cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConfusedGuy-54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to contribute to the Community

I've found an excellent free app that improves the basic Voicemail - provides voice to text + receives messages when your phone is turned off and would like to tell the community.

Re: How to contribute to the Community

@ConfusedGuy-54 wrote:

I've found an excellent free app that improves the basic Voicemail - provides voice to text + receives messages when your phone is turned off and would like to tell the community.

What's it called? I would be careful about this as this could be interpreted as advertising. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: How to contribute to the Community

Well...TextNow, Fongo, YouMail, etc. Is that advertising? 🙂

Spill the beans there @ConfusedGuy-54 . Whatchagot.

ConfusedGuy-54

Not Advertising - just a free app that I found which improves Voicemail

It's called "InstaVoice".  The basic voicemail that is provided by PM doesn't pick up messages when your phone is turned off.  I discovered the app when looking for a solution as I was missing too many calls early in the morning.  Added bonus that this app will also convert voicemail to text which is handy to reference later if driving or in a rush.  Try it - you may like it - I Luv it!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Not Advertising - just a free app that I found which improves Voicemail

Public Mobile's voicemail is not on the device. It's on a server somewhere. It uses call forwarding to direct a call to that server. Your device will usually have conditions to forward. No answer, busy, unreachable. You can even set your recordings for each condition.

But certainly some people do like a more feature-rich voicemail service. Nice find.

ConfusedGuy-54

Not Advertising - just a free app which is really helpful

It's called "InstaVoice".  The basic voicemail that is provided by PM doesn't pick up messages when your phone is turned off.  I discovered the app when looking for a solution as I was missing too many calls early in the morning.  Added bonus that this app will also convert voicemail to text which is handy to reference later if driving or in a rush.  Try it - you may like it - I Luv it!

barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why do you turn your phone off ?   Other than it is good for the processor so I'm told . 

Just curious as well what happens to cost of retrieving messages ... does it still take the same airtime and therefore cost the same as just calling in ?

softech
Mayor / Maire

it does look an advertisement to me lol

but I dun mind to get more info. 😉 so we can forward our PM voicemail over and this app?? how it works?

ConfusedGuy-54

I like to turn the phone off to charge sometimes + reset. A

I also don't like it on when sitting on my bedside table at night.  Too tempting to look at it.  And you are right, supposed to be good for the processor.

barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Not Advertising - just a free app which is really helpful

Hmmm .... now the second time posted may be getting close to being advertising ... LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.