cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete PM Community Profile?

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No longer with PM just ported my number to Freedom. How do I delete the community profile?

16 REPLIES 16

@computergeek541 wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@computergeek541  I just figured would be strange no way to request to delete account. MODs can’t do it. They said “only you can do it”.

I figure why keep something active if I won’t be participating any longer. That’s my logic.

No you can't. Only they can. But as I said: Once something is on the internet, it's there forever even if someone make changes or edits the page (or message posts). Someone out there or a search engine is always going to have some copies/older version of web pages.

True.....once said it remains. That is why if you have a nom de plume you should only use it at one site only. And if I was to leave a site behind I would leave my nom de plume with it, I would change my nom de plume if I could on the site, I would get a new gmail address, then assign that gmail address to the site I am leaving, I would change the password to the site I am leaving to something very long and intentionally not memorized, and then I would delete the newly made gmail. 

@Markmark2112 

Sheesh.....to think I spent most of my night extolling the virtues of public mobile....I suppose if the evil overlord tells you to drink the purple koolaid then you drink the purple koolaid. There's no need to wait around to see if you get the second one for free is there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol after all that. Enjoy spending more.

The added irony is that after all this activity you might even have got a couple bucks of community reward next month.

Markmark2112

Such a buggy platform. I'm out. Keep working it. I might tour in a few years. Probably not though. Good idea not suitable or competitive enough for my patronage.

To save 4 bucks a month. Nope chatr can keep it for my ease of use and adaptability.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers folks.👎👎

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@computergeek541  I just figured would be strange no way to request to delete account. MODs can’t do it. They said “only you can do it”.

I figure why keep something active if I won’t be participating any longer. That’s my logic.

Because storage is cheap. A lot cheaper than paying someone to remove an account. This is all stored on a storage device somewhere. They'll just add more.

You could start swearing and being all abusive and insulting and get yourself banned. That's another way. 🙂

That would only mean that the account would be closed and no furter logins would be allowed. The account won't get deleted.

@computergeek541 

But wouldn't it in effect remove all the users posts? Hasn't that happened with some of the abusive customers we see from time to time?

Yes, but those were exteme cases.  Making the OP's members messages inaccessible would cause a gap in the messages making other content not make sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

Because storage is cheap. A lot cheaper than paying someone to remove an account. This is all stored on a storage device somewhere. They'll just add more.

You could start swearing and being all abusive and insulting and get yourself banned. That's another way. 🙂

That would only mean that the account would be closed and no furter logins would be allowed. The account won't get deleted.

@computergeek541 

But wouldn't it in effect remove all the users posts? Hasn't that happened with some of the abusive customers we see from time to time?

Yes I know it could still be "out there"... but not here.

@Anonymous wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

No you can't. Only they can. But as I said: Once something is on the internet, it's there forever even if someone make changes or edits the page (or message posts). Someone out there or a search engine is always going to have some copies/older version of web pages.

@Anonymous wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

No longer with PM just ported my number to Freedom. How do I delete the community profile?

I don't think there's a way. You can turn off all the notifications you might be getting though. Or change your email address to something bogus.

Bogus might not work as you may have to respond about the change to the new and/or old email address. And bogus could be your best friends email address. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

trgtrg2020

@Anonymous  Yeah I already used an email I no longer use. That’s the best option it seems so far. Thanks!

trgtrg2020

@yanzhiqiang 

It’s good to be back with them! Thanks

trgtrg2020

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to see you go. wish you happy with Freedom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

I don't think there's a way. You can turn off all the notifications you might be getting though. Or change your email address to something bogus.

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

Generally, you don't, and there really isn't really any reason to. There is no information linked to your account that other customers can see. Even if a moderator does close your Community account, everything on the internet is forever. Anything posted can never truly be taken back.

Need Help? Let's chat.