cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to earn community points?

CorinAndrea123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Public Mobile and I'm wondering how often or how many posts do you need to post to earn $ off your plan? Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious wrote:

@dude65 

Actually the monetary reward arrives usually on the 5th of the month and the announcement around the 9th or 10th.

I'm not going to say that it's never been there on the 5th, but in general, that's too early to expect the Community reward. It usually comes at least a couple or few days later than that.

@ShawnC13 wrote: The big thing is to help out when you can and if you make a reward that is a bonus.  The real reward is helping people with their service

@CorinAndrea123  I think @ShawnC13 nailed it here. The reward is in helping others. I have had a little more time recently to hang out online and as a result earned a top 10% reward of $5. In the grand scheme of things, it feels nice psychologically to be recognized / rewarded for your efforts, a little endorphin rush. Realistically, in my case the reward represents a few minutes worth of work at my job. Feel good that that you can help someone and on occasion even be recognized for it, but on a time required for reward earned ratio I think you'll find it more beneficial to get referrals that pay off monthly with zero effort.

@dude65 

Actually the monetary reward arrives usually on the 5th of the month and the announcement around the 9th or 10th.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Its a formula only a few know. If you read posts, you will be able to help other when you post. Post when you can,The rewards get put into your account around the 9th of the month. 

@CorinAndrea123 

The amount you have to contribute each month to earn a community reward varies each month based on the participation of other members. Take the time to learn all about the community, public mobile and your self serve account. You can do this by reading posts/threads, the help articles and using the search bar to look for answers and topics youre interested in learning about. Along the way you can ask questions to get opinions on a subject ( buying a new phone?) Or solutions to an issue ( why doesn't my data work?) Or how to do something on the community or with your phone ( how do i open a service ticket?)

The more you learn the easier it will be to manage your account and services. As you gain confidence you can refer your friends and family to public mobile for $1 monthly rewards and be able to answer all their questions as well as ones asked in the community. As you learn, post, reply, mark or earn solutions, bravo good answers or replies it will all go towards the secret formula that tabulates your contributions and decides your reward level.

Earning a top 50% or top 25% can be achieved with a few hours a week. Top 10% can be at least one to two hours a day sometimes much more. Top 5% requires almost daily dedication of at least 3 to 4 hours and top 1% is a full time job plus your hobby time, a lightning fast response time, a lot of acquired knowledge and stock answered that can quickly be copy and pasted in order to acquire high solution totals to be the 2 or 3 members in the top 1%. Just participate to enjoy learning and helping of others and that will be the personal reward the monetary one is a token of appreciation.

Put "community rewards" in the search bar and press go....youll find lots of threads discussing all aspects of the community rewards.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CorinAndrea123 

Just help out when you can. There is no set amount of posts and replies as people would try to game the system. And it’s based on each month how many people have contributed. I agree with @ShawnC13 that for one of the top spots you would need to spend a really long time. Not really worth it if this is the “money-making” way

But just to do for fun and to feel good helping others and the $ off as a bonus. Stay well 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@CorinAndrea123 just add value and help others😉 Only PM knows the formula of reward's calculation.

CorinAndrea123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your response! That is super helpful 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@CorinAndrea123 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Public Mobile and I'm wondering how often or how many posts do you need to post to earn $ off your plan? Thank you. 

@CorinAndrea123, it depends on each month as that is how it is evaluated.  To get the $1 or $2 it wouldn't take a whole lot of participation.  To get to the $15 reward level I would think you would be looking at least at 4-6 hours daily in the community to compete for one of the top stops.

The big thing is to help out when you can and if you make a reward that is a bonus.  The real reward is helping people with their service

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.