cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else received this Message?

brianchamp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am fairly new to the community. I signed in and had a message. I clicked it and it took me to another site.. Is this something Public Mobile sends out? Possible scam? I copied and pasted the actual message...

Pistachios 
Thursday
Hey! We are giveaway a brand new iPhone 12 Pro! You can take part today! Go here ~~ www.winner-zone.com - and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Good luck!
15 REPLIES 15

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I dont get how his account is still active, it should just be removed completely....

Dtack

I also received the message, but forgot to report it - I did delete right away.  These scammers seem to be everywhere now!  Be careful!

lauriegoyeche

No I have never seen this scam. Thanks for the warning

woolfcoop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I notified the moderator and will have my browser classify it as a scam.

pjhross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is a scam. Public Mobile won't send you to another site and make you pay money to win.

hyT

Looks like spam. Baits like spam. Smells like phish. 

It is spam. Don't ever click on those links. I didn't.

This is the first one I have received since I joined PM in March. It's not a common occurrence, yet.

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I got this one too but ignored it. It's amazing what people will try these days... 

It's not amazing that they try. Because it's amazing that some people will always be suckered.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I got this one too but ignored it. It's amazing what people will try these days... 

brianchamp

Thank you. I found the link and reported it... 

@brianchamp wrote:

Thanks for your help... Who and how do I report the Private Message? I looked for a link in my PM folder and could not see anything... I thought posting it here would let other know it is not legit..

Thank you everyone for your help..

@brianchamp here you go...  #1

private message.png

@brianchamp 

At the bottom of the message, there is a REPORT button.

brianchamp

Thanks for your help... Who and how do I report the Private Message? I looked for a link in my PM folder and could not see anything... I thought posting it here would let other know it is not legit..

Thank you everyone for your help..

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brianchamp   Yes that message has been sent to quite a few users over the last several days.  As suggested don't click on that link or any link that comes unsolicited from unknown parties.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's spam. Report it. Don't click the link.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@brianchamp 

DO NOT click on the content within this message.

It is phishing scam.

Need Help? Let's chat.