cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAckers???

pcassoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is public mobile website hacked? Why I received this message?

Losttimesz 
an hour ago
Hey! We are giving away a brand new Apple iPhone 12! You can take part today! Go here ~~ www.winner-zone.com ~~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!
6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pcassoy  Not a hack, just a spammer that signed up and started spamming other members. As suggested just report the message or just ignore it.

got that myself, too. and I reported the message. I think if Mod receive enough complain on a particular account.. they should deactivate it.. although, he can just create a new one... 😞

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@pcassoy wrote:

Is public mobile website hacked? Why I received this message?

Losttimesz 
an hour ago
Hey! We are giving away a brand new Apple iPhone 12! You can take part today! Go here ~~ www.winner-zone.com ~~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!

@pcassoy Anyone can sign up for a community account and post / send messages here. No hacking skills required. What you need to do is select "report" link bottom left of message, enter "spam" as reason, then delete the message.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@pcassoy  

Go into the message and to the left of delete there is "report" click that and just type spammer then hit send to report to moderator.

I did one earlier...this has been going on for around a week or so....

Here's what they right back.

Re: [ABUSE] By: GloomyCloudsz / Private Message (1276407)

Hello Jb456! Thank you so much for contacting us and for bringing this to our attention. This matter is currently under investigation and we're doing everything we can to ensure that our Community Members remain protected.

I'd like to let you know that this is in fact not an official Public Mobile promotion as all of our promo pages are under the "Public Mobile" domain name. Please do not click on this link or enter any personal information.

These are some general recommendation in case you’ve clicked on a phishing link:

Do not enter any data

Disconnect from the internet

Scan your equipment using an antivirus/anti-malware software – do a full scan

Change your passwords

Make sure you’ve backed up files somewhere safe

If you have entered any payment information contact your financial institution to report this immediately

If you have any other questions or requests please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards, Lexie

Public Mobile Moderator.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Just don't respond to it.

Need Help? Let's chat.