cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail box

Layla2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you delete read messages in you mail box?

13 REPLIES 13

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

set up yer own board . 

Thats the problem with working for someone else  ...their  workplace, their rules. 😒

@barndoor 

PM eliminated the discussions board so where else can we have a discussion? I agree an automatic edit flag would be good thing. I will always indicate an edit unless it's a minor typo or spelling mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Indeed. I have seen that on other forums. A flag goes up that the post has been edited. (often not inside a short period of time) I just think it's proper protocol to indicate what an edit was. And I see that in other forums.

barndoor

It really would be better if it had an automatic edit notation that comes up when a post is edited .  so wordings don't get changed without other participants  and readers knowing changes have been made to the original post . ... but thats more for a discussion board rather than a help board like this I suppose . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Layla2 : To add to the learning curve...if you click on the 3 dots in the upper right of your post, you can edit the post. No need to write another post with a correction. In real time helping people though, it's customary (from my experiences elsewhere and here) to make it obvious that what you just did was an edit. But in your own thread it doesn't matter.

Koombassi

@Anonymous 

You're walking my path! The more you ask, the more you know, the better you get!!

@Layla2 

See, I just made a mistake. Thought I was responding to you and chose @Anonymous  in error. Thanks to @Anonymous, I easily corrected my post

Layla2

We can’t control the way people react, respond, replay…. 

I am new to this “question” asking. And I’m sure I’ll mess up again. 

it’s all a learning curve! 

Layla2

**** not laid out****

Layla2

Thank you very much. I see now. 

should be simpler with a “touch and hold” for a delete option to pop up. I know my way around a computers. Not later out all that well… just saying

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Yes. I afterwards discovered the batch processing option. It was off.

barndoor

Umm  thats if you want to do them one at a time  ...you can also check the box and select delete checked messages if you like to really watch the lights flicker . 

Really there are no words  ...they spend time on this  and they still show your account as expired when it's not  ... wtf 

oops I see esjiiv beat me to it . 👍   ....for those like me that can't see that is supposed to be a thumbs up and not a bird .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Layla2 wrote:

How do you delete read messages in you mail box?

@Layla2 

You can delete multiple messages all at once if you like.

Go to the 3 dots ensure Batch Processing is enabled.

esjliv_1-1628221331776.png

Then check/tick boxes for messages you want to delete. Go back to the 3 dots and "Delete Checked".

esjliv_0-1628221331774.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

z10user4_0-1628192464505.png

Need Help? Let's chat.