cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stay aware of new discussion threads posted in ANY Category to help earn more rewards?

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

One of the shortcomings in this forum is that there is no direct way to get notifications of new threads posted, so you have to constantly manually monitor EACH category for new topics... Is there no automated way to get notified to facilitate earning more rewards?

21 REPLIES 21

@Anonymous wrote:

This tickled MY funny bone.

rssnotifications.JPG

Pretty sure we can all smell THOSE notifications. 🙂

Does this mean RSS stinks? lol

But goes to show you that info on an alternate solution to RSS is useful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This tickled MY funny bone.

rssnotifications.JPG

Pretty sure we can all smell THOSE notifications. 🙂

@ShawnC13 wrote:

They did, they pinned one and removed all of the other duplicates you posted with the same information.

You really are showing your ignorance and your bias. There were only ever 2 threads created... Both were eventually approved BY PM and BOTH were actually pinned BY PM.  But then some whiners complained (for no good reason) and one was removed, even though there were in 2 different useful areas. So PM caved to pettiness (they were tired of trying to grease the squeaky wheel).

Again, just people losing sight of value vs some false and baseless sense of wrongdoing.

@NDesai wrote:

There are actually some ways to keep you notified. All sections offer RSS feed, so that could be linked with email or other apps to get you notified of new posts. 

Yes, that is true, and it is mentioned in the link above BUT using RSS feeds requires first using another app (neither Chrome nor Firefox support RSS feeds anymore), learning another app, and therefore learning how to manage them. The above solution is far simpler, especially if you do not already use RSS feeds.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

I guess you didn't get the hint back in Jan 2019.🙄

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/ALL-System-Maintenance-and-other-S...

Response from @ShawnC13 

""Then make it A HOW TO like the other thread and get the bravos I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but to mark your two threads with your own solution then start a third and do the same is really not the way the community values go especially if solutions are in the mix for community rewards""

I guess you were not paying attention because actually, better heads prevailed. PM actually saw the value and pinned the solution a long time ago. Glad they are running the company and not you. I am simply pointing people to that solution because the question came up again, so raising awareness to it.

They did, they pinned one and removed all of the other duplicates you posted with the same information.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

There are actually some ways to keep you notified. All sections offer RSS feed, so that could be linked with email or other apps to get you notified of new posts. 

@Jb456 wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/ALL-System-Maintenance-and-other-S...

Response from @ShawnC13 

""Then make it A HOW TO like the other thread and get the bravos I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but to mark your two threads with your own solution then start a third and do the same is really not the way the community values go especially if solutions are in the mix for community rewards""

I guess you were not paying attention because actually, better heads prevailed. PM actually saw the value and pinned the solution a long time ago. Glad they are running the company and not you. I am simply pointing people to that solution because the question came up again, so raising awareness to it.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

So why didn't you just post a guide to the solution instead or writing a question then answering it yourself. To boost stats I guess 🙄

I guess you did not read.... the link IS to the solution.

And if you look at MY stats you would see that this is the LEAST of my concerns (some people seem to have nothing better to do but express petty jealousy or be unnecessarily protective). Not interested in gaming the system. I been around too long to care about that and a measly couple of dollars a month.

I am simply sharing useful info. What triggered me is that this question was raised again in another thread, so I thought it would be good to raise awareness again to a useful solution.

Than just bump the thread don't create multiple threads or posts pointing to it

I do not need to bump the thread... it is already pinned... (but just in one area)  If you bothered to look you would see that the post is ONLY in relevant/related categories (4 to be exact). Spamming is NOT about the posting multiple times (4 isn't exactly a large number to even be of concern).... unless one is bound up in petty protectiveness and baseless jealousy, instead of assessing if there is actual value being shared.

the motive here is very simple... to help people...

Response from @ShawnC13 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

To me this is just spamming the community

"Spamming is the use of messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam) to large numbers of recipients for the purpose of commercial advertising, for the purpose of non-commercial proselytizing, or for any prohibited purpose (especially the fraudulent purpose of phishing)."

