@RosieR 

That is really strange

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR When I follow the link I have to click on "my rejected items". Do you have that?

@kb_mv yes I do, but my posts that disappeared were not there.

@RosieR I guess yours were extra naughty, too hot to archive lol

@kb_mv so coal for me this christmas huh? 😢

@RosieR wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

@dude65 wrote:

That so wierd...... Too bad they cant make covid-19 disappear as well.

@dude65 so weird!!!

@kselmak wrote:

@RosieR 

Need Help? Let's chat.