cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help articles privacy error.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Is anyone else getting a privacy error when they try to access the help articles? Thanks. Using Google chrome on a Samsung Android Tablet. 

13 REPLIES 13

@gpixel 

Is this what you were talking about?

Kyra13000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yeah that seems to be what works for most

@gblackma 

I had this the other day.  I just cleared my browser, closed it. Rebooted and when I opened Firefox again all was good.

you can simply manually proceed. except I don’t ever recommend doing this unless you fully understand that nothing will be encrypted if you proceed. Seeing this error could very well mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server and you should typically close the site immediately. It is also possible that the website has been compromised and there is a malicious redirection. If you’re in a public place, never try to bypass this screen.

Screenshot_20200714-094723.png

public just renewed their certificate on February 14, 2020. so this was not a renewal of the certificate... 

@gblackma  tey have been doing lots of backend work lately this may have contributed to that. Or they were working on it as you were attempting to access it. 

Working properly now. 

@gblackma wrote:

Still down for me.

I wouldn't say that the site is down. People can still bypass the warning to view the site.

Still down for me.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Main website still down here too. "Safari could establish secure connection"

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It's back!  I have not had ssl errors in a long while.  

DanAR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here's what Firefox says:

Firefox warning.jpg

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma I was just about to post that. I couldn't get on any public Mobile site about 5 minuites ago.

Screenshot_20200714-090643_Chrome.jpg

I had to proceed "unsafe"

@gblackma wrote:

Is anyone else getting a privacy error when they try to access the help articles? Thanks. Using Google chrome on a Samsung Android Tablet. 

This morning, the main publicmobile.ca site is giving that error message.

Need Help? Let's chat.