cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contribute to the Community

ConfusedGuy-54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've found an excellent free app that improves the basic Voicemail - provides voice to text + receives messages when your phone is turned off and would like to tell the community.

23 REPLIES 23

@softech 

As the bonus if you have only 100 minutes you will be happy to know that call transfer is free with Fongo

No matter how long the call you can turn it into incoming for only 0.07megs of your WiFi or data. Just call your cell, answer, in Fongo hit transfer and enter destination number. The destination number will see your cell number not Fongo as calling them and Fongo will hang up leaving only your cell and the destination number in conversation

@softech 

Get free Fongo number.

Set it to ring once and to email you copy in the settings.

If you are on iphone dial the following

*61*Your fongo Number# 

*62*Your Fongo Number# 

*67*Your Fongo Number# 

If you are on Android go to call settings/calling accounts/pm sim/forwarding and put your Fongo number in the 3 fields.

You can retrieve from the vm section in app, you can dial 1 on Fongo app or check your inbox.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@ConfusedGuy-54 

You don't need to have your phone on to receive messages.

If you don't receive them it means they're is something wrong with your forwarding settings, if you network reset or completely remove all the entries system will fill it in with the right numbers.

I use fongo (i know I'm a broken record but i can't help it i like it so much) it's free it also emails me the message, i can use the app as visual vm i get unlimited amount of messages and i can increase the number is rings (after Publicmobile forwards to Fongo i let it ring only once now but can charge it) plus i don't spend minutes for retrieving the messages

But if you are happy with Publicmobile other then loosing voicemails while phone is off, just reset your forwarding and it should work

@Quigley  how to set up this feature on Fongo?  I never aware of it... 

@ConfusedGuy-54 @darlicious  FYI   Fongo converts the voicemail to text and sends you an email of it for free. Been using that feature for a long time now.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With aTelus  based  company ...I didn't think there was such a thing as out of range !  Lol 

Makes sense ...as long as the server has the right instruction should be a none issue . 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : As long as the conditionals are set, the phone can be off. What do you suppose happens when you're out of range?

barndoor

Ok ... does everyone agree here ... does PM voicemail work or not if the phone is  off ?? 

@computergeek541  ... as I understand it ...just good for the processor to have a regular reboot , not that it really needs to be off overnight . I was getting into "glitch" trouble because I would never shut my phone off .  

ConfusedGuy-54

It's just a better voicemail.  

@ConfusedGuy-54 

Aha...theres the kicker! So you can use fongo for free to check vm to save on outgoing minutes and if converting to texts costs a few cents then thats more expensive than paying $0.01 per minute to check vm if need be by using the $5/500min calling add on.

ConfusedGuy-54

I've only used it a few times as that feature is a few cents per text message.  I think that the first couple of messages are free and then you would have to reload a buck or two.  But even if you don't use the option to convert to text, it's still a terrific VM & just works.

@ConfusedGuy-54 

In what manner does it change messages from voice to text? Are you saying it will send you your voicemail messages to your phone as a text message?

@ConfusedGuy-54 wrote:

I also don't like it on when sitting on my bedside table at night.  Too tempting to look at it.  And you are right, supposed to be good for the processor.

Good for the processor?  I do suppose that the more you use your device, the shorter of a lifespan it will have, but leaving it on at night isn't going to anything catostrophic to the processor.

ConfusedGuy-54

Set-up is easily completed after install.  I tried 2 other apps & found this one to be the best in every way. 

barndoor

Hmmm .... now the second time posted may be getting close to being advertising ... LOL

ConfusedGuy-54

I also don't like it on when sitting on my bedside table at night.  Too tempting to look at it.  And you are right, supposed to be good for the processor.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

it does look an advertisement to me lol

but I dun mind to get more info. 😉 so we can forward our PM voicemail over and this app?? how it works?

barndoor

Why do you turn your phone off ?   Other than it is good for the processor so I'm told . 

Just curious as well what happens to cost of retrieving messages ... does it still take the same airtime and therefore cost the same as just calling in ?

ConfusedGuy-54

It's called "InstaVoice".  The basic voicemail that is provided by PM doesn't pick up messages when your phone is turned off.  I discovered the app when looking for a solution as I was missing too many calls early in the morning.  Added bonus that this app will also convert voicemail to text which is handy to reference later if driving or in a rush.  Try it - you may like it - I Luv it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Public Mobile's voicemail is not on the device. It's on a server somewhere. It uses call forwarding to direct a call to that server. Your device will usually have conditions to forward. No answer, busy, unreachable. You can even set your recordings for each condition.

But certainly some people do like a more feature-rich voicemail service. Nice find.

ConfusedGuy-54

It's called "InstaVoice".  The basic voicemail that is provided by PM doesn't pick up messages when your phone is turned off.  I discovered the app when looking for a solution as I was missing too many calls early in the morning.  Added bonus that this app will also convert voicemail to text which is handy to reference later if driving or in a rush.  Try it - you may like it - I Luv it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...TextNow, Fongo, YouMail, etc. Is that advertising? 🙂

Spill the beans there @ConfusedGuy-54 . Whatchagot.

@ConfusedGuy-54 wrote:

I've found an excellent free app that improves the basic Voicemail - provides voice to text + receives messages when your phone is turned off and would like to tell the community.

What's it called? I would be careful about this as this could be interpreted as advertising. 

Need Help? Let's chat.