cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Beer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Is this offer legitimate?

In addition to a text message I also Just got a private message from (cut and pasted below)

Don't understand how they also got my PM cel number.

 

Skittlelz
yesterday
Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro! You can take part today! Enter now ~ www.winner-zone.com ~~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!
kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is this offer legitimate?


@Beer wrote:

In addition to a text message I also Just got a private message from (cut and pasted below)

Don't understand how they also got my PM cel number.

 

Skittlelz
yesterday
Hi there! We're giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro! You can take part today! Enter now ~ www.winner-zone.com ~~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!

@Beer Was it a private message or a text message? Anyone can sign up here and send you a private message. It has nothing to do with your cell phone number? Or do you mean something else completely?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is this offer legitimate?

@Beer Did you receive a spam text message or a text notification that you have a PM? If that's the case try below:

 

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 1.44.08 PM.png

Beer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Is this offer legitimate?


@kb_mv wrote:


@Beer Was it a private message or a text message? Anyone can sign up here and send you a private message. It has nothing to do with your cell phone number? Or do you mean something else completely?

 

 


I may be wrong - in addition to the private message I think that I also got a text message with the same offer.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is this offer legitimate?


@Beer wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:


@Beer Was it a private message or a text message? Anyone can sign up here and send you a private message. It has nothing to do with your cell phone number? Or do you mean something else completely?

 

 


I may be wrong - in addition to the private message I think that I also got a text message with the same offer.


@Beer See my reply above your last post.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is this offer legitimate?

@Beer 

Did you get an email and a private message? The bf did because he never uses his community account so his default settings are on......all mine are off.... i visit everyday i dont need twice as many notifications bothering me when im offline.

View solution in original post

Beer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Is this offer legitimate?

Yes I just turned off all notifications --   thank you.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is this offer legitimate?

Just my opinion. PM has covered how to handle and to have copy and pasted the unsolicited email into the forum, with URLs, was not a bright idea. 

Beer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Is this offer legitimate?

But this message was already posted on this forum by the scammers . However I do see your point in that just perhaps a very rash person may not bother to read the post and just accept this scam offer.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: Is this offer legitimate?


@Beer wrote:

But this message was already posted on this forum by the scammers . However I do see your point in that just perhaps a very rash person may not bother to read the post and just accept this scam offer.


The OP posted what he found in his private messages. The OP is NOT one of the scammers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.