cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator response time not so great lately...

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I submitted a ticket for one of my PM accounts, I accidentally put the wrong birthdate and I thought it wasn't a big deal as I can contact the moderators. Too bad there isint an option in selfserve.

Well. I contacted them and 2 hours pass by. I was a bit surprised as moderators usually respond faster, Anyways its 8 hours in and there is still no response. Its not important or anything but still. I remember I got responses in 2 hours mabey less. 

I've also contacted moderators before about something elese not too long ago. Again it took them longer than usual to reply.

Its not really an issue but if it was an issue it would be pretty inconvenient to be down without phone for 8+ hours.

I'm impatient. Lol 

28 REPLIES 28

@popping 

I'm finding late night service to be great....I think there are very few requests that can be accomplished without customer imput which is few and far between when the majority of the country is sleeping. So if you are a night owl and you show that you are online then Andu (usually) will jump on your request for something to do.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I create a ticket on one night after hours and I was expecting my ticket to be serviced next morning.  But it was serviced a few hours later(shortly after midnight MT).

@prairiedogbob 

Wow that is impressive. I've had one response about that quick too but it was quite awhile ago. Thanks for the update its good to know current response times.

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I realize this is an old thread but other than starting a new one it's summed up what I want to talk about today which was my moderator response time to my private message. I don't know but it seemed to take an awfully long time...... a whole 11 minutes for them to respond to my request. So anybody complaining that they get crappy service from public mobile I beg to differ I don't think you can even get through to telus and past that dang computer talking lady in 11 minutes to even reach the right Department. Well done public mobile and Well Done moderators thank you!

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI 

I found the moderator response to be quite timely. But I haven't needed any moderator support in about a month so im assuming things have changed.

@ShawnC13 

I'm sure @BearFBI has curtailed his daily run preferring to take the increased health risk of exercising at the gym until winter sets in and it's hibernation time.

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

And all is right in the community again! There just might be a big cuddly bear in @ShawnC13  after all!

I don't see that happening lol

https://globalnews.ca/video/7307155/bear-is-caught-on-camera-taking-a-swipe-at-a-jogger-on-a-coquitl...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

There are 9 moderators are online at the moment.  Let us hope that they will clear some of the support tickets backlog and return to the same day respond.

@CFPartDeux 

No I had more of an image in my head of one of the Bernstein bears.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

And all is right in the community again! There just might be a big cuddly bear in @ShawnC13  after all!

One of these? 🐻  🐼  🐨 

C'mon now, let's not go THAT far! 😉 🤣

@BearFBI 

All good @BearFBI it happens I justed wanted to make sure it was clear that it wasn't an Oracle who selected the first solution

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BearFBI

@ShawnC13 Hmm. Mabey I am just going crazy. I could've accidentally clicked the accept as solution button.

Whatever happend it was a mistake and that post was not meant to be the solution. Sorry about that.

Sorry about the comment on the moderators too.

@BearFBI wrote:

@ShawnC13 I've never accepted that post as a solution. The only person that can accept other posts as a solution is an oracle......

I removed the solution that magically appeared and changed it to darlicious's post because that sounded more like the solution.

@BearFBI, you are correct that only the OP or an Oracle can accept a solution.  An Oracle can't make the solution look like it was chosen by the OP though and here is the email I received.

ShawnC13_0-1600114253914.png

BearFBI

@ShawnC13 I've never accepted that post as a solution. The only person that can accept other posts as a solution is an oracle......

I removed the solution that magically appeared and changed it to darlicious's post because that sounded more like the solution.

@darlicious my comment was made based on the part of the post mentioning that moderators are getting on his nerves.  I still stand by it that this was uncalled for no matter who was said by. As you have experienced and witnessed comments like this can also lead to bans

Now @BearFBI after my post yesterday you have it the solution I see in my notifications, I was going to remove that today but I see you already have changed it so there is game in your method here.  Not sure the point of signing solutions and changing them.  I do not want the solution for this as I don't think there is a correct solution to the OP as it was a statement that you were experiencing longer wait times.  What we don't know is when you created the trouble ticket.  Was it a weekend, done during moderator off hours, even complexity of issues to gather information.  While the wait may have been over two hours again we know it can be much longer.  

@darlicious wrote:

Now get your shammy out there's some chrome that needs polishing......

Ahhh..I wouldn’t do that. You are just going to find some rust that you didn’t know was there..

