Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Hello to @CS_Agent 

Just wanted to post some feedback for the site

There are a couple of members using what I would consider to be inappropriate user names for forums

Especially in light of the issues you posted with announcements regarding fraud lately

Since you have the ability to black list certain words you should also make it so new users can not in future even use similar terms when creating accounts

@Moderator 

@admoderator 

8 REPLIES 8

Hey I STILL get people messaging me randomly sending me details like credit card info

I have no idea why (even wrote I am NOT in my profile to try and eliminate)

I suspect some are less technical savvy so I suggested this should be blocked even though old idea lab is closed

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c 

A valid concern....I think it would be best to send a private message to Melinda with a list of usernames of concern so that pm can come up plan or assign a moderator the task of contacting members with obviously confusing or deceptive names and require them to choose a new userame and assist in the changing of the name that will lead to greater security for community members and users.

Surely if big_rick can get permanently banned in less than 24 hours then these possibly more harmful usernames can be handled in a manner that benefits everyone.

Do the basic legwork to bring it to public mobiles attention and follow up to see how they are progressing to affect the change. If you think the problem is important enough its up to you to initiate the possible solution to the issue. We all know its DIY at pm.

yeah.. I found couple "moderator" that are not in fact moderator

I think the mod should approach them and ask assist them to change to some more appropriate names instead.  

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's somewhat self-controlling. When someone sends a pm asking for a bunch of information and the customer balks and comes here and asks and we tell them to look for the blue MOD icon then it's all good. It's if the customer doesn't bother to ask here that could lead to trouble. Can that icon be hacked? Dunno.

For sure, @Anonymous , we might "hope" new users would come here and ask away, however it's too easy for someone to impersonate a PM employee through Private Messaging and seek out personal information from a new PM customer.

Heck, all they have to do is create a username with anything that might resemble that of an employee (i can think of dozens which might be used...but i'm not gonna give them ideas), and if they catch an unsuspecting new member, it's not a great way to start off.

There's also the vast differences from Moderator to Moderator when it comes to style and approach in responding and verifying that might even lead a seasoned online user to wonder whether the sender is a PM employee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's somewhat self-controlling. When someone sends a pm asking for a bunch of information and the customer balks and comes here and asks and we tell them to look for the blue MOD icon then it's all good. It's if the customer doesn't bother to ask here that could lead to trouble. Can that icon be hacked? Dunno.

@mimmo wrote:

@kav2001c  it's probably best to contact mods directly via chat bot and submit a ticket.  Their monitoring of / participation in the forum is very hot and miss.

Or tag a pm employee like @Melinda_H .

Yes, @mimmo ,   i find it "hot" as well.   🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, @kav2001c , the issue you raise is a great one.  I recently supplied a response to a recent user to show them how to find out all the names of the moderators with PM by searching the word "Moderator" , then selecting "USERS"

It lists all users with the MOD designation after their name, however, (as you've aptly identified), it also lists all sorts of other users with variations of the word Moderator within their username.

I agree with you 100% that Public Mobile should be wiping these users and disallowing anyone to use a username that contains anything with Moderator or Public Mobile or the username.   Sure, the seasoned users know how to distinguish, however many new members would have little idea until perhaps they've divulged too much to someone.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting find @kav2001c - the Mods do watch the forums you can directly tell them in the SIMon chatbot or message them directly!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c  it's probably best to contact mods directly via chat bot and submit a ticket.  Their monitoring of / participation in the forum is very hot and miss.

Or tag a pm employee like @Melinda_H .

Need Help? Let's chat.