cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Re: Moderator response time not so great lately...

they might respond faster during weekday hours and not many tickets at that time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

When I joined a year ago 24 to 48 hours was a normal response time with some requests taking up to a week. Simon had just been introduced and there were fewer moderators working. Public mobile put a colossal effort into fixing the long waits for customer service as it was their biggest drawback to switching was the inability to get timely service for account issues that only moderators can fix.....this is how so many work arounds came about  and why the longtime members, oracles current or retired deserve respect for the years and yards of duct tape they used to keep this jalopy that is public mobile going .....

Many new members who have joined the community this year don't quite realise that this ride needs a regular mechanic and that's you and i for the most part.. You happened to switch right after the new paint job so she looked real good then. But a  jalopy is no lambourghi and never will be.....and if you want the flashy arm candy service that goes with Italian motoring perfection it comes at a cost.

Saying all that I have noticed longer response times and I fully expect that for non urgent issues. I always prioritize my service requests giving the moderators a timeline....from urgent (failed port or no service) to before my next renewal to direct question that they need not respond to if they are busy. But despite @ShawnC13  admonishment  you did raise a good question as to what. the current wait time is for moderator contact so that we can properly advise members seeking moderator assistance.....its easy to say 2 to 48 hours but its better to be able to add....but this week they are averaging 8 to 12 hours for non urgent requests. Perhaps we can help resolve your issue quicker than waiting for a moderator......and teach other non regular community members self management of their service.

Gen Xers, millenials, baby boomers, hippies to nimbys, yuppies to empty nesters we're an eclectic mix here in the community with different expectations stemming from our diverse backgrounds. Now get your shammy out there's some chrome that needs polishing......

View solution in original post

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Now get your shammy out there's some chrome that needs polishing......

Ahhh..I wouldn’t do that. You are just going to find some rust that you didn’t know was there..

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious my comment was made based on the part of the post mentioning that moderators are getting on his nerves.  I still stand by it that this was uncalled for no matter who was said by. As you have experienced and witnessed comments like this can also lead to bans

Now @BearFBI after my post yesterday you have it the solution I see in my notifications, I was going to remove that today but I see you already have changed it so there is game in your method here.  Not sure the point of signing solutions and changing them.  I do not want the solution for this as I don't think there is a correct solution to the OP as it was a statement that you were experiencing longer wait times.  What we don't know is when you created the trouble ticket.  Was it a weekend, done during moderator off hours, even complexity of issues to gather information.  While the wait may have been over two hours again we know it can be much longer.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 I've never accepted that post as a solution. The only person that can accept other posts as a solution is an oracle......

I removed the solution that magically appeared and changed it to darlicious's post because that sounded more like the solution.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@BearFBI wrote:

@ShawnC13 I've never accepted that post as a solution. The only person that can accept other posts as a solution is an oracle......

I removed the solution that magically appeared and changed it to darlicious's post because that sounded more like the solution.

@BearFBI, you are correct that only the OP or an Oracle can accept a solution.  An Oracle can't make the solution look like it was chosen by the OP though and here is the email I received.

ShawnC13_0-1600114253914.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 Hmm. Mabey I am just going crazy. I could've accidentally clicked the accept as solution button.

Whatever happend it was a mistake and that post was not meant to be the solution. Sorry about that.

Sorry about the comment on the moderators too.

ShawnC13
Oracle

All good @BearFBI it happens I justed wanted to make sure it was clear that it wasn't an Oracle who selected the first solution

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

And all is right in the community again! There just might be a big cuddly bear in @ShawnC13  after all!

CFPartDeux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

And all is right in the community again! There just might be a big cuddly bear in @ShawnC13  after all!

One of these? 🐻  🐼  🐨 

C'mon now, let's not go THAT far! 😉 🤣

Need Help? Let's chat.