AE_Collector

@BearFBI 

When I joined a year ago 24 to 48 hours was a normal response time with some requests taking up to a week. Simon had just been introduced and there were fewer moderators working. Public mobile put a colossal effort into fixing the long waits for customer service as it was their biggest drawback to switching was the inability to get timely service for account issues that only moderators can fix.....this is how so many work arounds came about  and why the longtime members, oracles current or retired deserve respect for the years and yards of duct tape they used to keep this jalopy that is public mobile going .....

Many new members who have joined the community this year don't quite realise that this ride needs a regular mechanic and that's you and i for the most part.. You happened to switch right after the new paint job so she looked real good then. But a  jalopy is no lambourghi and never will be.....and if you want the flashy arm candy service that goes with Italian motoring perfection it comes at a cost.

Saying all that I have noticed longer response times and I fully expect that for non urgent issues. I always prioritize my service requests giving the moderators a timeline....from urgent (failed port or no service) to before my next renewal to direct question that they need not respond to if they are busy. But despite @ShawnC13  admonishment  you did raise a good question as to what. the current wait time is for moderator contact so that we can properly advise members seeking moderator assistance.....its easy to say 2 to 48 hours but its better to be able to add....but this week they are averaging 8 to 12 hours for non urgent requests. Perhaps we can help resolve your issue quicker than waiting for a moderator......and teach other non regular community members self management of their service.

Gen Xers, millenials, baby boomers, hippies to nimbys, yuppies to empty nesters we're an eclectic mix here in the community with different expectations stemming from our diverse backgrounds. Now get your shammy out there's some chrome that needs polishing......

they might respond faster during weekday hours and not many tickets at that time.

BearFBI

@ShawnC13 

"It is stated that response time can take up to 48+ hours.  You are aware of that.  Any response before then is an acceptable time."

Yes it is stated but I dont see it stated anymore. If you speak to SIMon and ask "Moderator response time" He says this "Usually, that is within a couple of hours, but in peak periods, it could be longer."

So 2 hours is or under is normal. If in "peak periods" I wouldn't expect another 8 hours for a response. Oh well. Im not complaining i just posted this wondering if anybody elese has had slower moderator response times recently.

BearFBI

@chaletrimouski I'm glad the moderators responded to you ! 

I actually just got a reply from a moderator to my ticket. I guess the moderator response time is just a bit longer now. Oh well patience is key. It could also be because its the weekend.

chaletrimouski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moderator eventually came thru for me. Thanks so much!

@BearFBI wrote:

Moderators are getting on my nerves lately. 

@BearFBI, after your recent behaviour and being banned.  I don't think you are in any position to make such a comment.

It is stated that response time can take up to 48+ hours.  You are aware of that.  Any response before then is an acceptable time.

popping

@BearFBI 

There were over 10 moderators online when we got a few hours response time.

But for the past week, there were about 6 or 7 moderators online on weekdays. 

BTW there is only 5 moderators online at the moment.  With the backlog, the response time will be long.

We should try to help members to solve their issues first and don't ask them to create support ticket for non-account access related issues.

BearFBI

@gpixel 

"welcome back good sir! 👏"

Thanks. Im happy to be back. My ban was another "misscomunication" among the moderator team. 🙄

BearFBI

@esjliv hmm. Public seems to have a lot of "miscommunications" among their moderator team. 

When 4 hours pass by, I know I'm not gonna get a response back. Every ticket I've submitted that has passed 4 hours there has been no response. I have the same feeling about this one too.... 

Thats why I posted about it here on the community. Really to be honest these past few months ticket response times have not been 24-48 hours. Ticket response times are usually around 2 hours now, Even SIMon says that.

Whats the possibility of a ticket getting lost ? Knowing my luck it's probably lost.

@gpixel What ! Thats insane. Something is definitely messed. Have they fired half their moderator team recently. Lol

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI my recent issue took 2 days to resolve. whatever... I manage my account to the point where I never need them for important things

it was 2-3 messages a day within a span of 12 hours. but he at least told me to wait till the next day. Walter did good though 👍

miscommunication is a good thing 😉

welcome back good sir! 👏

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI ,

There does seem to be more recent posts about someone submitting a ticket, and it has been 24-48+ hours, and still no response.

I hope this is just a temporary lapse of communication and things get zippy again; including to you!

🙄

Need Help? Let's chat.