cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this offer legitimate?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello! We are giving away a brand new iPhone 12! You can take part today! Go here -- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~~ and complete easy sign up for a chance to win iPhone 12 Pro. Good luck!

23 REPLIES 23

BEER

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Is this SPAM fishing for a members account login info? Because if you do not read the email closely and enter your PM Account ID and PW  instead of the PM Community account login info. The spammer may have access to your account.

If you did this I would recommend changing your password immediately. One can't be too careful these days.

Not to worry -- I did not enter any info even though at first I did think that it may be a PM promotion. I did post the entire message  and hope the moderators will delete that account.

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is this SPAM fishing for a members account login info? Because if you do not read the email closely and enter your PM Account ID and PW  instead of the PM Community account login info. The spammer may have access to your account.

If you did this I would recommend changing your password immediately. One can't be too careful these days.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER 

It’s Spam I got one too. 

Jlund
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

These unsolicited emails in your pm inbox should be reported to PM. 

@BEER wrote:

But this message was already posted on this forum by the scammers . However I do see your point in that just perhaps a very rash person may not bother to read the post and just accept this scam offer.

The OP posted what he found in his private messages. The OP is NOT one of the scammers. 

BEER

But this message was already posted on this forum by the scammers . However I do see your point in that just perhaps a very rash person may not bother to read the post and just accept this scam offer.

Just my opinion. PM has covered how to handle and to have copy and pasted the unsolicited email into the forum, with URLs, was not a bright idea. 

BEER

Yes I just turned off all notifications --   thank you.

@BEER 

Did you get an email and a private message? The bf did because he never uses his community account so his default settings are on......all mine are off.... i visit everyday i dont need twice as many notifications bothering me when im offline.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@BEER Was it a private message or a text message? Anyone can sign up here and send you a private message. It has nothing to do with your cell phone number? Or do you mean something else completely?

I may be wrong - in addition to the private message I think that I also got a text message with the same offer.

@BEER See my reply above your last post.

BEER

@kb_mv wrote:

@BEER Was it a private message or a text message? Anyone can sign up here and send you a private message. It has nothing to do with your cell phone number? Or do you mean something else completely?

I may be wrong - in addition to the private message I think that I also got a text message with the same offer.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER Did you receive a spam text message or a text notification that you have a PM? If that's the case try below:

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 1.44.08 PM.png

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

In addition to a text message I also Just got a private message from (cut and pasted below)

Don't understand how they also got my PM cel number.

Skittlelz
yesterday
Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro! You can take part today! Enter now ~ www.winner-zone.com ~~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!

BEER

In addition to a text message I also Just got a private message from (cut and pasted below)

Don't understand how they also got my PM cel number.

Skittlelz
yesterday
Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro! You can take part today! Enter now ~ www.winner-zone.com ~~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!

nordiko

Couldn't say it better HALIMACS !   cheers -

Delman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the same message. It is spam and safe to ignore.

Stews

No it's a fake phishing email or text.   Don't respond to any links within emails or texts and don't enter any personal information.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BEER   Beer is good.   Spam sucks.

I've proposed it before, I may as well again.  Community users who are sending these spam messages are likely NOT active Public Mobile account holders as the community is available to everyone.

If my suspicions are correct, limit the Community's Private Messaging services to active account holders only AND recent account holders (say, up to 90 days after porting to another provider or from last successful renewal date)

This way, prospective users could still use the Community to ask questions and learn, but they would be restricted from Private Messaging the rest of us who hold services with Public Mobile.

kaytus

It is spam email. don't click for the link

@BEER 

Nutz......

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam!

@BEER 

I got this exact message earlier.  I already reported.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Too many of these spam messages recently.  Public mobile needs to do something to reduce these spam messages.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello! We are giving away a brand new iPhone 12! You can take part today! Go here --xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~~ and complete easy sign up for a chance to win iPhone 12 Pro. Good luck!

@BEER No it is not. Select report bottom left of message, type spam then submit. Then delete the message. No on is going to legitimately send you a PM here to offer something. The link isn't even at Public Mobile. There are lots of threads/messages about this recently.

Need Help? Let's chat.