cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Acceptable Apps etc... for Topics in the Community Forum

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Hi Diddley Ho! Community Memberinos!

I thought I would start a list of acceptable topics, apps etc....that a thread can be started on in the main community forum that will not have to be moved to the lounge by the oracles thus wasting their valuable time and ours trying to contribute to the betterment of the community and instead cluttering up our lounge with shop talk!

Unless told otherwise I'm sure they can be mentioned in passing but please do not start threads or devote major portions of if threads to their discussion. Stick to pm services, problems, glitches, bugs, troubleshooting and subjects related to your phone. So on to the list......

Yay!!  A Okay!

• Your phone's native dialer app
  • Your phone's native texting app
  • Camera functionality
  • Voicemail
  • Call forwarding
  • RCS and iMessage
  • ?

Nay!! Not Okay!

• Fongo and other voip apps
  • Textnow, Textme and other non native texting apps
  • Camera (phone) comparison photography
  • Whatsapp and others
  • Facetime, messenger et al...
  • Humour even in the lounge....to quote webby "tread lightly...." featuring Apathy...
  • ?

I will continue to update these lists as we recieve feedback from the oracle team as to what they deem as acceptable topics for the main forum so we as community members can have clear and concise boundaries so as to not to cause misunderstandings and advise customers off topic.

Feel free to post any queries as to a subject you're interested in raising so you can get feedback as to what board to post in or if its lounge worthy or not? Keeping moved posts to a minimum will save a lot of busy work for the oracles and make the community a cleaner and more navigable for all!

Rest assured copy and pasted portions of the help articles and how to contact the moderators are always acceptable in the main community forum ....how else would we get solutions to our issues?!!

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Hi Diddley Ho! Community Memberinos!

I thought I would start a list of acceptable topics, apps etc....that a thread can be started on in the main community forum that will not have to be moved to the lounge by the oracles thus wasting their valuable time and ours trying to contribute to the betterment of the community and instead cluttering up our lounge with shop talk!

Unless told otherwise I'm sure they can be mentioned in passing but please do not start threads or devote major portions of if threads to their discussion. Stick to pm services, problems, glitches, bugs, troubleshooting and subjects related to your phone. So on to the list......

Yay!!  A Okay!

• Your phone's native dialer app
  • Your phone's native texting app
  • Camera functionality
  • Voicemail
  • Call forwarding
  • RCS and iMessage
  • ?

Nay!! Not Okay!

• Fongo and other voip apps
  • Textnow, Textme and other non native texting apps
  • Camera (phone) comparison photography
  • Whatsapp and others
  • Facetime, messenger et al...
  • ?

I will continue to update these lists as we recieve feedback from the oracle team as to what they deem as acceptable topics for the main forum so we as community members can have clear and concise boundaries so as to not to cause misunderstandings and advise customers off topic.

Feel free to post any queries as to a subject you're interested in raising so you can get feedback as to what board to post in or if its lounge worthy or not? Keeping moved posts to a minimum will save a lot of busy work for the oracles and make the community a cleaner and more navigable for all!

Rest assured copy and pasted portions of the help articles and how to contact the moderators are always acceptable in the main community forum ....how else would we get solutions to our issues?!!

@darlicious I don't really understand the purpose of this. I do get you are trying to be helpful and perhaps streamline topics/threads.

So...whether topics are Public Mobile related or not; or Community Forum worthy?

Not sure how this be helpful for new or existing customers; especially as this may just get added on and flooded with mixed information.

@softech correct people that come in here to get help with their service or to solely help others with their PM service wouldn't need to see off-topic posts.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

not the Bravos.. I still check and reply there...

but PM does not treat The Lounge equally themselves, too..  Latest Posts and Latest Topics do not include posts in  The Lounge 

Many ppl, especially newbies does not even know those posts exist there.. posts there definitely got less attention  and being discussed less.

haha... my  favorite example.. we had a post in the lounge for at least a week or 2,  the person was not even aware that he was under the spotlight .. and he was still working hard with his "side business" until he was tagged...

@softech, I am not sure why everyone thinks threads are STUCK when put in the lounge they still get replies and views.  Do people think they are stuck or thrown to the abyss because Bravo's don't count in there.  If Bravo's did do you think people would still feel the same about The Lounge?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@softech wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious if people did as you suggested  "Stick to pm services, problems, glitches, bugs, troubleshooting and subjects related to your phone"  for topics and replies would such a list be needed?

.. and I guess we only need 3 boards here..

1. The Announcement 
  2. User Your Service 
  3. The Lounge

simple and easy for everyone to follow

@softech wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious if people did as you suggested  "Stick to pm services, problems, glitches, bugs, troubleshooting and subjects related to your phone"  for topics and replies would such a list be needed?

1. The Announcement 
  2. User Your Service 
  3. The Lounge

@softech that is what exactly we have been asking for since The Lounge was started

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : This looks like a great time to pull out the ol' Picard?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

1. The Announcement 
  2. User Your Service 
  3. The Lounge

yeah I would be game for that.

@mimmo wrote:

1. The Announcement 
  2. User Your Service 
  3. The Lounge

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hopefully the new community redesign will make posting things clearer,  hoping it comes sooner than later.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I understand PM would try to limit our discussion to PM related issue only 

But I think sections like Phones and Hardware could be loosen up a bit..  if it is straight PM related issue only, Phone and Hardware sould be a place to discuss ONLY Phones sold by PM only.  Other phones without PM "blessing" will be be in the Lounge.. and all APN issues would be on Using Your Service and wouldn't even make the cut to be in the Phone /Hardware section.

To be honest, I though  the Lounge is a place for topics that are totally unrelated to phone.. but seems like anything that not helping PM to keep the business will be in the Lounge..  that would explain why Photos or Fongo are now stuck in the Lounge.. 

Need Help? Let's chat.