cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did not make a request to transfer my number from Koodo to Public

JK8
Mayor / Maire

So far I have received 2 emails this morning in my community inbox from moderators regarding transferring my number from Koodo to Public. I wrote back and said I did not make these requests and what was going on. I have not heard back from the moderators.

I am the only one using my community account. How is it even possible this happened? 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I once informed a mod of their mistakenly sending me a pm that was clearly for someone else and they very nicely gave me a nice little somethin' somethin' for my honesty.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Thank you everyone who replied to my thread. After some more back and forth with the moderators, the ticket was closed. I never received an explanation of how the original request got initiated. I changed my passwords to be on the safe side.

@computergeek541 

In the case I referenced, it took the Moderators 3 days to initially respond, and they DIDN'T even realize their error until I responded (back & forth) about 3 times.

Very, very troubling breach of another customer's private and confidential information.

Let's just say I 'noted' the Mod's name for future consideration should they be assigned to helping me - i never did hear back from the initial Mod who sent the mis-directed message.  It took another Mod (or two) reading the repetitive messages to figure it out.

@Anonymous wrote:

@JK8 : It happens. They seem to have you confused with another customer. Hopefully they didn't give you any personal information of the other customer.

They certainly did in my case, @Anonymous 

They gave me way too much information related to the other customer - I'm curious if they took appropriate measures with the correct customer and even told her of their error.

I was inclined to call them (yes, i was given their phone number in error), but I elected not to.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

So far I have received 2 emails this morning in my community inbox from moderators regarding transferring my number from Koodo to Public. I wrote back and said I did not make these requests and what was going on. I have not heard back from the moderators.

I am the only one using my community account. How is it even possible this happened? 

Hi @JK8 

Trust me, this happens.

It happened to me two weeks ago.  In the case, it was a similar case of another customer looking to change/port their number after activating.

I doubt your SIM is at risk - but you know how to check that.

I Private Messaged the Moderator who sent me the message PLUS the Moderator team in general (you can add multiple recipients on Private Messages).

They tried to get me to validate my account information, but I replied again (with copy/pastes of the incorrect information they had sent) saying I didn't need to verify anything with MY account.

Eventually, they caught on and realized THEY had sent a message to the wrong customer/account and they thanked me and apologized.

Let us know how you make out!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@JK8 : It happens. They seem to have you confused with another customer. Hopefully they didn't give you any personal information of the other customer.

This isn't something new. Whenever you have people involved, there will be some mistakes. I do appreciate that sometimes, a moderator will contact me again to apologize.  What's more disturbing in some ways is if you inform the moderator of what happened, they often don't reply.  That's not good service to me, no does it give any indication that the moderator then proceeded to contact the correct customer.   I believe that what happens is if a moderators contacts you by mistake, it's usually because you participated in a message thread and that the wrong username was selected by mistake from a list.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JK8 :Very suspicious, hopefully Public investigate thoroughly and follows up with you to let you know everything they find out.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

Could it be that someone is attempting to steal your account ? Double check your sim number today. Make certain nobody else has your personal data...as much as possible.

Alternatively...it could have been a mistake on the part of a moderator trying to port a number which was similar to yours.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 It sounds like someone is trying to Sim jack your account be very careful change all your passwords and check your banking information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.