cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Public Mobile survey real?

Bvereshagen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been getting emails claiming to be from Public Mobile regarding a survey. It asks me to go to the following link: https://survey.confirmit.ca/wix/p120030041299.aspx?__sid__=xh89BzAzamRoSCdDZHhU_sst2j8qL1Yn8k4DTk7ZL... . Is this real or a phishing scam?

41 REPLIES 41

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

But see i people like you don't fill out the survey they only get the opinions of app happy millenials. Lol....surveys are like voting. You may not think your opinion makes a difference but in the end only one voice can make all the difference.

So true...  it's not the one who makes the most sense, it's the voice of the person who yells the loudest.

Most of us are aware of the squeaky wheel syndrome.....it doesn’t work.  That is why they word the same question differently on a survey. 

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

But see i people like you don't fill out the survey they only get the opinions of app happy millenials. Lol....surveys are like voting. You may not think your opinion makes a difference but in the end only one voice can make all the difference.

OMG. I should have thought of that. I certainly don’t want to live my life based on a millennials input. 😶 

But I still have my unchangeable principles in regards to surveys. 

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

So true...  it's not the one who makes the most sense, it's the voice of the person who yells the loudest.

@LurganIeUk 

They are irrelevant in my opinion and are gathering information for other uses or just fluff. I don't surveys nor do I trust the results of surveys and I doubt if the results of this survey will be posted..so why bother...just do what they want to do!! It will be sold as an improvement but will be a cost cut of which some will suffer from the changes. 

Can you imagine activating on an APP on a small cell phone???

@LurganIeUk 

It is certainly your decision to stop or not fill out a survey. But as someone who does survey frequently for incentives I find the question/answers you supplied as simply being comprehensive and nothing else.

I started doing it and stopped here.  I feel it is age based...different questions.....and some of what is being asked is totally irrelevant to having a cell phone thus I lost total trust in completing it!!!!  

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 7.35.55 PM.png

I am still waiting for my $10 Community Reward.....I feel like doing it!!! But maybe not. 

@dabr wrote:

@BearFBI wrote:

Hmm. One of my accounts got a survey. It wasn't the same one as this though. I took screenshots of interesting questions. 

Screenshot_20210307-141450_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210307-141901_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210307-142003_Chrome.jpg

@BearFBI    Hmm...is that a serious question that PM thinks users opting for budget phone plans would seriously think of paying $5/interaction for customer phone support?   I don't see that being practical, unless Telus has had success with that approach at Koodo, unless I'm misremembering, where it was introduced a few months ago..

Telus used to charge $2 for a call. I say used to...being quite awhile ago...but assume is still in place but could be more?

@darlicious wrote:

Get rid of the website and mange your account only thru each individuals app?!! Well if you want to lose 25% of your customer base.....I wonder who came up with that hair brained idea?!!  A twenty-something millenial? I actively manage 8 accounts how the heck would that work?  They already won't allow management of more than one account within the self serve portal making harder to manage two or more accounts hardly serves the customer as it is....Plus I have the bf who loses his phone every 6 to 8 weeks that's enough stress all on its own.. This is why I need to fill out this survey!

The same hair brain that made of lot of the dumb changes on Feb 16 roll out!!

@Luddite wrote:

An Oracle received a legit survey with some odd questions. For example:

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 2.56.26 PM.png

I see where they could go with that if the question was answered positively BUT some people just want a phone and would find an APP to hard, too small, to finicky to use. I am older and could deal with it...but.....I do avoid using apps for security reasons and poor ability to move around on it. 

Interesting.....maybe I'm not getting them because they already hear too much from me....

I'm not getting surveys because of adblock, lol.

I think the surveys are next-to-useless busywork. Somebody needs piles of surveys to show the boss, to make graphs and pie charts for their dull powerpoint slides.

