Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the community to save money on my plan

Bradleypaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

9 REPLIES 9

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know this topic has been solved with very good responses already. If you are motivated into reducing your Public Mobile bill, your time and effort would actually be better off focusing on building a solid base of people you can refer to also using the service. It's the referral rewards that truly have the best monetary bang for your buck as far as rewards go. As has already been said, putting your efforts into gaining community rewards pays off far far less money rewards than you would make at any minimum wage job. You truly would be better off just picking up an extra hour at your job than spending 2-3 hours a day on the community. That being said, I agree that the community rewards should just be an afterthought, and participation here should only be motivated by enjoyment of engaging and helping others. 

ANITAW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you  log in  to your phone on top therr is community sign first register then you can use community

Dgraziani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the same question will be asked again next week lol. People seem to be under the impression of cutting their already cheap phone bill in half. It is doable but with lots of work and effort. Bravo to those on here helping out. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Bradleypaul my first suggestion would be if one were to participate in the community to change their name to a proper nickname to protect ones identity

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bradleypaul...

if you haven't done so already..consider putting your valid credit card or debit card on your account and enable Autopay. That way you'll get the Autopay Reward of $2 every time your plan renews itself.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bradleypaul 

• Read new threads
  • Bravo good replies
  • Reply with helpful suggestions
  • Hope to be assigned a solution for efforts

Repeat, repeat, repeat

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bradleypaul 

The basics to earning community rewards is to be responsive, be specific, be helpful.  Peruse the Latest Topics for threads with unassigned solutions for current discussions.  Bravo others who have helpful replies.  

Take time to read the Get Help articles, some recent threads with New Solutions, and ask SIMon the chatbot bubble to the lower right some general questions.

Eventually, you'll get a knack for giving advice that has mostly helped others with similar issues.

You'll generally find that if you spend a few minutes each day, you may achieve a Top 50% reward, however to reach the Top 1% requires 15+ hours of effort each month.

And Oracles, well they are merit-based positions based on duration of dedication and helpfulness.

Here's the tiers for your information:

HALIMACS_0-1618155090564.png

@Dunkman wrote:

$15/month likely need to spend at least 2-3 hours everyday. Less than minimum wage if you average it out. 

If you like to help out and enjoy online community, then go for it. If you are trying to earn money via community rewards, it is not worth the time.

It is not just 'spending 2-3 hours daily'. Those 2-3 hours have to be productive helping and assisting other not just replying 'OK', 'Agree', etc.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bradleypaul 

Welcome to the community forum.

Here is a help article on community rewards:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

It is easier to earn the lower amounts per month. It takes a lot of time to earn the higher levels. As we joke on the community forum, you can likely earn more money collecting bottles and cans on the street then spending time here. Earning $20 is not reachable for most people, except for oracles (invite only). $15/month likely need to spend at least 2-3 hours everyday. Less than minimum wage if you average it out. 

If you like to help out and enjoy online community, then go for it. If you are trying to earn money via community rewards, it is not worth the time.

Need Help? Let's chat.