cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to earn up to 20 dollars in Community?

Pavlik07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know you can earn money in Community but don't know how to?

I register a couple of minutes ago.

I tried to look it up in the Help section but didn't understand it.

Can you please help me?

22 REPLIES 22

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Triguy yea I'm not here to make money but it is a nice perk. I like to help people if i am able and don't expect a reward. Basically I was just curious how the system works. Ive been reading posts trying to figure it all out. Overall I'm just happy PM has a plan that suits my needs. Before I was paying WAY WAY too much

There is a secret formula that PM uses to issue Community Awards.  You can participate in the forum by posting replays and providing solutions.  You maybe eligible for an award but helping others is more rewarding and the monetary award is a bonus.

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So we can earn a $1 or 2 by commenting and asking questions or answering 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Your stats are absolutely ridiculous !! bravo to you

@Pavlik07 

BTW.....i just did the math and for @BasesLoadedWalk  sake as well I am still consistently earning about $0.06 per/hr. To be exact $0.0663915979 per hour. I'm in it for the stats of course. Lol!

stevenanto

You will have to be posting quite a lot and helping a lot of people while being very tech savy.

I dont see it as a way to get a cheaper phone bill. I see it as a regular forum. You help, chat, have fun, engage with others. The extra dollars off are just a bonus. 

At the same time PM doesnt need to hire a huge team techs to answer some of the easier questions that others in the community have probably experience with.  

@Pavlik07 

To get started on the community keep the focus on yourself to begin with....what do you want to achieve? If its a buck or two off your bill thats certainly doable. Its part of public mobiles marketing tools and a very effective one but unlike as @BasesLoadedWalk has suggested getting $0.40 or $0.50 an hour for your time is for dreamers and wishful thinkers! It's more like $0.05 to maybe $0.10 an hour. Look at it like a scholarship to public mobile community college. This is your opportunity to not only learn about your service, your self service account, public mobile, how promotions work, plans and add ons.....

But your opportunity ( unless you are already very tech savvy) to gain a wealth of knowledge about your phone, how it works, maintenance , troubleshooting, data saving ,about android vs iPhone and everything else that goes along cell phones.  From infastructure and networks to apps, software and how to make the most out of your phone's camera. You can learn as much or as little as you like....be an active and social participant who asks questions, bravos answers, awards solutions and comments in discussions and offers opinions. Or you can make use of the search bar by entering key words, ask questions to search for solutions or just read the help articles and browse the different boards.

Ultimately the community is about you and what you want to put into it and get out of it. The more time you spend here , the more your brain absorbs and the more you will be able to help out others and enrich the community with your own unique spin on things. Welcome to public mobile and welcome to the community!

@JDmoser wrote:

For instance 50 percent, you have to post and respond to questions..etc as much as 50 percent as the registered community has.

The Community has many users, but the amount of members who receive a reward is relatively low, to far less than 50% of the registered users. Public Mobile doesn't provide exact informaiton of what they mean by top 50%, nor they provide any information about the exact way the rewards are decided.. They really could pay out any amounts that they like.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Read up on past posts and solutions.  Posting replies and solutions to help out others is more rewarding than the monetary award but it is a bonus.  If you want easier ways to save then setup autopay, refer friends & family, and loyalty award.

H_singh

should give solutions to others by providing true knowledge of public mobile in community 

H_singh

help other two solve there issues and get rewards 

BasesLoadedWalk

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Can you please help me?

You can earn rewards for helping out in the community.  Only Oracles can receive the $20.  The $1 and $2 rewards are easier to obtain but to get into the higher rewards it will require putting in some serious time in the community.

My advice is to just come to this community and post and reply to have fun and engage with other people. Don't do it for the rewards. To get the higher tier rewards requires hours and hours of posting, and if you are just doing it for the money, you would essentially be making about 40-50 cents an hour when you calculate it in the end. You are much better off just picking up an extra hour at your job, or even collecting bottles. Your time/money proposition is never going to be worth it if you are solely just trying to get the savings. Like I said, don't worry about the community rewards and post here for other reasons.

JDmoser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For instance 50 percent, you have to post and respond to questions..etc as much as 50 percent as the registered community has.

@Pavlik07 wrote:

What kind of ranks are there?

Can you please give me the full list of them from smallest to biggest.

Thank you very much

Ranks show how long you've been here and how much you've particpated.

@Pavlik07 

Have a look at this thread:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/high...

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like:

EDITED

• Subscribing:                                                    New in town        (certain)
  • 1st post:                                                          Great Neighbour (certain)
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :                 Good Citizen       (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :    Great Citizen      (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least 70 Bravoes :       Model Citizen      (highly probable)
  • At least 4 months + at least 15 authored solutions :  Town Hero           (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least 20 authored solutions:   Deputy Mayor     (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor                 (?)

However from data it doesn't look like it's exactly related to amount of posts/solutions/bravos... I am guessing it might be related to some specific badges or a total amount of badges...?

Pavlik07

What kind of ranks are there?

Can you please give me the full list of them from smallest to biggest.

Thank you very much

@Pavlik07 wrote:

I got some badges but what are they for actually?

They are to show others your accomplishments.

Pavlik07

I got some badges but what are they for actually?

@Pavlik07 wrote:

What does it mean?

Top 50%, Top 25%, and so on???

The top 50% who help out in the community receive a $1 reward. The top 25% receive $2 and so on.

Edit: Notice @ShawnC13 who answered your question. He has the word Oracle beside his name.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Can you please help me?

You can earn rewards for helping out in the community.  Only Oracles can receive the $20.  The $1 and $2 rewards are easier to obtain but to get into the higher rewards it will require putting in some serious time in the community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Pavlik07

What does it mean?

Top 50%, Top 25%, and so on???

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Can you please help me?

Only Oracles can earn $20 for community rewards.

You can earn a community reward by participating in this community by asking and answering questions.

The Community Reward How Does It Work?

Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times.The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:

JoyLuck_0-1606888378765.png

Need Help? Let's chat.