So your concept of spamming is a far stretch. This is a community to help people. Not sure how this does not help.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

So why didn't you just post a guide to the solution instead or writing a question then answering it yourself. To boost stats I guess 🙄

And if you look at MY stats you would see that this is the LEAST of my concerns (some people seem to have nothing better to do but express petty jealousy or be unnecessarily protective). Not interested in gaming the system. I been around too long to care about that and a measly couple of dollars a month.

I am simply sharing useful info. What triggered me is that this question was raised again in another thread, so I thought it would be good to raise awareness again to a useful solution.

Than just bump the thread don't create multiple threads or posts pointing to it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

To me this is just spamming the community

@Jb456 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Forgot all that newsfeed agr and just go here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/category-id/P...

or here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/...

BTW: being aware of posts will not generate any rewards. 🤣

Except that is an ALL or NOTHING solution. You cannot be selective and only see the areas of interest. The solution above gives much more control. AND you do not have to keep checking or monitoring....therefore you never miss anything in the categories selected.

True that simply posting does not earn rewards (it used to be a factor but it is believed by many that this is no longer a factor in determining rewards). But the purpose is to selectively choose areas to which you can contribute by providing helpful replies and earn Bravos and have your post selected as the Solution for a problem.

@Triguy wrote:

You can sign-up for deal alerts.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Yes, that is an alternative.... but it limits you to ONLY receive notifications about new plans/promos. If that is all you want, that works. But my question is about following activity in the forum.

@Jb456 wrote:

@pm-smayer97  on a desktop/laptop if you go to community forums main page. That page is all you need. Shows new topics on right / lastest posts on left (well technically switched left / right but I meant looking at the screen).

Just refresh page and see if anything new has been written. Either a reply to a post or a new topic.

I use my cell phone. Find it's easier. As they show underneath each other.

Screenshot_20201004_124839.jpgif I scroll down more its latest topics. But both show under latest posts so there is not really a need to scroll further down.

On another note there is actually a feature that this khoros forum software has that pops up a notification each time a new topic is created. 

I believe PM has it completely turned off however I am going to assume at one point it was on when they were doing updates to the forums. I was lucky enough to be online when the feature was activated for a few seconds before it was gone again...

Screenshot_20200402_133055.jpg

Notice the first notification. Govserv1 posted a new topic in Rewards.

I received that notification as well as the popup that happens bottom of screen (at least on cell phone it's bottom) when someone bravos, marks a solution, replies  or tags you in a comment.

I'd like to have that feature back but I doubt it. So refreshing the page it is.

It all depends on what you want to notifications for. The solution above notifies you WITHOUT having to check anything...AND you can selectively choose to what categories you want to be notified. Much finer control.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Forgot all that newsfeed agr and just go here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/category-id/P...

or here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/...

BTW: being aware of posts will not generate any rewards. 🤣

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@pm-smayer97  on a desktop/laptop if you go to community forums main page. That page is all you need. Shows new topics on right / lastest posts on left (well technically switched left / right but I meant looking at the screen).

Just refresh page and see if anything new has been written. Either a reply to a post or a new topic.

I use my cell phone. Find it's easier. As they show underneath each other.

Screenshot_20201004_124839.jpgif I scroll down more its latest topics. But both show under latest posts so there is not really a need to scroll further down.

On another note there is actually a feature that this khoros forum software has that pops up a notification each time a new topic is created. 

I believe PM has it completely turned off however I am going to assume at one point it was on when they were doing updates to the forums. I was lucky enough to be online when the feature was activated for a few seconds before it was gone again...

Screenshot_20200402_133055.jpg

Notice the first notification. Govserv1 posted a new topic in Rewards.

I received that notification as well as the popup that happens bottom of screen (at least on cell phone it's bottom) when someone bravos, marks a solution, replies  or tags you in a comment.

I'd like to have that feature back but I doubt it. So refreshing the page it is.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can sign-up for deal alerts.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

You could spend a lot of time perusing each category manually. Another is to use this trick to get email notifications to any forum areas:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages,etc

(note there is small lag between posts and getting an email notification because of the polling cycle).

Need Help? Let's chat.