If Public Mobile really wants to understand the opinions, the criticisms, the issues of importance to their customers - the things people like and dislike, the areas of improvement which would have most impact - then they can just read their own forums. As in, they can have actual people pay actual attention, not just run a bunch more dumb-AI automation to summarize stuff into disconnected managerial abstractions.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr I mean I don't see it being practical but if you REALLY need support for example if autopay failed or if you got sim jacked 5$ to call an actual live human being may not be a bad idea. 

Well actualy wait a minute. I think PM should make a system where you can schedule callback dates/times if users really need live help. They could integrate it through SIMON. This should be FREE. Cmon, lucky and chatr have live support.

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

Interesting.....maybe I'm not getting them because they already hear too much from me....🤔

LOL, yes they are trying to balance things out a little by leaving you OUT of the survey!

At least 6 months ago, maybe even further back than that I had a survey from PM that convinced me that the rewards were about to undergone a big reduction. And reward $ was going to become more usable just for add-ons etc rather than lowering your monthly plan cost directly. But, never heard another word about it.

AE_Collector

@dabr wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

@dabr 

They probably worded the survey to their advantage...something like:

Would you pay $5 less for Provincial Calling.

@JK8   Well I would have responded YES too to that kind of question 😊, but that's not what's happened.   It certainly would have made more sense to have done that though!

Companies do use informations from surveys, but how much they rely on them or follow the recommendations of the customers are up to them. If customer feedback was the sole determining factor, Public Mobile would not have made the plan changes that they did, nor would they tried to make the fact that customers can still get the old pricing now appear to be a "sale" or as having a $5 savings.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

@dabr 

@JK8   Well I would have responded YES too to that kind of question 😊, but that's not what's happened.   It certainly would have made more sense to have done that though!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Thats what surveys are for....I wonder if they surveyed the province wide calling option? I know @AE_Collector got one awhile back.....

@darlicious    If they did survey users about the province wide calling, I just can't see why anyone would have said YES to paying the same price for a limited calling geography?  I haven't received any of these surveys, but I'm not really liking where all these changes seem to be going, mostly backwards it seems..

@dabr 

Thats what surveys are for....I wonder if they surveyed the province wide calling option? I know @AE_Collector got one awhile back.....

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Agreed....you could just opt for $5 or $10 more per month if you are on a higher data plan and get a full service telus plan.

@darlicious   Agreed...TBH I don't know where PM is going with all these changes, certainly  in the wrong direction IMO!

@dabr 

Agreed....you could just opt for $5 or $10 more per month if you are on a higher data plan and get a full service telus plan.

@BearFBI wrote:

Hmm. One of my accounts got a survey. It wasn't the same one as this though. I took screenshots of interesting questions. 

@BearFBI    Hmm...is that a serious question that PM thinks users opting for budget phone plans would seriously think of paying $5/interaction for customer phone support?   I don't see that being practical, unless Telus has had success with that approach at Koodo, unless I'm misremembering, where it was introduced a few months ago..

@BearFBI 

A review link is pretty unique to the moderator but yes looking at the end of the link I have no idea how you would change it to pull up an unused survey.

Edit: Unless of course I could look at the link of an unused survey to see if there are any differences. The process of elimination....

BearFBI

@darlicious Im not sure. It has to be much more complex than that. Everyone must get a unique link. 

@BearFBI 

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if you can alter the link like you can with the review links?🤔

BearFBI

@darlicious Lol mabey. Looks like they sent it to non active users on the community. My account certainly didn't get anything.

The links also are only a one time use. They expire after someone survey's them.

@BearFBI 

Interesting.....maybe I'm not getting them because they already hear too much from me....🤔

BearFBI

Get rid of the website and mange your account only thru each individuals app?!! Well if you want to lose 25% of your customer base.....I wonder who came up with that hair brained idea?!!  A twenty-something millenial? I actively manage 8 accounts how the heck would that work?  They already won't allow management of more than one account within the self serve portal making harder to manage two or more accounts hardly serves the customer as it is....Plus I have the bf who loses his phone every 6 to 8 weeks that's enough stress all on its own.. This is why I need to fill out this survey!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's embedded coding in the link. I'm not willing to hand that over unless I know what it says. And I don't.

Need Help? Let's chat.