cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message upon refresh

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Anyone else ever get this message when refreshing their Community page? It has only ever happened one other time to me before.

esjliv_0-1637798170322.png

And before you post how to fix it...well, it is fixed after clearing cookies.

15 REPLIES 15

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

Anyone else ever get this message when refreshing their Community page? It has only ever happened one other time to me before.

That's new for me and I use Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera...But I'm very stingy with cookies, especially third party ones.

Oh, the irony @esjliv 

Except,  with your cookies, you unleashed the monster.

LOL

@HALIMACS wrote:

Interesting, @esjliv 

I'm guessing the problem will not recur for quite some time.

Has it been awhile since you've cleared your cookies?  Did you have 1000's of cookies (like, more than even the cookie monster could handle?)

🤣🤣🤣

@HALIMACS 

esjliv_0-1637802374750.png

Interesting, @esjliv 

I'm guessing the problem will not recur for quite some time.

Has it been awhile since you've cleared your cookies?  Did you have 1000's of cookies (like, more than even the cookie monster could handle?)

🤣🤣🤣

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv Brave browser is an web browser based on Chromium similar to Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. It's not a very common browser, but it has higher privacy settings. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

@esjliv 

An obvious troubleshooting tip may be to only run a few tabs at a time with the same browser (and same device) to see if the problem persists.

I, personally, have never seen this message on either a mobile device or laptop I use.  I generally don't have more than a few tabs open at a time.

You may also want to try using a different device and the same numbers of tabs and other circumstances just to troubleshoot whether it's network related or device related.

[EDIT:   @esjliv ,  I'm guessing running incognito would avoid this message if it becomes bothersome  ]

@HALIMACS  - going incognito was my first move. It worked fine that way, so I knew it was a Chrome issue for just the Public Mobile site. All my other tabs were hunky dory though!

Clearing cache did not fix it in Chrome, but clearing cookies did.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv 

i use Browser microsoft edge and do update to any Browser for latest version,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

good luck and enjoyed...

@esjliv 

An obvious troubleshooting tip may be to only run a few tabs at a time with the same browser (and same device) to see if the problem persists.

I, personally, have never seen this message on either a mobile device or laptop I use.  I generally don't have more than a few tabs open at a time.

You may also want to try using a different device and the same numbers of tabs and other circumstances just to troubleshoot whether it's network related or device related.

[EDIT:   @esjliv ,  I'm guessing running incognito would avoid this message if it becomes bothersome  ]

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

"Request Entity Too Large" - sounds like I am overloading the system or something, which really...can't say I am. All I am doing is trying the load the main Community page.

Google says:

esjliv_0-1637799464532.png

EDIT: now, I am guilty with having 1/2 dozen or even a dozen tabs open at once of different sites, but only the Community Page result this.

Not a big deal. Just curious.

@esjliv wrote:

@softech  - I am using Chrome.

thanks @esjliv   .. so it is an Edge-Chrome disease so far..  let see if someone jumps in and tell us Firefox is not immuned, either

@LeePublic which browser you use?  i want to know if it is an Edge-disease

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   happened to me all the time!!!  it seems like  only happening on Edge.. at least for me. what browser are you using?

for me .. close all the Edge browser and relaunch and then good for a day or two

@softech  - I am using Chrome.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think I've ever received a message like that, but thanks for the notice! @esjliv 

I use Brave browser.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

Never. I use Firefox if that makes any diff.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@esjliv   happened to me all the time!!!  it seems like  only happening on Edge.. at least for me. what browser are you using?

for me .. close all the Edge browser and relaunch and then good for a day or two

Need Help? Let's chat.